[James Bay] Shoal Point condo | 13-storeys | Built - completed in 2005

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#81 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:09 AM

...I had the fortune to visit this home one evening several years back...

Your autobiography must be at a thousand pages by now.

#82 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:17 AM

You're 'this' close to not getting that chapter I plan to dedicate to you and your photoshop images, and giving you the foreword, and the epilogue, and presenting you with a signed copy, and asking you to ghostwrite the rest of it.

So don't push it.

• aastra, Hotel Mike and grantpalin like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#83 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:21 AM

David Butterfield's residence is now for sale, and on the market for the first time since the late developer and his wife moved in upon the project's completion circa 2000 or 2001 (Shoal Point was completed in phases through 2005).

This truly is one of Victoria's most breathtaking residences, and I had the fortune to visit this home one evening several years back. When viewing the photos you'll see a glass-encased component of the atrium floor. That was once a koi pond.

https://www.realtor....toria-james-bay

The strata fee is more than I make most months and the pet bylaw restricts dogs to 20lbs.  What the? 

• RFS likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#84 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:22 AM

Lol.  If I'm paying $7.5m for a condo I'll bring whatever pets I please

• Rob Randall, rjag, sebberry and 2 others like this

#85 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:24 AM

Check out the property tax at $23,000, or over $1,900/month.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#86 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

If I'm paying $7.5m for a condo I'll bring whatever pets I please

That's why they need restrictions. What if one super rich condo owner has a pet zebra and another super rich condo owner across the hall has a pet lion? It can make for some tense interactions at strata meetings.

The pool at Shoal Point is really nice (just ask Mike K., he had the opportunity to swim there back in whenever), but it only takes a few pet crocodiles to spoil a good thing.

Crocodile_In_The_Swimming_Pool_1.jpg

pic from https://ambergriscay...ery/110825.html

Edited by aastra, 21 September 2020 - 09:52 AM.

• sebberry likes this

#87 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:50 AM

need a saltwater pool for a great white.

#88 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:50 AM

Lol.  If I'm paying $7.5m for a condo I'll bring whatever pets I please

Don't you know, the building is only designed to support the weight of a 20lb dog?  Anything heavier will surely come crashing through the floor.  

Does make you wonder though - there's a lot of wealth in that building.  Do people with that sort of money really like imposing restrictions on each other?  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#89 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:54 AM

need a saltwater pool for a great white.

Somebody here should be able to offer a recommendation. How did you happen to acquire the shark, and where are you keeping it right now?

#90 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,995 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

I had the fortune to visit this home one evening several years back.

https://www.realtor....toria-james-bay

wait until aastra reads that.

#91 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:16 AM

Dude, he writes 80% of my posts.

Know it all.

#92 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:24 AM

wait until aastra reads that.

No need to wait, I served him with a devastating zinger right away. I could tell he was staggered by it so I followed it up with another one (in the post with the crocodile pic).

Not quite a KO, but pretty close.

#93 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:26 AM

Dude, he writes 80% of my posts.

You're too modest about the AI behind this board's activity. Even on the busiest days there are only two or three actual human beings posting and reading here.

#94 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:34 AM

You're too modest about the AI behind this board's activity. Even on the busiest days there are only two or three actual human beings posting and reading here.

Your post about Shoal Point was very informative, aastra. I will use the information you provided about Shoal Point next time I discuss Shoal Point with my friends.

• Mike K., Matt R. and Greg like this

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 11:51 AM

[post edited by aastra]
  • Matt R. and Greg like this

Know it all.

#96 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

Good grief, I was thinking just this the other day.. maybe it's just Aastra, Mike and Rob posting and they've created all the other characters and villains, some better developed and defined than others that's for sure. Or maybe it is really is just a million monkeys on typewriters, not even artificial intelligence. If it is AI I'm sure that's even become lazy and they're recycling exact full posts from a decade ago. I mean, is there anything new to say?

Edited by zoomer, 21 September 2020 - 12:25 PM.

#97 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:06 PM

...they're recycling exact full posts from a decade ago. I mean, is there anything new to say?

C'mon, every year you complain there's nothing new to say and every year I offer the same rebuttals. What about bland panel cladding? Complaining about too much bland panel cladding is a recent thing. We used to complain about too much spandrel. And before that we used to complain about too much painted concrete or too much bare concrete. And before that we used to complain about too much brick.

Suffice it to say, we've woven a rich tapestry of complaints. Which is exactly the sort of thing you'd expect from a bunch of rabid pro-development stooges.*

*if any of us were actually real people

• zoomer likes this

#98 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:26 PM

Only 2 bedrooms?

If you need more bedrooms I think you can figure something about with 4155 square feet. 

#99 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:49 PM

If you need more bedrooms I think you can figure something about with 4155 square feet. 

Well there is the outdoor sleeping area, for guests you don't really like.

• Casual Kev likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#100 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Shoal Point is so incredibly fancy you'll still be wallowing in decadent luxury even if you end up sleeping outside.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users