- - - - -

Canadian Tire stores in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#21 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

Which ones are those? I haven't seen one here yet but there is one like that in Duncan. The new one in Nanaimo is suppose to be fairly nice as well.  

Its a real shame that Canadian tire doesn't have any gas bars out there tho

Up around Edmonton.

#22 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

I think there's no chance they make changes to the back side of Hillside.

There's plenty of space to put in plenty of service bays at the front to the right around where the word "Pharmacy" used to be at Target.

Capture.PNG

Edited by jonny, 07 May 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#23 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

Buying all those Target locations saves Canadian Tire buying lots of red exterior paint!

• Nparker likes this

#24 aastra

aastra
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

I think there's no chance they make changes to the back side of Hillside.

For sure. There's a ton of space on the front side there, like you say. So that landscaping on the back street that 99.8%* of Hillside's customers never see will surely remain.

*VHF-certified statistic

#25 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:57 PM

There's plenty of space to put in plenty of service bays at the front to the right around where the word "Pharmacy" used to be at Target.

Maybe, but it will put a crimp in the parking lot and the access road to it.

But Canadian Tire would be the very last place I would take my vehicle for servicing or any kind, and that includes getting tires there.

• johnk likes this

#26 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

Maybe, but it will put a crimp in the parking lot and the access road to it.

But Canadian Tire would be the very last place I would take my vehicle for servicing or any kind, and that includes getting tires there.

Access is already awful. One of the worst sections is trying to get across the front of Thrifty's. Cars don't come and go in and out of service bays all that often, so maybe it won't be that big of a deal.

#27 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

I go to the small Canadian Tire on Shelbourne when I am doing a price comparison with Home Depot.

I park at HD and walk through the hole in the wall to CT,  or to Tim Hortons. I think those stores benefit from that setting.

I wonder if people will travel to a huge Canadian Tire at the former Hillside Target as that mall seems to be better situated for the local Oak Bay and Saanich shoppers.

#28 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

Have you been in the CT store in Duncan? It's huge and has an amazing selection of products.....I think it would do very well at Hillside
  • Nparker, LocalMom and jonny like this

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

The one in Langford is great, and so in the one in View Royal. Douglas and Shelbourne need to go.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

The one in Langford is great, and so in the one in View Royal. Douglas and Shelbourne need to go.

I don't think bigger is necessarily better as Future Shop might have been better off where they were at Blanshard and Cloverdale, likewise Michaels who moved from the same location into former Best Buy space at Uptown.  As for screws nails and other doodads I can find most things at the small Home Hardware on Oak Bay Avenue. For lumber, my favourite for service is Lumber World on Quadra. When it comes to groceries Fairways has been successful by operating out of a relatively small store.

#31 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

^ Funny enough none of those business every get my business.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#32 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

I've never had a problem with the Douglas St. Canadian Tire. You guys don't like 1970s floor tile?

• Nparker and Bingo like this

#33 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

The problem with the chain run canadian tire stores is all the junk blocking your way in the aisles. 

#34 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,669 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:11 PM

The problem with the chain run canadian tire stores is all the junk blocking your way in the aisles. 

And not enough bike lanes...

• Daveyboy likes this

#35 Langford Rat

Langford Rat
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

... Oh yeah, hire a few more people who act like they want to be there.

My rule of thumb for getting the best help in a hardware store is to seek out the oldest guy working and ask him...but that doesn't really work when the oldest person is about twenty.

#36 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

Lowes is taking Tillicum Mall. New thread?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#37 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,466 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

Technically they're still mum on the acquisition and no official word has been released.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#38 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I've heard that the Shelbourne and Douglas Canadian Tires will both be leaving and being replaced by the Hillside location. No idea as to when this will occur.

It will be interesting to see what happens to those two very dated sites. The Douglas area could really transform with a new development. The Shelbourne one is more likely to stay given it's strip mall surroundings - not sure who would want to move in there though.

#39 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Not sure if this has been said yet, but I've heard that the Shelbourne and Douglas Canadian Tires will both be leaving and being replaced by the Hillside location. No idea as to when this will occur.

I think the hillside space is too large to be viable and I think to relocate there is to move further away from the center of the population that would support a large store. It might make more sense to revamp the old Target location on Tillicum for the purpose.

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

It might make more sense to revamp the old Target location on Tillicum for the purpose.

That's becoming a Lowe's.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users