BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#1001 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:44 AM

Well, these deficiency walk thru's are happening before occupancy, so any deficiencies can be rectified before completion day. After that, there is a guarantee of a few months that all is correct.

They must be feeling a lot of pressure now to get all those railings up and everything completed on time. Only a few months remain. As to the boot thing - we had to take our shoes off for the deficiency walk thru. Wonder if the guys will have their (muddy) boots off for installing the railings? When the cam was up I didn't see any railings go up the outside for installation, BTW. Perhaps they all went up from the inside.

Lots of workers there yesterday (sunday) which was very surprising. They were putting some water in the pool....if they would have waited until today the rain would have done the job, pouring this morning

#1002 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:35 AM

Wonder if the guys will have their (muddy) boots off for installing the railings?

That's against WorksafeBC rules, not saying it isn't possible, but I doubt guys are running around in their socks.

What floor was your unit on?  I am curious how far up the tower is totally complete

#1003 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

I have never heard of deficiency walk thru before the city grants occupancy, hell the building still doesn't have railings up yet.  Anyone want to guess how they are getting the railing out there?  right thru finished suites, that's how we had to do it on one job.  a few bumps of the walls here, a rock stuck in a guys boot there, maybe a scratch piece of power coat or a nick in the glass, etc, etc.

I've done over 100 deficiency walk-thrus over the years and I am guessing 95% of the time it has been way in advance of occupancy. The developer makes you wear boots, hardhat and gets you to sign a bunch of waivers.

Most of the time the railings are already installed; however, with BOSA I wouldn't worry. There are people employed full time by BOSA doing deficiencies (they will take a look at the unit prior to deficiency walk-through, after the deficiencies have been addressed, before completion and then they have excellent customer service after completion/possession).

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1004 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

That's against WorksafeBC rules, not saying it isn't possible, but I doubt guys are running around in their socks.

What floor was your unit on?  I am curious how far up the tower is totally complete

Am in Terrace, not Tower. Had walk through in Terrace condo in June. Or was it July? Anyway, a long time ago now. Were just minor deficiencies noted and railings had long been up.

Edited by Brownhorsey123, 26 November 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#1005 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:08 AM

I've done over 100 deficiency walk-thrus over the years and I am guessing 95% of the time it has been way in advance of occupancy. The developer makes you wear boots, hardhat and gets you to sign a bunch of waivers.

Most of the time the railings are already installed; however, with BOSA I wouldn't worry. There are people employed full time by BOSA doing deficiencies (they will take a look at the unit prior to deficiency walk-through, after the deficiencies have been addressed, before completion and then they have excellent customer service after completion/possession).

Yes. This confirms my impression at and following the walk through of our Terrace unit.I felt that Bosa would look after any deficiencies, if they should remain after possession. Think they'll do a thorough job there.

#1006 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

Some plants and trees were delivered today.

#1007 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

Some plants and trees were delivered today.

Wow! They really must be getting near the end and ready for possession then. 

#1008 webbisms

webbisms
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

Just received word.  Now they are saying occupancy will be in January 2019   - so completions will not start until the new year.  FYI

Edited by webbisms, 27 November 2018 - 11:17 AM.

#1009 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 12:46 PM

Just received word.  Now they are saying occupancy will be in January 2019   - so completions will not start until the new year.  FYI

Any idea what issues were found so occupancy delayed?

#1010 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

^probably the lack of labour

#1011 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

I got an email saying lower portion of tower end-mid January....I guess it makes sense. With two buildings they can move in quite a few people per day as two elevators can be used for move-ins versus one.

#1012 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

Photo courtesy of Mr. Bicknell....water in the pool!

Pool Promontory.jpg

#1013 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:48 PM

Photo courtesy of Mr. Bicknell....water in the pool!

attachicon.gifPool Promontory.jpg

There's water in the pool. But what's all that other stuff? Looks like there's an awful lot to do. Good thing the climate is agreeable to outside work in the winter.

#1014 webbisms

webbisms
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 05:53 PM

They have indicated that they are moving forward to get the Occupancy Permit in the coming weeks however have made the decision to start completions in January...

#1015 webbisms

webbisms
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Encore images as of November 30th.  :)

Attached Images

• Tower View.jpg
  • Terraces Elevator Hall.jpg
  • Terraces & Podium View.jpg
  • Terraces Lobby.jpg

• Nparker, Bell bottoms and Brownhorsey123 like this

#1016 starrman

starrman
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:57 AM

web camera still not active probably disconnected by BOSA to avoid showing lack of progress on site!

#1017 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:43 AM

web camera still not active probably disconnected by BOSA to avoid showing lack of progress on site!

Yes. still not active. It would be nice to have it operational again.

#1018 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Photos from Dec 7th

Attached Images

• IMG_9018.JPG
  • IMG_9035.JPG
  • IMG_9032.JPG
  • IMG_9030.JPG
  • IMG_9029.JPG
  • IMG_9027 (1).JPG
  • IMG_9025.JPG

• Bell bottoms likes this

#1019 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:57 PM

Photos from Dec 7th

Thanks for posting. Great to get an update!

#1020 starrman

starrman
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

webcam back up not much progress?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users