PROPOSED
937 View Street
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 937 View Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 19
937 View Street is a proposal to build an 19-storey rental complex in the City of Victoria's Harris Green neig... (view full profile)
Learn more about 937 View Street on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 937 View Street | Rentals | 15-storeys | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 63,203 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:15 PM

Is the unit count the same, Kapten, at 267?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#102 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:51 PM

It's a bit better but I just don't think anything of that scale is going to work well for that site. I'd wish to see land consolidation with either the Fort Street property behind it or the properties at the View/Vancouver corner so that the tower portion can be moved farther away from View Towers. View Towers is already a giant wall and both this and the previous proposal would effectively widen that wall. Even in Vancouver, I can't really find many examples of two 15+ storey residential buildings so close together, especially that wide. There's always a bit of breathing room between towers.

It's hard to figure out the materials from the rendering. Is that wood panelling? 

#103 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 03:55 PM

Is the unit count the same, Kapten, at 267?

They reduced it by (1) to 266 units …
  • Mike K. likes this

#104 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 63,203 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

It looks like it's a floor higher, too? At 19 compared to 18? Did I count the floors right?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#105 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:15 PM

Mike- you’re correct, the official plans show 19 storeys now, and I presume they added a floor to help (mostly) maintain unit count while providing the articulation and setbacks seen at the lower levels.

Brantastic: the proponent has listed the new exterior materials in his letter here: https://tender.victo...809111720510000
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#106 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,961 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for sharing KK. Big improvement, but could still use some refinement. It's starting to have an Art Deco vibe. Wouldn't mind seeing trend a bit more in this direction.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#107 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 63,203 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:50 PM

What I think would be very helpful is a realistic rendering depicting the patina of the exterior materials. I like where this is going, though.

• zoomer and Kapten Kapsell like this

Know it all.

#108 Vin

Vin
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 03:01 PM

I like the symmetrical look of the second proposal, although the frontage is way too flat. If only they can merge the 2nd and 3rd proposals, that would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users