BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#2481 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 12:17 PM

In my experience renters have been less annoying than owners since they know there’s a chance of being evicted. Both these owners know it would be hard to get rid of them and have also stated “I’m an owner” when told to stop smoking. One of them also parked 3 of his cars in the visitor spots until recently after a lot of warnings although I still see one of the cars there every once and a while.

#2482 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,691 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 12:31 PM

Sounds like it's time for the strata to issue some fines in order to get these owners to comply with bylaws.

• Moxuz likes this

#2483 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 02:13 PM

The joys of the condo lifestyle, Party animal neighbours, yapping dogs and endless blood feuds. Not my idea of joy.

• Moxuz likes this

#2484 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 10:31 AM

Does anyone here still have in writing from the developer that there would be a gym? I remember that being mentioned here. Apparently the developer is trying to get away with telling the Strata he never promised a gym and won’t give them a budget for equipment. If you have that sending it to the Strata/PM would be great.

Honestly even if they don’t and as long as he at least puts in the flooring, $3,000 would probably buy a few pieces of equipment and some free weights which is much better than nothing IMO

#2485 Zzz

Zzz
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 11:55 AM

Wow are they really doing this lol. I remember somewhere Anne Greenhough said she was the one in charge of picking the equipment. I don’t know if that was an update on the website or an email she sent. They for sure said there would be one verbally in the presentation centre 20 years ago.
  • Moxuz likes this

#2486 Ssseva

Ssseva
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 12:46 PM

I added a line in my original purchase contract, which the developer signed and agreed to “Developer acknowledges that there will be a fitness centre”. I have documentary proof.

#2487 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:48 PM

3000 is not going to equip a gym with enough equipment for that size condo and for the type of heavy use required. Dumbbells are running at over $2 a pound (do the math for a full set) and add a rack to hold them for at least another $250 plus. A decent rowing machine runs another 900 and then treadmill and exercise bicycle adds up really quick. I know what I paid for my home gym. Dont forget to add in floor mats for the equipment to sit on. 

Is there nothing in the contracts that you signed? Should have set out in the contract for a prepurchase. 

• Moxuz likes this

#2488 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:54 PM

Party animal neighbours, yapping dogs and endless blood feuds. Not my idea of joy.

Says anyone who has ever worked at Vibrant Victoria corporate HQ.

• G-Man likes this

#2489 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 03:44 PM

3000 is not going to equip a gym with enough equipment for that size condo and for the type of heavy use required. Dumbbells are running at over $2 a pound (do the math for a full set) and add a rack to hold them for at least another $250 plus. A decent rowing machine runs another 900 and then treadmill and exercise bicycle adds up really quick. I know what I paid for my home gym. Dont forget to add in floor mats for the equipment to sit on.

Is there nothing in the contracts that you signed? Should have set out in the contract for a prepurchase.

Yeah I was thinking the developer would hopefully add a floor since it’s currently unfinished. I saw a couple sites had equipment like a bike / treadmill for like $700CAD each so I thought even just 3 machines is better than none and would probably be less than $2500? You’re right though it probably adds up super quickly. I was thinking bare minimum but a nice gym would probably be over 10k or something like that. Some people did have it in writing which is why I’m asking!

Edited by Moxuz, 30 September 2021 - 03:49 PM.

#2490 CitoyenduMonde

CitoyenduMonde
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:03 PM

Does anyone here still have in writing from the developer that there would be a gym? I remember that being mentioned here. Apparently the developer is trying to get away with telling the Strata he never promised a gym and won’t give them a budget for equipment. If you have that sending it to the Strata/PM would be great.

Honestly even if they don’t and as long as he at least puts in the flooring, $3,000 would probably buy a few pieces of equipment and some free weights which is much better than nothing IMO

When we purchased there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a gym and we had specifically asked about that. I was therefore very surprised when you and others all said that a gym was foreseen. On the other hand, that which has happened with the thefts in the bike cages was largely foreseeable and is fully attributable to the builder. I own a number of bikes and their total value easily outstrips the value of my and most people's cars, I therefore made a specific enquiry about where bikes would be stored and they promised me that there would either be bike lockers or access-controlled video-monitored bike rooms (not bike cages that they ended up installing) or the option of fitting bikes in the storage lockers. The storage lockers are too small to fit some of my bikes and the bike cages are so low-security it is basically an invitation for a thief to come in and make their choice of bikes. The locks to the cages are the most slow-tech you can imagine. And the builders specifically marketed The Wade to cyclists by pointing out that it was perfectly situated to bike lanes and even had a tie-in to a bike shop which would have apparently given a discount to residents of The Wade.

#2491 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:10 PM

how many bikes you have City?

#2492 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:13 PM

How big is the gym room?

#2493 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:22 PM

All the developers know that bike owners will believe anything. Again was it in writing in the contract and did you bring it up as a deficiency before closing?

In truth, I feel bad when people dont get what was promised but it is pretty brutal out there with a lot of the condos. marketing to bike owners often is simply a reflection of lack of actual parking in a building.

#2494 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,867 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:25 PM

maybe it’s time to check in with Levi?
  • Barrrister likes this

#2495 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:31 PM

How big is the gym room?

It’s not that big, maybe like 15 feet by 30 feet? I’m probably off by a lot but it’s not huge

#2496 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:31 PM

All the developers know that bike owners will believe anything. Again was it in writing in the contract and did you bring it up as a deficiency before closing?

In truth, I feel bad when people dont get what was promised but it is pretty brutal out there with a lot of the condos. marketing to bike owners often is simply a reflection of lack of actual parking in a building.

There seems to be a lot of parking spots tbh, some condos even have two

#2497 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 04:38 PM

Moxuz, how many spots per condo? More condos or more spots. 

But that is not the issue. By the way if you have to chose between a exercise bike and a rowing machine go for the rowing machine, it exercises a far greater group of muscles.

• Moxuz likes this

#2498 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 05:03 PM

Moxuz, how many spots per condo? More condos or more spots.

But that is not the issue. By the way if you have to chose between a exercise bike and a rowing machine go for the rowing machine, it exercises a far greater group of muscles.

Definitely more condos, I think that’s pretty standard as a lot of condos are studios and didn’t come with parking.
I’d definitely like an exercise bike as it’s great cardio and less impact than treadmill or rowing. All of the above would be great lol

#2499 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 05:26 PM

How many stalls are in the building? 90-something, I think?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2500 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 05:34 PM

Actually, rowing is low impact according to my trainer and exercises 80% of the body muscles while providing good cardio. But do some research before deciding,

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users