BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#1081 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

Many do so because the units are significantly cheaper and that’s all they qualify for.

This is an extremely valid point. Non-rental buildings units still sell, but at a substantial discount to rental allowed buildings.

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1082 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:09 PM

I'll agree to disagree on the renters vs. owners debate but can tell you it is harder than you think to get rid of a bad tenant. My buddy is on strata at Promontory and *****es constantly about the renters and the issues they've had with SOME not ALL. As of recent Bayview had a terrible renter that took a while to get rid of and the building is now back to normal (key scratching the fob readers, damage to party room) it took a while to figure who it was and ousted him but wasn't quick and wasn't easy. As an owner I find it hard to believe anyone spending over $400k on a unit is going to devalue the property. Again just my opinion.

• Nparker likes this

#1083 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

A couple of units have moved into the tower, one on the fifth floor.

A move-in is in progress this morning.

Edited by laconic, 02 February 2019 - 09:03 AM.

• songheesguy likes this

#1084 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:20 PM

Anyone know if these are common or private?

20190218_143450.jpg

#1085 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:51 AM

They sure don't look level!

Edit: As has been pointed out to me, the garage floor slopes so each plugin is the same height from the ground. Makes sense just looks odd in the photo.
  • Nparker likes this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#1086 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

Why should they be level? Some people are very short, some people are very tall. Get over it, man.

#1087 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

Anyone know if these are common or private?

Common, according to your Citified article  ;)

#1088 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

Common, according to your Citified article  ;)

According to marketing marterial which may differ from the finished product. 

#1089 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

According to marketing marterial which may differ from the finished product. 

If CoV was smart they would have secured the provision of EV charging through the rezoning, or through the zoning bylaw. That's what we've done in Richmond: 100% of new residential parking stalls must be EV ready (i.e. the outlet is there but not necessarily the charger), Removes the guessing game.

#1090 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:22 PM

Came across this rental ad for a furnished condo in Encore.  The ad claims Encore is completely smoke-free.  Can anyone who owns there confirm this?

https://www.padmappe...bc-v9a-0b8#warm

#1091 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

BOSA made promises for Promontory about having every stall electric vehicle capable.

https://www.timescol...ric-cars-1.6436

Only the 10 stalls mentioned in the article have conduit (largely because they are immediately below the electrical vault). There isn't any pre-wiring for any of the other stalls, other than the upgraded transformer. They wanted to charge about $6000 for a charging stall and it turned out nobody took them up on the offer.

BOSA allocated the pre-wired stalls to regular folks. The problem with that is that once the stalls have been assigned they can't easily be reassigned (in effect they are limited common property permanently assigned to a particular unit). In addition, because of their scarcity they are now an asset.

Having a charger in your own stall is definitely a luxury and very convenient. A level 2 charger can take 4-5 hours to charge an almost empty EV, so it can be a pain if you have to move your car when done charging.

There isn't really a need to have a charger in every stall. With a decent cord, a single charger can be shared among three or four stalls.

If I were designing the condo

1) Have a set of designated charging stalls available. Until the chargers are installed the spots can be occupied by a particular owner, but once there is a need to put a charger in the stall then that person must swap stalls for a non-charging stall.

2) Have an overflow area right next to the charging stations. This allows charged cars to be conveniently moved if there is lots of demand for the charging stalls. Play the same designation game to be able to expand the overflow area.

3) Ensure that the charging stations have wireless capability. This allow the charging station to report if it is in use (and to identify/shame those folks who continue to hog a stall after they are done charging).

#1092 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:26 PM

interesting. yes a change to the limited common property requires a 100% vote. then it has to be registered again at land titles. so a virtual impossibility to have it changed.

#1093 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

Came across this rental ad for a furnished condo in Encore.  The ad claims Encore is completely smoke-free.  Can anyone who owns there confirm this?

https://www.padmappe...bc-v9a-0b8#warm

Would be nice. But I don't know for sure. On the other hand, I haven't smelt any tobacco smoke in the building at all.  I'd actually forgotten smoking exists.

#1094 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

The majority of new buildings are, no?

#1095 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Would be nice. But I don't know for sure. On the other hand, I haven't smelt any tobacco smoke in the building at all.  I'd actually forgotten smoking exists.

An interesting point of note is that I saw that construction workers on the Encore development had to go to the sidewalk on the other side of the street to smoke on their breaks. Therefore, it may be true that the building and grounds are smoke free.

#1096 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:48 AM

Even older buildings are adopting no smoking bylaws, even on your own deck or inside your unit. 

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#1097 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:43 AM

Yup, the Bayview One strata recently voted for the property to become completely smoke-free.  No smoking anywhere on the property.  It further prohibits growing, selling, or smoking marijuana anywhere on the property.

Edited by Gary H, 28 February 2019 - 09:54 AM.

• lanforod likes this

#1098 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

^Keeping people from their medicine? Say it ain't so.

• Dr. Barillas likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1099 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

Can we chalk this up to completed, or are remnants still under construction?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1100 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

Can we chalk this up to completed, or are remnants still under construction?

There are still a few workers on site, but it looks substantially complete. Perhaps they are fixing deficiencies, I'd think it's safe to move this to the completed section.
  • Mike K. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users