BUILT
The Pearl Residences
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 1628 Store Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR)
Sales status: now selling
The Pearl Residences is an eight-storey condominium proposal situated along the 1600-block of Store Street in ... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Pearl Residences on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] The Pearl Residences | Condos; commercial | 8-storeys | Built completed in 2023

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#401 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:29 PM

It appears to be approaching full height on the waterfront side. Some catching up to do on the Store Street portion though.

#402 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:41 PM

Wow - this project goes back to VHF days!

• Matt R. likes this

#403 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 06:53 AM

Any updated completion predictions?

Now I wonder, what exactly was it about the Wade project that brought out a litany of accounts making up fake stories about the project because of its delays, but not a peep about delays in this thread? Who was being sent to misinform the public about the Wade, and why?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#404 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:33 AM

Now I wonder, what exactly was it about the Wade project that brought out a litany of accounts making up fake stories about the project because of its delays, but not a peep about delays in this thread? Who was being sent to misinform the public about the Wade, and why?

Oh, probably because someone let it slip that he bought a unit there?  :teacher:  :banana:

#405 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 07:52 AM

It was quite the thing, wasn't it? Account after account bashing the developer, the project, making up stories, claiming 'workers' said this or that, questioning the professionalism of suppliers, and so on.

It was shameful.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#406 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:33 AM

It wasn't quite that bad, from my perspective. Your perspective was coloured.

• Matt R. likes this

#407 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:51 AM

You didn’t see the heaps of content we had to delete, that was libellous, defamatory and could have landed us in hot water for hosting such garbage. Whatever you saw was the clean stuff, and it was still uncalled for.

I know who the individuals behind the posts were. They thought they were being sneaky. The question I have is who sent them, and why.

One day I’ll see them in person and ask. COVID got a bit in the way for two years, but we’ll eventually rub shoulders in person.
  • Matt R. and lanforod like this

Know it all.

#408 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 09:59 AM

Thats interesting and what do you figure was the motive behind this campaign?

#409 n_eclipse

n_eclipse
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:00 AM

I was told Spring 2023 but we all know how construction goes.

• Mike K. likes this

#410 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:02 AM

I don’t know today, but eventually I’ll find out.

Know it all.

#411 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:07 AM

2022, now up to June 2023 (still spring 2023). I pegged it as early 2024 as per the quote below.

The marketing team said in 2019 it would be completed in 2022, but can this be delivered by late 2023? That feels a little tight.

Know it all.

#412 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 10:11 AM

June 2023 seems a reasonable completion date for The Pearl based on the current status of construction.

#413 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 08 August 2022 - 12:59 PM

I don’t know today, but eventually I’ll find out.

That's easy: Money.

#414 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 01:28 PM

Or young smart-alecks who thought they were being cool.

Know it all.

#415 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:20 PM

The Pearl was delayed to start but it seems to be making okay headway since actually starting? 

• Nparker likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#416 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 05:21 PM

The Pearl was delayed to start but it seems to be making okay headway since actually starting? 

When is your next round of photos?

#417 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 08 August 2022 - 08:55 PM

As somebody somewhere once said, some people will be pigs even when you throw them a Pearl Residence.

#418 corvus

corvus
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:33 AM

I was at Tug yesterday and took a look from the waterfront. Bit of a strange place to put a staircase - those stairs have a million dollar view. Anyone know what's up with that?

#419 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 09:51 AM

I plan to be at Tug on Friday. I will try and take some pictures then.

#420 scotto203

scotto203
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 09:12 AM

Depending on your definition of "complete", the Pearl might still beat the Wade, seeing as we're still waiting on amenities like the sauna to actually get built  :1954_dancing:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users