BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1821 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:00 PM

One other note is that the elevators were smaller than standard ones but were more than sufficient for what I was moving in with. They were pretty laissez faire with allowing you to use the elevator. One other thing is one night there was a guy passed out (drunk?) on the street near the front door for an hour or so. That was a little eyebrow raising on trying to enter the building but it is downtown essentially and there are the social issues that exist and such things do happen.

#1822 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:07 PM

One other thing is one night there was a guy passed out (drunk?) on the street near the front door for an hour or so.

a couple of the wade housewarming parties have been real barn-burners i have heard.

#1823 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:08 PM

I find that there are some great U Tube videos for most appliances and that most manufacturers do have their manuals online.

#1824 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:10 PM

One other thing is one night there was a guy passed out (drunk?) on the street near the front door for an hour or so.

At this point, I think it's a feature more than a bug.

• kitty surprise likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1825 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:16 PM

...there was a guy passed out (drunk?) on the street near the front door for an hour or so. That was a little eyebrow raising on trying to enter the building but it is downtown essentially and there are the social issues that exist and such things do happen...

It is disheartening that we've reached a point where it's just accepted that downtown living comes with drunks passed out on your doorstep.  :whyme:

#1826 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:18 PM

a couple of the wade housewarming parties have been real barn-burners i have heard.

Even with no more than 6 people in attendance?  ;)

#1827 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 06:20 PM

One other note is that the elevators were smaller than standard ones but were more than sufficient for what I was moving in with. They were pretty laissez faire with allowing you to use the elevator. One other thing is one night there was a guy passed out (drunk?) on the street near the front door for an hour or so. That was a little eyebrow raising on trying to enter the building but it is downtown essentially and there are the social issues that exist and such things do happen.

The building does face Harris Green park which, in all frankness, is one of the few areas of the city I actively avoid going through.

#1828 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:14 PM

The druggie problem in the area is likely to get a lot worse over the next few years.

#1829 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:29 AM

The building does face Harris Green park which, in all frankness, is one of the few areas of the city I actively avoid going through.

Hm, I really like this area (lived here for 3 years in the past). If we’re saying living 2-3 blocks from a homeless shelter makes the area “bad” then just about all of downtown is “bad”. I think the park is really nice and I don’t generally see homeless folks in it

#1830 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:30 AM

The druggie problem in the area is likely to get a lot worse over the next few years.

Yeah, it’s really sad. Super high housing prices, lack of community support, people falling into poverty and taking drugs to escape. Hard to leave that life once you’re in it. Really awful.

#1831 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:22 AM

Looks like that YouTuber someone posted previously is taking some film in and out of the building. At least it looks like him.

#1832 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I just talked to the Interior designer regarding the south building and again I am veryyyyy disappointed. :mad:  

She said it is going to be ready sometime in April (in the last email, they had said the end of February or March) but she is not sure which day it is which she believes this the nature of construction.

For me as a person that works in this industry, this is like making excuses.
I can understand the delay in delivering and installing materials but not for 3 yearssssss. 

#1833 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:40 AM

What's going to be ready?

#1834 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:40 AM

What's going to be ready?

The south building 

#1835 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:05 PM

Oh, the whole building? I thought you were talking about towel bars or something.

#1836 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:21 PM

Oh, the whole building? I thought you were talking about towel bars or something.

I asked her about completion date for south building.

#1837 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:24 PM

Ah, I was so caught up in the move-in stories of the north residents I forgot the south buyers are still out in the cold. I wonder what specific item is the hold up.

#1838 Mary_s

Mary_s
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 12:41 PM

Ah, I was so caught up in the move-in stories of the north residents I forgot the south buyers are still out in the cold. I wonder what specific item is the hold up.

This time she said it is because of a delay in delivery of countertops.

But there is a different story every time.

#1839 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:43 PM

A friend of mine is re-doing a bathroom. He has waited 3 months, so far, to get faucets.

• sebberry likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1840 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 March 2021 - 10:24 PM

A friend of mine is re-doing a bathroom. He has waited 3 months, so far, to get faucets.

You'd think by now we'd have figured out how to get product flowing again with proper pandemic precautions but no, everything is backed up for miles.  I'm looking at a two+ month wait for some types of IT equipment for resale at work.

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)