Photo

City of Victoria | 2022 municipal election + REGIONAL election night discussion/results

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3079 replies to this topic

#2281 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 11:34 AM

Ok simmer down folks.
  • martini and dasmo like this

#2282 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 11:59 AM

Good. I find it is pointless arguing with someone who spreads misinformation about others without proof. 

I'm not putting his posts in this thread. I have no idea how someone's own posts can be declared misinformation.

I stand my my original response to JohnsonStBridge. 

#2283 Will

Will
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:10 PM

Susan Kim is for daytime camping in parks...would be curious if any of the other together victoria 2.0 folks support that as well.  Anybody know?

#2284 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,778 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:18 PM

Susan Kim is TV in all but name. The CoV has tried this. It failed. Time for a new approach to local governance.

• mbjj and jrm like this

#2285 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,501 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:23 PM

I have no idea how someone's own posts can be declared misinformation.

You are actually sharing your opinion not someone elses posts as you stated yourself. You are also not saying it is your opinion but stating it like it is a fact. So how can we judge without seeing what he actually posted? If in fact he does not have the ideals of a fascist right-wing extremist like you were insinuating then it is misinformation.  

Edited by dasmo, 04 October 2022 - 12:23 PM.

#2286 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:24 PM

Susan Kim is for daytime camping in parks...would be curious if any of the other together victoria 2.0 folks support that as well.  Anybody know?

We all know Isitt's stance on that particular topic

#2287 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,079 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:25 PM

Right. He is for daytime camping except at the park near his daughter’s home.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 04 October 2022 - 12:26 PM.

• Nparker, martini, dasmo and 1 other like this

#2288 JohnsonStBridge

JohnsonStBridge
  • 342 posts
  • LocationInner Harbour

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:55 PM

Every one of those candidates has a hard line on homeless camps. Who among them wants homeless encampments in Victoria?

Why shouldn’t Victoria cut $27 million in City spending? If we can cut the bloat, why not? Most households are doing it as costs rise. Maybe a municipal government should consider austerity as well, and not rely on more taxation.

I can’t speak for all of VIVA because I am only familiar with Parenteau, who has talked reasonable sense on a number of issues. I’m glad Dasmo linked his page, as I was not aware of him before.

The Better Victoria group wasn't basing its endorsement on reducing taxation, it was basing its endorsement on the criteria I listed and Parenteau's platform is weak on. He didn't fit their values and its not a big surprise.

Edited by JohnsonStBridge, 04 October 2022 - 12:56 PM.

#2289 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:55 PM

You are actually sharing your opinion not someone elses posts as you stated yourself. You are also not saying it is your opinion but stating it like it is a fact. So how can we judge without seeing what he actually posted? If in fact he does not have the ideals of a fascist right-wing extremist like you were insinuating then it is misinformation.  

I'm honestly trying to take Sparky's advice, but you just won't let go. 

It was clearly my OPINION.

I never stated HE was anything but connected by 'association'.

(My perception of the exchange)

I never stated any FACT. 

I don't know if I'm having trouble communicating or you're reading

farther into my post than was ever intended. 

This is an exhausting exercise in futility. Maybe you've had too much caffeine today. IDK. 

I'm not dropping screenshots in here to satisfy whatever you think you've sunk your teeth into.  

Which you're essentially asking me to 'pop in' and 'defame' a candidate. Just SMDH

This is a taste of VIVA and PPC (edited typo)

https://www.capitald...-board-election

Edited by martini, 04 October 2022 - 02:32 PM.

#2290 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:34 PM

I'm honestly trying to take Sparky's advice, but you just won't let go. 
It was clearly my OPINION.
I never stated HE was anything but connected by 'association'.
(My perception of the exchange)
I never stated any FACT. 
I don't know if I'm having trouble communicating or you're reading
farther into my post than was ever intended. 
This is an exhausting exercise in futility. Maybe you've had too much caffeine today. IDK. 

