Rising Sea Levels

• Please log in to reply
1357 replies to this topic

#1221 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:22 PM

Well no one asked you.. that’s ok, no one runs decisions through you.. but when you call out lies I think it’s prudent you explain it instead of move topics…

I said “how to lie with statistics.” You definitely get an F.
No one was asked. Find me any public consultation on our municipal government committing resources to controlling the climate to within 1.5 degrees.

#1222 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 07:52 PM

Here is why looking at the last 20 years compared to the 80 years prior is problematic. What happend during the drop out of 5 years? That would need to be known to make sense of this data. 1EIEAK0.jpeg

#1223 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:19 PM

How do you know? Haha. You say that like you can just look it up.

I know like you call-out people for lying but can’t answer the question… they can measure carbon levels but you don’t believe anything like that.. you just make believe… Science grade D-

Typical, get called out then no back up.. maybe a YouTube video meaning nothing.. same as last 4 years.. all bluster.. bully..

Edited by Ismo07, 18 March 2024 - 08:29 PM.

#1224 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:33 PM

Who is the bully? I say you. Especially calling me a bully. 

I made a reference to "How to lie with statistics" I didn't call anyone a liar.... I don't have to explain myself to you yet you make demands and call me names. I just gave you a grade on your reading comprehension which is an F since I didn't call anyone a liar..... 

Edited by dasmo, 18 March 2024 - 08:33 PM.

#1225 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:48 PM

Who is the bully? I say you. Especially calling me a bully.
I made a reference to "How to lie with statistics" I didn't call anyone a liar.... I don't have to explain myself to you yet you make demands and call me names. I just gave you a grade on your reading comprehension which is an F since I didn't call anyone a liar.....

You called the article a liar, cause they said March 16th was hottest day, then added nothing and then me when I pointed out your dots.. such a back tracker.. I called you a bully cause how many good people you chased off this board, then have the audacity to call out my reading level? What a joke… You can’t admit your reading leaves much to be desired and that no one cares about your grades.. again can’t back up comments… was the 16th the hottest day I. March since measured? Still can’t answer… typical..

Edited by Ismo07, 18 March 2024 - 08:50 PM.

#1226 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:52 PM

You called the article a liar, cause they said March 16th was hottest day, then added nothing and then me when I pointed out your dots.. such a back tracker.. I called you a bully cause how many good people you chased off this board… You can’t admit your reading leaves much to be desired and that no one cares about your grades.. again can’t back up comments… was the 16th the hottest day I. March since measured? Still can’t answer… typical..

No back tracking. I said how to lie with statistics. The article says a specific date. The sheeple won't notice that. They will see a record for March. The entire concept of how to lie with statistics is lying without lying. Watch the video... 

I chased people off this board? Give me a break.

I helped and help people here. I also make people laugh who get it.... 

I only give you back what you give. 

Edited by dasmo, 18 March 2024 - 08:52 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#1227 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 08:59 PM

No back tracking. I said how to lie with statistics. The article says a specific date. The sheeple won't notice that. They will see a record for March. The entire concept of how to lie with statistics is lying without lying. Watch the video...

I chased people off this board? Give me a break.

I helped and help people here. I also make people laugh who get it....

I only give you back what you give.

After I asked you 20 times about the lie you didn’t actually point out anything about what you thought people would think.. the article doesn’t even talk about climate change, only that it was a nice warm March day and it was a puff piece… you called it lies.. I asked so many times to clarify.. you would t until later you called yourself a joke, most honest thing you’ve said… all the BS you say I ask you to clarify and all you do is change the subject.. you call out lies but can’t figure out even what you mean.. you dont help people you say half truths but can’t explain yourself without reverting to other people words.. you are the sheep end of day… keep trying.. keep talking then back away…

We actually had a lab scientist on the board who you chased away with YouTube BS and he was actually explaining how teats actually work… you have little idea.. he was educating, you regurgitate interweb baloney..

Edited by Ismo07, 18 March 2024 - 09:06 PM.

#1228 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:08 PM

No I don't. I provided you wit your dots for instance. You have a distorted picture of me because I bring out your ugly side and it enrages you....

If I chased away a scientist from this board they were a coward haha. Zealots don't like it when the skeptic calls out their zealotry that is as old as Protagoras. They like it better when they can poison them. 

#1229 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:17 PM

No I don't. I provided you wit your dots for instance. You have a distorted picture of me because I bring out your ugly side and it enrages you....
If I chased away a scientist from this board they were a coward haha. Zealots don't like it when the skeptic calls out their zealotry that is as old as Protagoras. They like it better when they can poison them.

No I like when you have that graph.. I appreciate facts.. then you said there was no change lol.. I said a bunch of dots in the last 20 years are above a certain temp and you said that was a lie.. again you couldn’t substantiate that… see what I mean.. bully and then back away.. bring all the facts then let’s talk about it..

Greg, I think that was his name,, got tired of being told he was wrong by someone who doesn’t know anything about it, just from his learning from YouTube.. You need to question rather than tell.. but you think you are right and you aren’t… when you post something I ask you then you tell me I can’t read when really you can’t defend your words… have a little more humility, you’re not all knowing… ok to ask question and discuss.. you could even answer some instead of demeaning questions… if someone asks you something it might be because you aren’t clear… try to be forth coming instead of defensive.. otherwise you are joking..

#1230 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:23 PM

I didn't say there was no change.... It is extremely clear what I am saying and I said it again with my extremely clear visual of the dots. You then act like you don't get it and start demanding I explain myself to your strawmen. I am tired of that so I don't entertain it. That is not bullying.... 

