BUILT
Oaks at Bellewood Park
Use: condo
Address: 1201 Fort Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (sub-penthouse, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den, junior 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Bellewood Park offers a unique opportunity to experience nature – a place from which one can engage with the... (view full profile)
Learn more about Oaks at Bellewood Park on Citified.ca
Photo

[Rockland] Oaks, Cypress and Townhomes at Bellewood Park | Condos, townhomes | 6 and 4-storeys | Built - completed in 2022

• Please log in to reply
522 replies to this topic

#441 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 11:31 AM

Abstract is now indicating on their project website that Bellewood is 70% sold.

Their client update last month also indicated that occupancy for units in the Cypress building would be available starting late May, and for units in the Oaks building in November.

Excavation for the last set of three townhouses appears complete, but some blasting may be required.

Flooring and cabinetry is being installed in the Oaks building. I believe they may be up to the fourth floor.

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#442 etherbuns

etherbuns
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 07:58 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the brick cladding? I generally love the use of brick, but the mottled look of this is a bit too busy for my tastes. They must have gotten some great deal on a bulk amount of it, since they previously used it on The Madison at the corner of Oak Bay and Richmond. It's ok on that building because its used in smaller blocks between white space, but this new build is a solid six story wall of it. I wish the had gone with something closer to what they were showing in the mock-up photos and with a uniform colour instead of mottled.

• Redd42 and Brantastic like this

#443 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:31 AM

Is anyone else bothered by the brick cladding? I generally love the use of brick, but the mottled look of this is a bit too busy for my tastes. They must have gotten some great deal on a bulk amount of it, since they previously used it on The Madison at the corner of Oak Bay and Richmond. It's ok on that building because its used in smaller blocks between white space, but this new build is a solid six story wall of it. I wish the had gone with something closer to what they were showing in the mock-up photos and with a uniform colour instead of mottled.

I agree with you. There was some variation in the renderings, but certainly not to the extent as built. Shades of grey is certainly not shades of brown.

Also, what's up with all the different trim finish colours? There is no consistency between fascia, wall panels, windows, balcony railings, balcony faces (gold - to come), exterior doors, etc.. Isn't AI the kind of thing that architects have sleepless nights over? It's a hodge podge.

Perhaps they defaulted to a brick colour that was more cost effective and then scrambled to coordinate trim colours, or perhaps they thought the grey colour was too institutional?

It is what it is now.

Attached Images

• 14_03_21_Bellewood_1.jpg

#444 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,672 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:35 AM

At least no one can accuse the developer of defaulting to standard CoV red brick.

#445 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 11:46 AM

At least no one can accuse the developer of defaulting to standard CoV red brick.

That would require some kind of heritage approval, since it could be considered appropriation of provenance.

:1954_dancing:

• Nparker likes this

#446 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 04:03 PM

The brick is simply god awful but that may be representative of other parts of the build. 

#447 Torrontes

Torrontes
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 05:01 PM

The brick is simply god awful but that may be representative of other parts of the build. 

Your repeated allegations with no specifics are getting very tiresome. Are you a neighbour pissed off with the project perchance?

#448 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 05:39 PM

Looks like a pair of camo pants,lol. 

• Matt R. and Barrrister like this

#449 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 07:29 PM

Looks like a pair of camo pants,lol. 

The building is so ugly it is trying to become invisible.

• Nparker and Barrrister like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#450 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 07:34 PM

that is pretty awful.  as the brick was being installed wasn't there an emergency shut-off button?

38087-2549713.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 March 2021 - 07:35 PM.

• Barrrister likes this

#451 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 07:36 PM

Not a neighbour but I have driven by it repeatedly. You on the other hand are rather a bore. Or perhaps you bought or have some financial interest.

#452 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:05 PM

Once it develops a bit of a weathered look/patina it will look good. Brick tends to weather quite nicely and tones down after a while.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#453 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:22 AM

Mike you are right that brick weathers but you are talking years if not decades with this type of contrast. As it stands it might shave a bit off the resale value even in this hot market.

#454 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 07:25 AM

most people do not give a flip about the outside appearance of their building.

the only time it might bring down value is if it looks cheap or old.
  • Rob Randall likes this

#455 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

VW: We can agree to disagree. I think the impression of the outside of a building does have a small impact on the price. We agree that the inside of the unit is more important although the view out your window also counts. My wife's initial reaction of "that looks like crap" does perhaps have some minor bearing on marketability overall. 

The problem today is that there is simply a lot more gravity than when I was twenty.

#456 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:16 AM

I'm not sure about the alternate universe where brick "tones down" after a while. I've seen 2,000 year old brick that looked like new. It will always look like that but it's fine. Better crazy than boring I always say.

It does look like the infamous Universal Camouflage Pattern.

#457 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 08:19 AM

The camo look may be part of the enhanced safety features...see Mike, it's catching on.

• Victoria Watcher likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#458 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:57 AM

I guess I'm the only one that actually likes the way it looks...
  • aastra likes this

#459 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

Rusty: I urge you to buy one. 

#460 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 11:54 AM

Rusty: I urge you to buy one.

Too late, already bought in the Vivid at the Yates, albeit that is another building whose exterior appearance turned out to be disappointing (a sentiment I agree with).

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users