BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1881 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:40 AM

Got it, thanks. Make sure you hit the flag icon to flag it.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1882 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:02 AM

We reported it this morning. Looks like it’s gone now.

• sebberry likes this

#1883 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the advice. We flagged the ad with our pictures this morning as well. 

#1884 Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:45 AM

$1,250 listing is going to have the pick of the litter, but no pets.

$1,600 listing is a broken link or already rented, but very average price-wise for a 1BR.

$1,850 faces into a courtyard, which makes it a bit of a tough sell, but it’s dog and cat friendly which is highly coveted among renters.

$1,900 is a show piece unit, best views of the lot, and allows dogs and cats. Will it get $1,900? Maybe. But $1,750-$1,800 hands down.

I would rather face the courtyard personally. Much more quiet, no views of traffic or the other joys of downtown living.

#1885 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:30 AM

Oh man, hard hard disagree on facing into the courtyard. Having people be able to look into my unit is a no from me. Also, the courtyard is going to be noisy in my opinion. Every balcony facing into it and people chilling down there. My unit faces onto Harris green park and I’m so happy, beautiful huge trees, giant park, complete privacy because of the trees and far from the road. Also pretty quiet. Plus even if buildings go up across the street nobody will be able to see in anyway. The salesperson tried to get me to buy a courtyard-facing unit and I was like haha no way.
Plus - I get to see so many dogs!!

Edited by Moxuz, 08 March 2021 - 10:35 AM.

• Rob Randall likes this

#1886 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,071 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:35 AM

Every balcony facing into it and people chilling down there.

nobody ever hangs out in the courtyard.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 March 2021 - 10:35 AM.

#1887 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 10:36 AM

nobody ever hangs out in the courtyard.

I had friends who lived in the Hudson building and they had to move because their courtyard unit was so noisy.

#1888 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:18 AM

Any other residents noticed that their kitchen cupboards smell.. rancid? The wood has a very strange smell to me.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1889 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:19 AM

Would someone who's moved into the north building be able to confirm whether or not the light switches are smart switches? I recall reading that somewhere, but can't find it now. Just wondering if I need to start looking at buying my own for my eventual move-in 1-12 months from now :1954_dancing:

All my switches are dimmers but that’s it

#1890 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:34 AM

I had friends who lived in the Hudson building and they had to move because their courtyard unit was so noisy.

Yeah, that was quite the thing.

Luckily here you’ve got fewer units and the space is larger, plus one end it not closed it. It’ll be less noisier but I totally understand the privacy issue when units are staring into each other.
  • Moxuz likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1891 electriclemmon

electriclemmon
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:12 PM

All my switches are dimmers but that’s it

I believe they are smart switches, but may require a bridge and app on your phone connected to your wifi network to get them to work. There was quick start guide left in one of my kitchen drawers for Caseta Wireless Lutron in-wall dimmers, but I didn't see a bridge anywhere.  https://www.casetawi...lsrc=aw.ds&?cb=

• Moxuz and scotto203 like this

#1892 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the advice. We flagged the ad with our pictures this morning as well. 

I think flagging just hides it from you. We went through their reporting email address and they deleted the ad. Makes sure you check on a different computer or browser to make sure they actually remove it.. 

Also, half an hour after Craigslist removed the ad it was reposted again. LOL. Friggin scammers. Looks like this will be a never ending game.

#1893 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:35 PM

I believe they are smart switches, but may require a bridge and app on your phone connected to your wifi network to get them to work. There was quick start guide left in one of my kitchen drawers for Caseta Wireless Lutron in-wall dimmers, but I didn't see a bridge anywhere.  https://www.casetawi...lsrc=aw.ds&?cb=

Odd that they don't give you the bridge.  Anyway, it connects to your router/modem via a network cable, it's not WiFi.  The bridge and switches communicate using Lutron's own wireless protocol avoiding WiFi and bluetooth altogether.  

• scotto203 likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1894 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:13 PM

Lol.. just found the Lutron bridge in my wire closet. Let’s get these setup. I was thinking of paying $600 for all philips Hue for my lights to be wifi connected so y’all just saved me hundreds.
  • Victoria Watcher and electriclemmon like this

#1895 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:18 PM

Lol.. just found the Lutron bridge in my wire closet. Let’s get these setup. I was thinking of paying $600 for all philips Hue for my lights to be wifi connected so y’all just saved me hundreds.

Hue is a great complement to Caseta.  In my place I have Caseta switches for my standard ceiling lights and Hue lights scattered around for accent lighting.  

If it's not obvious, you can't connect Hue bulbs to any base controlled by dimmer switches as they need to remain powered at all times.  

You might find some compatibility issues with some LEDs and Caseta switches causing flickering.  Lutron publishes a list of tested LED bulbs for use with the Caseta switches.

• Moxuz likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1896 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

Ahhh perfect. HomeKit compatible!!F91F12E5-3E72-4AED-A28A-3E9309BDC7D8.png
  • sebberry and Bruce Wayne like this

#1897 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

And no issue with my WiFi 6 router or WPA3 security which most smart stuff doesn’t support since the bridge is connected over Ethernet. Wooo!

Edited by Moxuz, 08 March 2021 - 02:31 PM.

#1898 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:34 PM

Probably my age but but all these remote control light switches in what is a tiny apartment seem like real overkill. One more thing to break. 

• Mike K., Nparker and LJ like this

#1899 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

As to the cupboard smell are the cupboards actually real wood? Look like some type of composite.

#1900 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:38 PM

Probably my age but but all these remote control light switches in what is a tiny apartment seem like real overkill. One more thing to break. 

It's your age.  It's a solid system.  

When you're too old and stiff to get to the light switch, it's really nice to ask Siri to turn down the lights or use the remote to turn them on so you can see the toilet at 3AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users