I don't have to explain every little thing to you. Especially when you make up half of what you demand I explain to you. 

How dare you call me a bully. 

#1231 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:32 PM

[quote name="dasmo" post="735927" timestamp="1710825823"

You absolutely said there was no change..

I didn't say there was no change.... It is extremely clear what I am saying and I said it again with my extremely clear visual of the dots. You then act like you don't get it and start demanding I explain myself to your strawmen. I am tired of that so I don't entertain it. That is not bullying....
I don't have to explain every little thing to you. Especially when you make up half of what you demand I explain to you.

How dare you call me a bully.[/quote]I asked you what was a lie.. you couldn’t explain it lol.. then you demeaned my English comprehension.. how dare I call you a bully lol.. you are still joking.. you actually don’t use straw man correctly even.. imagine telling someone who has been working in a lab and testing that you know more than him cause you watched YouTube lol.. when your fave thing to say to someone is prove it but you don’t prove anything..

Edited by Ismo07, 18 March 2024 - 09:39 PM.

#1232 Tony

Tony
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:43 PM

Just looking at temperature change will not answer many questions. The suggestion has been to reduce any average long term temperature increase to 1.5 or now 2 degrees. A  I.5 to 2 degree change is a relative small number given the noise and annual variation in temperatures. 

As I have noted earlier I believe that the dramatically increase in atmospheric CO2 especially in the last 200 plus years as supported by records and ice core samples that go back thousands of years is the best marker of climate changes. There have been many cycles. The current measured levels are the highest recorded and increasing rapidly.

This assumes that you believe that an increase in atmospheric CO2 can increase global temperature and climate.

If you believe that is correct then...... it is all about the carbon.

If you do not believe then you do not believe.

• Ismo07 likes this

#1233 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 09:47 PM

Here is the mean max temp for march from 1898-2004 from the VICTORIA GONZALES HTS data... Note it only goes to 2004.... That still shows 100 years of non changing change....
myaHdD3.jpeg

100 years of non-changing change lol.. another lie

Edited by Ismo07, 18 March 2024 - 09:55 PM.

#1234 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 10:52 AM

Reading comprehension still low....

#1235 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 01:01 PM

Here is a lie. 

"There are no shrimp in the Gulf of St. Lawrence this summer." 

https://www.youtube....VUYKT5-QEW&t=75

#1236 JimV

JimV
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:36 PM

There was a news story on CFAX today, read by Lisa Best.  Headline was “This was the warmest winter on record.”  The rest of the story revealed that it was the warmest winter since 1948.  This the kind of shoddy reporting that accounts for a lot of the hysteria we endure these days.

• Nparker likes this

#1237 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:41 PM

And yet I had to turn on my heat more often this winter than I recall doing in the past.

#1238 Tony

Tony
  • 520 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 04:45 PM

Half truth? Perhaps he should have said in 2019, there are areas of the gulf where there are now areas with insufficient  shrimp for commercial fishing because of a rise in ocean floor temperatures. A real problem that affects the lives of Canadians.

Northern shrimp is widely distributed in the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence, but since 2008 the research survey has shown a decline in the species’ area of concentration. This decrease is also seen in the commercial fishery, as some fishing grounds are no longer occupied due to low shrimp abundance.

https://waves-vagues...ue/40901373.pdf

#1239 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:40 PM

Half truth? Perhaps he should have said in 2019, there are areas of the gulf where there are now areas with insufficient  shrimp for commercial fishing because of a rise in ocean floor temperatures. A real problem that affects the lives of Canadians.

Northern shrimp is widely distributed in the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence, but since 2008 the research survey has shown a decline in the species’ area of concentration. This decrease is also seen in the commercial fishery, as some fishing grounds are no longer occupied due to low shrimp abundance.

https://waves-vagues...ue/40901373.pdf

I'm glad you looked. Saying there are no shrimp is just a plain lie though. The half truth here is saying like it is fact that the lowered expected yield is because of a rise in ocean temperatures.  That MAY be a part of it. So there is a half truth. It's not because of it without a shadow of doubt. In fact part the overall ecology of the wildlife they are documenting is actually showing a huge resurgence of other species like the redfish. Who's diet includes the shrimp....

The return of redfish to the waters of the St. Lawrence could well mean that, for cold-water species, there will be more bad news. Indeed, recent research on the diet of redfish shows that once they reach a size of 25 to 30 cm, northern shrimp become one of their main prey. However, redfish born in the 2010s were about 24 cm in 2021. Although at this time we cannot accurately determine the amount of shrimp needed to sustain the 2.8 million tons of redfish currently inhabiting the St. Lawrence, this predation pressure is expected to accelerate the decline of shrimp, whose productivity is already negatively impacted by warming waters.

But propagandizing the need to tax us into poverty can't have nuance or half truths. Just big lies... 

RedFish_Infographic.jpg

#1240 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 19 March 2024 - 07:11 PM

....The return of redfish to the waters of the St. Lawrence could well mean that, for cold-water species, there will be more bad news...

Every cloud has a silver lining

...Redfish is a healthy and delicious fish that offers a variety of health benefits. It is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and also contains a variety of important vitamins and minerals. Additionally, it is a low-calorie, low-fat food that is versatile and easy to prepare. If you're looking for a healthy and tasty addition to your diet, consider adding redfish to your menu...

https://www.therusti...health benefits.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users