BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#241 bingbongbrothers

bingbongbrothers
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

I see that the appliance list includes "Bloomberg" (I assume they mean 'Blomberg') stackable washer and dryer. Does this mean that there is no dryer vent-out? Those Blomberg units are typically ventless, which to be frank, is terrible news to me. Does anyone know? Blomberg does also make a vented dryer. 

#242 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

FWIW, the model in the display suite is DV17542 which is externally vented. I too would like to know.

#243 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

I see that the appliance list includes "Bloomberg" (I assume they mean 'Blomberg') stackable washer and dryer. Does this mean that there is no dryer vent-out? Those Blomberg units are typically ventless, which to be frank, is terrible news to me. Does anyone know? Blomberg does also make a vented dryer.

Ya it's a poor typo. That has not been fixed for months.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 23 July 2017 - 05:37 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#244 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

I am an out of town purchaser of a Wade unit.   I know they are renovating the old office building.  Have they started construction of the new building yet?  They are supposed to complete the project by December 2018.

#245 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I am an out of town purchaser of a Wade unit. I know they are renovating the old office building. Have they started construction of the new building yet? They are supposed to complete the project by December 2018.

Not yet...

#246 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

There's a back-up at City Hall right now with regards to development permits, which is affecting all developers in the region. I think they were expected to have their DP in-hand this week but it might not happen.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#247 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

There's a back-up at City Hall right now with regards to development permits...

If I were in charge I'd put a moratorium on pot shop licensing and direct city resources to getting development permits issued. It's not like licensing has any effect on the proliferation of those illegal businesses. Have any actually stopped operating since the "rules" came into effect?

#248 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

...and by region I should say City of Victoria.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#249 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

If I were in charge I'd put a moratorium on pot shop licensing and direct city resources to getting development permits issued. It's not like licensing has any effect on the proliferation of those illegal businesses. Have any actually stopped operating since the "rules" came into effect?

Amazing! You really can turn any post in any thread on VV into something to do with dispensary licensing. Impressive.

• VicHockeyFan, Rob Randall, Nparker and 1 other like this

#250 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

There's a back-up at City Hall right now with regards to development permits, which is affecting all developers in the region. I think they were expected to have their DP in-hand this week but it might not happen.

I believe you mean BP. They need a DP to start selling. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#251 bpetrie3

bpetrie3
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

I agree that the delays in issuing the building permit seem unacceptable .  So I phoned the building department for the City of Victoria.  They told me it normally takes 20 days to approve a building permit but it has to make the rounds to gain approval from different departments. And, she said, it is the summer so things move slower. The Wade applied for the building permit March 3rd. So they have been waiting 5 months not 20 days. And they applied before the summer holidays. I hope the information I received is somehow incorrect.  As it stands the City does not seem to respect the developer or the hundred or so purchasers who are hoping the Wade is built on time.

#252 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the clarification. That's much appreciated.

Know it all.

#253 TheInterior

TheInterior
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:44 AM

How does a building permit delay affect the outcome of the Wade development?

#254 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:15 AM

It doesn't affect much other than the occupancy date for purchasers.

Fortress, a project financier, has identified early August as the financing release date. They issue regular updates on the projects they finance and Wade's profile is here: https://fortressreal...ctoria-medical/

Know it all.

#255 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Interior demo'ing of the Medical Arts Building continues. My understanding is excavation on the new-build phase should be starting later this month.

The-Wade-July-31-2017.jpg

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#256 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

The groundbreaking for the new-build portion is slated to begin on Monday.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#257 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

The groundbreaking for the new-build portion is slated to begin on Monday.

Will you be there Mike to check out the location of your property, or is your purchase in the "old" section?

#258 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

Check on the location of the property? Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Know it all.

#259 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

Check on the location of the property? Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

The exact spot where your new home will rise.

#260 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Oh ok I getcha, yup, I'll be there to watch the first heaps of dirt get trucked away  :banana:

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)