BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#1041 starrman

starrman
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

With no walk thru,s in the Tower what does that say about possible completion dates(March?)

#1042 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

With no walk thru,s in the Tower what does that say about possible completion dates(March?)

There have been walk-throughs in the Tower. I've done walk-throughs with clients on the 7th and 8th floors, but not with clients on the 14th. 

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1043 starrman

starrman
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

Being on the ground floor I would have expected those units to be the first completed?

#1044 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

Usually they put a rush on a couple of prime upper floor suites expressly for display suite purposes. The rest of the floor could be a disaster zone but those two suites will be flawlessly staged.

#1045 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Usually they put a rush on a couple of prime upper floor suites expressly for display suite purposes. The rest of the floor could be a disaster zone but those two suites will be flawlessly staged.

Not sure if that applies here as the building is sold out.

#1046 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

Doors to the small tower are wide open and a moving van filled with household goods is being unloaded. There were worker trucks parked across the parkade ramp so not sure if it is open yet.

• Bell bottoms likes this

#1047 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

First unit completed on Friday I believe.

#1048 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

@brownhorsey is that you I saw moving in today?

#1049 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

@brownhorsey is that you I saw moving in today?

No. Not us. We close (complete) Friday and take possession (key) Saturday. So Saturday would be our earliest day to move in. Are you moving in there some time?

#1050 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

No. Not us. We close (complete) Friday and take possession (key) Saturday. So Saturday would be our earliest day to move in. Are you moving in there some time?

No my daughter is taking over my unit. I just can't leave The Bayview I love it.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#1051 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

Im surprised no units are up for sale on MLS yet. @Brownhorsey123 did you get moved in yesterday? If so what are your initial thoughts?

#1052 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:49 PM

Im surprised no units are up for sale on MLS yet. @Brownhorsey123 did you get moved in yesterday? If so what are your initial thoughts?

They are only completing/moving in the 5-story so far so not much of an opportunity for anyone to go on MLS yet. I have two units coming up for sale so far so my guess is there will be probably 12 +/- units listed between completion and summer. I don't think we will see 10 on the market at the same time as units will sell as new ones come up but there will be listing for sure.

#1053 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

They are only completing/moving in the 5-story so far so not much of an opportunity for anyone to go on MLS yet. I have two units coming up for sale so far so my guess is there will be probably 12 +/- units listed between completion and summer. I don't think we will see 10 on the market at the same time as units will sell as new ones come up but there will be listing for sure.

Will be interesting what sort of prices they fetch. I spoke to one lady out front who is also a realtor and she said people want unrealistic prices and she had to crush some dreams but in this crazy market you just never really know. 

Edited by songheesguy, 13 January 2019 - 05:37 PM.

#1054 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

Partially moved into Terrace condo unit. Love it. The unit, building and parking areas are very well finished, not tacky, with high end fixtures. Bosa is looking after us well to make sure move in is smooth. 

• Mike K., MarkoJ, Bell bottoms and 2 others like this

#1055 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

Partially moved into Terrace condo unit. Love it. The unit, building and parking areas are very well finished, not tacky, with high end fixtures. Bosa is looking after us well to make sure move in is smooth. 

Tim from Bosa is great!

#1056 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

So "technically" is the tower still under construction, as in crews are finalizing work on the building, or is everything complete pending walk-throughs and more managerial types of activities?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1057 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

So "technically" is the tower still under construction, as in crews are finalizing work on the building, or is everything complete pending walk-throughs and more managerial types of activities?

There are still crews working on some of the tower units. Finish work I would assume (hope), but I saw crews working on the tower as recently as this morning.

• Mike K. likes this

#1058 Bayliving

Bayliving
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:09 PM

There are still crews working on some of the tower units. Finish work I would assume (hope), but I saw crews working on the tower as recently as this morning.

Does anyone know the status of the Tower rooftop? It was framed about four months ago but does not appear to be completed.

#1059 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:35 PM

Will be interesting what sort of prices they fetch. I spoke to one lady out front who is also a realtor and she said people want unrealistic prices and she had to crush some dreams but in this crazy market you just never really know. 

I've had quite a few people phone me with Encore units and when I've given my opinion on value they've decided to rent them out. Expectations are super high and people are trying to sell me on the building/development and I am like....."no, I get it, I bought two units @ Encore and its a great development but I don't think you are going to get $1,000 a foot for your non-view unit."

#1060 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:59 PM

Not in it to make money. It was a lifestyle decision.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users