UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Fifteen88
Use: condo
Address: 1588 North Dairy Road
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 4
Condo units: 62 (1BR, 2BR, 2BR + den, junior 1BR, junior 2BR)
Sales status: pre-sales
With its striking architecture, contemporary living spaces and close access to everything you love about Victo... (view full profile)
Learn more about Fifteen88 on Citified.ca      Official website: fifteen88.com
Photo

[Saanich] Fifteen88 | Condos | 4-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

Western half is almost done the 4th floor. Eastern half hasn't started framing yet - assuming this will get going once the western portion tops out.

#22 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

June 25

Fifteen88-June-25-2019.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

February 12

Profile: https://victoria.cit...road-fifteen88/

Fifteen88-February-12-2020a.jpg

Fifteen88-February-12-2020b.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#24 Nparker

Nparker
  • 24,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:25 AM

I am still not sure what I think about the aesthetics of this project. It seems like there is a lot going on with the cladding materials in a relatively small space.  Perhaps if the brickwork had emphasized the vertical rather than the horizontal I might find it more appealing. That being said, the quality of the materials chosen seems decent.

Regardless of the above, this building should have been 6 floors in height. 4 floors seems under-scaled in terms of accommodating the future population of this area.

• MarkoJ and jasmineshinga like this

#25 aastra

aastra
  • 15,416 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

Methinks it's pretty good for what it is and for the location. As per usual I think more distinctive windows and an additional level on top (set back a bit, maybe with a slightly higher ceiling) would be an improvement.

#26 Nparker

Nparker
  • 24,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

...an additional level on top (set back a bit, maybe with a slightly higher ceiling) would be an improvement.

Yes, because it would be terrible if monstrously tall 5-storey buildings actually appeared to be 5-storeys tall.

#27 aastra

aastra
  • 15,416 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:14 PM

I just think it looks better when the top level is set back a bit or otherwise distinguished enough to suggest a deliberate completion of the building's design. Adding more stories would = a taller/larger building, no argument, but if those additional levels are exactly the same style as the levels below then you'll still have that unresolved appearance.

#28 Nparker

Nparker
  • 24,820 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:25 PM

... if those additional levels are exactly the same style as the levels below then you'll still have that unresolved appearance.

I suspected the "unresolved appearance" was what you were likely getting at regarding having a top floor setback. I agree that something should be done to finish off or set apart the upper most level of a building. I'd love to see ornate cornices make a comeback, especially on short buildings like Fifteen88.

cornice.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users