The Victoria crime thread

• Please log in to reply
21586 replies to this topic

#9701 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:27 PM

Multiple victim stabbing at Centennial Square. Whole area is surrounded by police. Suspect described as a while male wearing a black hat, dark grey sweater and riding a BMX bike. Possibly last seen on the Galloping Goose heading towards the trestle.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9702 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

:whyme:

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9703 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

Wow really seems to be the place for stabbings this year

#9704 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:44 PM

Could be up to three victims. The entire square has been cordoned off. Police are concentrating on the bathroom at the square.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9705 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Now there's a fist fight on a transit bus. Sheesh.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#9706 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:32 AM

Yes we have a bit of video. Centennial Square is a definite hell hike these days. Hope the kids love those temporary or orcas.
  • RFS likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9707 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:47 AM

It was mayhem last night but the police did what they do really well. It sounded like the stabbing occurred in the bathroom.

Is it time to tell the mayor and council that enough is enough? This criminality is happening in front of city hall and the dvba office. This should be the safest, most welcoming area.
  • Nparker, sebberry and Midnightly like this

Know it all.

#9708 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Let’s call a snap protest for this afternoon to take back the Square.

Say... 4:20pm?
  • Nparker and jasmineshinga like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9709 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:04 AM

That sounds like a great time.

Know it all.

#9710 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:06 AM

Let’s call a snap protest for this afternoon to take back the Square. Say... 4:20pm?

That's the sad reality; unless you're stoned out of your mind, why would anyone spend time in Centennial Square?

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#9711 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

My mom’s neighbour returned to her home at 3PM yesterday to find her shed had been broken into and several thousand dollars worth of landscaping equipment stolen. This would have happened between the hours of 11 and 3PM.

They smashed a window to unlock the shed door from inside.

Know it all.

#9712 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

That's disappointing about the break-in. I don't trust "no one at no time".

#9713 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

That's disappointing about the break-in. I don't trust "no one at no time".

That's a double-negative though.  It means you do trust someone at some time.

Black and White:

IMG_1670.jpg

• Nparker likes this

#9714 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

It was mayhem last night but the police did what they do really well. It sounded like the stabbing occurred in the bathroom.

Is it time to tell the mayor and council that enough is enough? This criminality is happening in front of city hall and the dvba office. This should be the safest, most welcoming area.

Well all the mayhem and violence plays into VicPDs demand for more money and officers.

#9715 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

Multiple victim stabbing at Centennial Square. Whole area is surrounded by police. Suspect described as a while male wearing a black hat, dark grey sweater and riding a BMX bike. Possibly last seen on the Galloping Goose heading towards the trestle.

What's with the police giving you a bit of a spanking on twitter?

#9716 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

VicPD’s version of events (as reported by CFAX) is downplaying last night’s mayhem as an “assault with a weapon” with “non life-threatening injuries.”

• jonny likes this

Know it all.

#9717 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

VicPD’s version of events (as reported by CFAX) is downplaying last night’s mayhem as an “assault with a weapon” with “non life-threatening injuries.”

Well we know from whom the VicPD gets their marching orders, don't we?

• A Girl is No one likes this

#9718 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

^Police are specifically saying VV's reported description of the suspect is incorrect but they are not giving any further clarification.

#9719 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

It's all fabrication vs. design again.

VicPD thinks Mike is fabricating information, Mike thinks VicPD is designing their releases to minimize the seriousness.

#9720 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:48 AM

^Police are specifically saying VV's reported description of the suspect is incorrect but they are not giving any further clarification.

Do they think getting the description right within 48 or 72 hours will help with a speedy apprehension of a suspect?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1), pontcanna