Saanich Fair

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 55,226 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

So not only are we getting daily cancellation notices as top stories, we’re now getting notices of future meetings to discuss cancellations.

Obviously the fair is done for the year.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#82 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:40 AM

well splash or the fair or canada day are big deals.  i think they are worth reporting.

#83 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:51 AM

The fall fair on Salt Spring decided this week to cancel it's 124th annual event as well.  Sad.

Matt.

#84 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:57 AM

I've been to the fall fair on Salt Spring once, remember it was pretty lively. Will the Saturday market be axed as well if it hasn't already? I've enjoyed numerous trips to that, but it is the definition of crowded.

#85 spanky123

spanky123
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:21 AM

So not only are we getting daily cancellation notices as top stories, we’re now getting notices of future meetings to discuss cancellations.

Obviously the fair is done for the year.

Of course it is cancelled, Dr. Henry stated as such when she cancelled the PNE.

#86 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:03 PM

i've been waiting to hear the announcement that it's cancelled.. realistically it cannot happen this year, even a down key version of it with no midway, no musical events and just animals...it brings too much of a draw.. too many people too close together no way to sanitize

#87 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:07 PM

we certainly should be studying the Edmonton bonspiel and the Vancouver dental expo to see how transmission happened. From Edmonton;

In fact, the Alberta government believes it wasn’t the bonspiel itself that caused the outbreak. Rather, it was a banquet. “We suspect the virus was spread at a buffet where serving spoons were handled by many people,” Hinshaw told reporters.

https://nationalpost...break-in-canada

#88 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

I've been to the fall fair on Salt Spring once, remember it was pretty lively. Will the Saturday market be axed as well if it hasn't already? I've enjoyed numerous trips to that, but it is the definition of crowded.

Saturday market hasn’t announced anything yet, but I expect it’ll go ahead in a limited fashion later in the spring or summer. The society that runs the Tuesday market has been operating for a couple or few weeks now.

Matt.

#89 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 55,226 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

Sounds like there will be a fair this year, with limited events and a different take on the annual event altogether.

They’ll be hosting social media-based activity and at the site of the fair there will be a farmer’s market and some social distancing events that they have yet to clarify.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users