• Please log in to reply
21590 replies to this topic

#12921 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:25 PM

obhh.JPG

https://www.facebook...60827174312583/

Edited by Rob Randall, 12 August 2020 - 08:26 PM.

#12922 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

Do we know the man’s condition? Seeing as this was the Oak Bay Avenue location, that’s VicPD’s turf. We should get a release from them while OBPD tries to crack a joke on Twitter.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12923 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

I understand the man has five stitches but his biggest worry right now is his wife's reaction to him deciding to confront a violent shoplifter.

#12924 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:00 PM

Holy smokes.

Those are solid images with good detail. Usually surveillance footage isn’t that good.

Think the owners would like us to share the images?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12925 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:05 PM

She notes on Facebook that the suspects have been identified, and VIcPD apparently are aware of the ID's.

• GaryRanson and pennymurphy2000 like this

#12926 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:12 PM

Aha, ok.

Know it all.

#12927 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:16 PM

The shoplifters are not wearing masks even though they are practically mandatory. And he's wearing a very distinctive cap. This is not Ocean's Eleven.

• Victoria Watcher and Teardrop like this

#12928 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:46 AM

Robbery leads to assault, leads to barricaded suspect.

From VicPD:

Victoria, BC – Traffic is disrupted in the 2300-block of Cook Street as Patrol officers and the Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team (GVERT) work to safely resolve an ongoing barricade incident this morning.

At approximately 7:45 a.m. on August 13th, Patrol officers attended to a multi-unit residential building in the 2300-block of Cook Street for a report of a robbery. On scene the officers learned that the victim was assaulted with a weapon and suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The man was transported to hospital.

Persons believed to be suspects in the incident have barricaded themselves inside a suite in the building.

Officers including GVERT Crisis Negotiators are now working to take them into custody safely.

We will provide updates as further information is available. For the most timely information, please check our Twitter account: https://twitter.com/vicpdcanada.

Know it all.

#12929 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:53 AM

Strange days indeed.

#12930 GetLisaSomeHelps

GetLisaSomeHelps
  • 407 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:05 AM

The building on the corner of Cook/Queens? 

Tres sketchy.

#12931 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:11 AM

i think it's the one closer to empress.  other side of cook.  somewhat sketchy too i guess.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 August 2020 - 10:12 AM.

#12932 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:10 PM

More info on the assault at the hardware store. Suspect not identified and victim sounds like he was badly hurt.

🔺🚔Oak Bay Avenue assault leaves victim with life-altering injuries🚔🔺

From VicPD:

Victoria, BC – Patrol officers are asking for your help as they work to identify and locate a suspect who assaulted a store employee yesterday during a daytime theft, leaving the employee with potentially life-altering injuries.

Officers were called to a retail store in the 1900-block of Oak Bay Avenue for a report that a man had been assaulted. When they arrive they located the victim suffering from non-life-threatening, but potentially life-altering injuries and being tended to by bystanders. The man was transported to hospital for treatment.

Witnesses reported that the man, who was a store employee, intervened when the suspect attempted to steal items from the store. The suspect then assaulted the employee and fled. A second victim was also assaulted during the struggle, but did not require immediate medical attention.

The suspect is described as a Caucasian man wearing a black ball cap with yellow rim, a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey with the number 7 on the jersey, grey baggy jeans and black sneakers with white soles. The man left the area accompanied by a woman and may have gotten into a taxi to leave the scene.

This file remains under active investigation.

If you recognize this suspect, or have information about this incident and have not yet spoken to officers, please call our non-emergency line at (250) 995-7654 and press 1 for the Report Desk. To report what you know anonymously, please call Greater Victoria Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Know it all.

#12933 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:17 PM

Isn't this the second time this week a suspect was wearing a sports jersey? Isn't the sole purpose of a football jersey to identify a person at a long distance?

I hope the store owner heals quickly and permanently. No amount of merchandise is worth a brain injury.

#12934 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:56 PM

That Oak Bay Avenue thing is scary and dreadful. I was just at an appt. along that stretch about an hour earlier and was parked right across from there.

Oh and that snake......very close! I won't want to leave the house pretty soon.

#12935 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

Isn't this the second time this week a suspect was wearing a sports jersey? Isn't the sole purpose of a football jersey to identify a person at a long distance?

indeed.

#12936 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

Posted a minute ago on vicpd twitter

UPDATE | GVERT officers just deployed a second loud distraction device in the 2300-block of Cook St. Another loud bang was heard in the area. We continue to work to resolve the situation safely. 

#12937 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:39 PM

i think it's the one closer to empress.  other side of cook.  somewhat sketchy too i guess.

yes it's the one on the west side.

https://www.timescol...ault-1.24185799

#12938 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:50 PM

This is quite the day long event.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#12939 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:01 PM

I see that VicPD’s Pontiac Aztec gets a lot of use.
  • sebberry, Matt R., Lorenzo and 2 others like this

Know it all.

#12940 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:10 PM

I see that VicPD’s Pontiac Aztec gets a lot of use.

That really sums up the state of things in Victoria these days doesn't it?

• Mike K., pennymurphy2000, rmpeers and 1 other like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users