BUILT
The Wade
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1105 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Wade is a two-building, 102-unit mixed-use condominium and ground floor commercial development spanning th... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Wade on Citified.ca
Photo

The Wade | Condos; commercial | 5 and 4-storeys | Completed - built in 2021

• Please log in to reply
2514 replies to this topic

#1201 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:09 PM

They could start with...you know... finishing the sidewalks then. I've never seen a project move so slowly, especially in the home stretch. I would have expected sidewalks to be done weeks ago.

#1202 anonymous456

anonymous456
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:52 PM

it's likely they just can't get a straight answer from the city.  

but it's nearly impossible to time your move perfectly from a rental to a brand new building that requires an occupancy permit from the city.  the uncertainty should have been built into your plans.  paying one extra month of rent at your current place also comes with the nice relief of a slow leisurely move on your own schedule.   

As someone kindly previously posted In March they told us May, in May they told in July, in July they told us September.  And in September, they gave up guessing.  Then in last month's article they guessed early December.  Surely they would have known the sidewalks would take them 3 months?  How could we have anticipated February?  Honestly, if they communicated - "we have lots of key things, like fire safety systems and sidewalks that need to be completed, and unfortunately, despite us wishing sooner, it's looking like it's a year out".  

For those of us tracking along with buildings like Black and White the timelines seem preposterous here.

#1203 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:26 PM

It must be really frustrating. 

#1204 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:49 AM

North building update: walk-through starting next week, move-in expected early January.

“ The City is going to do a preliminary inspection on Tuesday December 15/20 and a final inspection on December 23/20. With the final occupancy inspection, we are confident that we will be granted our occupancy permit. Then, we can start turn overs of your suites! In the meantime, if you want to come in to see me before (as per above) we can get that stage done. Or, you can wait and we will do it once the occupancy permit is granted.”
  • Wadeowner and anonymous456 like this

#1205 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:51 AM

I will of course provide photos of my unit to you 😂
  • zoomer and Nparker like this

#1206 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

photos must be a certain standard. so you might need to upgrade your camera.

and lighting setup.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 10 December 2020 - 11:58 AM.

#1207 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:26 PM

If thats not a joke then I just wont post photos hah, easier for me.

#1208 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:30 PM

yes I am sorry. I’m just kidding around.
  • Moxuz likes this

#1209 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:33 PM

Moxuz, any word on the south building's completion? I assume February/March?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1210 Moxuz

Moxuz
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 01:25 PM

They provided no additional details on South, I know in the past they said 3-4 months after North. Maybe May?

#1211 aastra

aastra
  • 20,749 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:07 PM

If thats not a joke then I just wont post photos hah, easier for me.

Just click VV's calendar link and then select zoomer's name from the dropdown list and you should be able to book a time for him to come take photos for you. (but his hours are limited, 5:30am to 2:00am)

• zoomer likes this

#1212 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:38 PM

Word on the street is they’re tryna get occupancy in the south building for February (late Jan is in their window, but we all know that’s not going to happen) I can’t tell you where I received that information from, but I can guarantee you that if Mike fact checks it with the developer he will have no problem in confirming exactly what I’ve just let you folks know.

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 10 December 2020 - 02:43 PM.

#1213 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 03:41 PM

Ok great. That’s helpful. City timelines play into this and it can be touch and go at times.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1214 xPETEx

xPETEx
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:01 PM

I own a unit in each building, and only received an email from them about the North. Same email Moxuz posted.

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1215 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 10 December 2020 - 06:56 PM

Just click VV's calendar link and then select zoomer's name from the dropdown list and you should be able to book a time for him to come take photos for you. (but his hours are limited, 5:30am to 2:00am)

Unfortunately I haven’t been cleared to take interiors as my superior (Mike K) fears ulterior motives (me squatting). But I can take photos of the interior from the exterior and while prettier they’ll be inferior as I’m using a cellular phone. And just a wee bit off on my hours, it’s from 5:30 am to 5:32 a.m. Expect a weekend update, hoping to see all the sidewalks done - stay tuned for expectations vs. reality.
  • Promontory Kingpin likes this

#1216 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:19 PM

Like I told you, hand over the keys to your Range Rover, and you can go inside for 15 minutes.
  • zoomer likes this

Know it all.

#1217 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:35 PM

Zoomer, we are all looking forward to your weekend update. While you’re at it, can you snap a couple of shots of Vivid. Dkuitu walked off the job and we need you to take it over

#1218 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 10 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

Dkuitu has the best vantage though and some great shots. From street level I’m a little nervous about getting a shot to the head while taking the shot.. so if the pics are blurry and hurried I hope you’ll understand.
  • Mike K. likes this

#1219 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:09 PM

Dkuitu has the best vantage though and some great shots. From street level I’m a little nervous about getting a shot to the head while taking the shot.. so if the pics are blurry and hurried I hope you’ll understand.

That’s fine, we just need you in an acting role to take on additional duties for the time being. Just do your best and you’ll continue to make us proud. Plus, you’re going to get some OT out of this.

This is just temporary until we find someone who has current access to the 834 rooftop to step in. Dkuitu **** the bed on this one, but it’s only a matter of time before he comes running back looking for his position with some sort of a defensive style statement. At that time we may have to haul him in for a fact finding to see why he thought it was okay to abandon his job for such a long period of time.

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 11 December 2020 - 05:10 PM.

#1220 Wadeowner

Wadeowner
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:54 PM

Moxuz, did the information you got come as a reply to a request from them or was it a generic mail out of information. I also own in the north building and didn't get an email.

Thanks

• Moxuz likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users