BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1161 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,238 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:00 PM

For some. Pulling weeds just makes me pissed off.

• sebberry likes this

#1162 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:38 PM

plant edible weeds?

#1163 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 02:48 PM

plant edible weeds?

You'd still have to pull them...unless you ate them straight out of the ground.

• sebberry likes this

#1164 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 10 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

Is there a BBQ area on the roof, or is it all gardening and bees with no place to eat and rest?

And I might as well come out of the closet (I think that's what the kids say nowadays) - but yes, that is me, Nikki in this picture looking over The Wade, except this time it was my owner taking the pictures..

https://www.instagra...d=113aimuf1d0py
  • sebberry likes this

#1165 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

I found a couple of recent Instagram posts of the roof from the Mondrian.. in the second pic are those individual gardening plots? Looks to be dozens!

Looks like a few things have already been planted too!

#1166 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:29 PM

Yes, there will be a sauna, a bbq area, a zen garden and hang out spaces.
  • Promontory Kingpin likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1167 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:34 PM

Yes, there will be a sauna, a bbq area, a zen garden and hang out spaces.

Will residents be allowed to hang out in the Zen garden and/or experience Zen in the hang out space?

#1168 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

Will residents be allowed to hang out in the Zen garden and/or experience Zen in the hang out space?

Not with the lunatics screaming at the top of their lungs from the streets below.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1169 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:46 PM

Is there a BBQ area on the roof, or is it all gardening and bees with no place to eat and rest?

And I might as well come out of the closet (I think that's what the kids say nowadays) - but yes, that is me, Nikki in this picture looking over The Wade, except this time it was my owner taking the pictures..

https://www.instagra...d=113aimuf1d0py

I always have to do a double-take when I see dogs in apartments.  I've been conditioned for years that the sky should automatically fall should that ever happen :D 

• zoomer likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1170 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 09:48 PM

My building has dozens of dogs. They even have their own Instagram page and they just had a costume contest for Halloween.

https://www.instagra...sof1008pandora/

• zoomer and sebberry like this

#1171 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:44 PM

^That is some dog friendly place, even saw a picture of the breed of my last dog - a Norwich.

• Brantastic likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1172 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 14 November 2020 - 03:09 PM

Hard to see any changes since last week, with the exception of a tiny bit more sidewalk on Johnson Street and a narrow strip of sidewalk along Cook (under tarp) and just poured sidewalk at the main entrance.

Unless there are objections from the paying customers, I might go to bi-weekly or monthly updates from now on.

Attached Images

• EF141469-426F-4868-821C-B58C9EFE43BB.jpeg
  • A233F77F-8CC2-4834-BCE9-68C8F144FD89.jpeg
  • BB37939F-AE55-4FEC-9961-D50355191E3D.jpeg

• Nparker and Promontory Kingpin like this

#1173 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:03 PM

Tenfold is releasing six held-back and unsold units ahead of completion, priced from $319,000. Two studios, two two-bedroom and two three-bedroom layouts are available. The residences will be professional staged. Three-units will include parking.

Developer's release: final six condominiums now for sale ahead of The Wade's completion

https://victoria.cit...des-completion/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1174 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:51 PM

"choice of a wildflower, vegetable, or herb planter managed on their behalf "

Does anyone know more about this? Does this mean we won't be able to plant veggies/herbs of our choice and use it like we might use a planter box?

#1175 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:23 PM

Jenny, I just double checked and it has been decided not to maintain them beyond the initial planting, as that makes far more sense over the long-term. The article has been updated accordingly.

• Jenny likes this

Know it all.

#1176 Jenny

Jenny
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:46 PM

Thanks mike! I hadn’t heard anything about it lately so was wondering. Thanks for looking into that, much appreciated!

Edited by Jenny, 16 November 2020 - 09:47 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

#1177 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 03:54 PM

Thanks for sharing that post and to all for keeping us updated with progress photos.  It states individuals will start to move in to the North building in early December.  We haven't heard from the developers in months - how will this be possible?  Does anyone know of more information with regards to timelines and how much notice they provide?

#1178 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:21 AM

I wonder what has prevented them from further progress in installing the remaining balcony panels

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 18 November 2020 - 05:21 AM.

#1179 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:01 AM

Thanks for sharing that post and to all for keeping us updated with progress photos. It states individuals will start to move in to the North building in early December. We haven't heard from the developers in months - how will this be possible? Does anyone know of more information with regards to timelines and how much notice they provide?

That’s what they said, yes. The first move-ins will occur in the north building. Is that where your unit is located?

Know it all.

#1180 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:35 AM

That’s what they said, yes. The first move-ins will occur in the north building. Is that where your unit is located?

Yes!  Just haven't been given any indication of when we would have a walk through or possession date.  So surprised to read this in the article, but hopeful.  Curious how their inspections have gone with the city that started in early October.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users