I'm not dropping screenshots in here to satisfy whatever you think you've sunk your teeth into.  
Which you're essentially asking me to 'pop in' and 'defame' a candidate. Just SMDH

This is a taste of VIVA and CPP
https://www.capitald...-board-election

This is not journalism it's activism disguised as journalism. I guess you could call it Soviet journalism.
  • dasmo likes this

#2291 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,501 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:36 PM

I would also seriously question a candidate who would defend Proud Boys and Gavin McInnes. Pretty sure Proud Boys was deemed a terrorist organization. Albeit this was five years ago, but the posts are still up on FB. 

You said you didn't understand so I clarified. It wasn't clear you were talking opinion since you said he defended Proud Boys and Gavin McInnes and insinuated he is linked to a terrorist organization. You said the posts are still up on FB.  So back it up by linking to them.

Edited by dasmo, 04 October 2022 - 01:38 PM.

#2292 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 01:59 PM

The Better Victoria group wasn't basing its endorsement on reducing taxation, it was basing its endorsement on the criteria I listed and Parenteau's platform is weak on. He didn't fit their values and its not a big surprise.

Fair enough, it was just a suggestion, since the last endorsement didn't seem to fit in with the rest, I thought. No list of eight candidates is going to be 100% on point.

• JohnsonStBridge likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2293 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:23 PM

You said you didn't understand so I clarified. It wasn't clear you were talking opinion since you said he defended Proud Boys and Gavin McInnes and insinuated he is linked to a terrorist organization. You said the posts are still up on FB.  So back it up by linking to them.

For God sake man. You are the one creating the terrorist insinuation. It was not officially deemed such until 2021.

Not at the time of the posts five years ago. To me it was an important point to add if no one was aware of the group. 

Someone posting does not equate to or being a terrorist. (I question how they got there)

So my point was a failed attempt to dog whistle. You turned it into a bull horn.

That's drawn way more attention to this than my initial post.

I hardly think that's helpful to someone you apparently are supporting.

If I wasn't posting screenshots in this forum, why would I link to my FB? 

No one has bothered to DM me for them. So can't be that important. 

I've only ever blocked one person on VV. I'm bordering on two. 

I just remembered why I'm not here much anymore. 

#2294 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,079 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:27 PM

Gavin McInnes is no terrorist lol. He’s hilarious.

#2295 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:29 PM

Are we talking about the co-creator or co-founder of Vice News? Some people think he's a terrorist?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2296 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,501 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:50 PM

For God sake man. You are the one creating the terrorist insinuation. It was not officially deemed such until 2021.

Not at the time of the posts five years ago. To me it was an important point to add if no one was aware of the group. 

Someone posting does not equate to or being a terrorist. (I question how they got there)

So my point was a failed attempt to dog whistle. You turned it into a bull horn.

That's drawn way more attention to this than my initial post.

I hardly think that's helpful to someone you apparently are supporting.

If I wasn't posting screenshots in this forum, why would I link to my FB? 

No one has bothered to DM me for them. So can't be that important. 

I've only ever blocked one person on VV. I'm bordering on two. 

I just remembered why I'm not here much anymore. 

Fair enough. You didn't know that your dog whistle is excruciating to those with acute hearing. I was pointing it out. You could also take this and grow from it.... I don't think you are a bad person. I can tell you are comming from a good place. I also don't like bad people who want to do bad things. So we are probably much alike.

If you insinuate someone is a bad person it's only fair to provide proof if you are raising the alarm bells. That is all. You can't see that? 

Edited by dasmo, 04 October 2022 - 03:50 PM.

#2297 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,501 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:52 PM

Gavin McInnes is no terrorist lol. He’s hilarious.

You are obviously far-right. I had never heard of him. 

#2298 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,079 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:55 PM

Watch a few of his videos. He’s great.

#2299 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,778 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:56 PM

Gavin McInnes is no terrorist...

You are obviously far-right. I had never heard of him. 

And I had no idea he is running for CoV council.

#2300 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 04:28 PM

Parenteau says a business owner sent him a video this morning of a man being assaulted in what looks like the 900-block of Pandora. He was subsequently stabbed, he claims: https://twitter.com/...lFf-fliTEUv5fKQ

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users