Photo

City of Victoria | 2018-2022 | Mayor and council general discussion

• Please log in to reply
11779 replies to this topic

#2441 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

Do they have any town halls scheduled to discuss street maintenance and keeping property tax increases low?

• sebberry and A Girl is No one like this

#2442 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:08 AM

Do they have any town halls scheduled to discuss street maintenance and keeping property tax increases low?

Sort of? There's one tomorrow with no agenda. https://www.victoria.../town-hall.html

#2443 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:17 PM

As much as I dislike the CoV's mayor, given a choice between Comrade Ben having the upper hand and Her Wor$e$hip, I'll have to go with the latter. Oh man, what a sad comment on the current state of affairs in my city this is. :whyme:

I totally agree - and it hurts
  • Nparker, Love the rock and mbjj like this

#2444 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

Sort of? There's one tomorrow with no agenda. https://www.victoria.../town-hall.html

I think I might just have to wander by and check this out...

• AndrewReeve likes this

#2445 exc911ence

exc911ence
  • 757 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

Isitt stirring up sh!t again.

https://vancouverisl...er&_gsc=6bJVS8Q

#2446 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:04 PM

Imagine making a motion like this on the 75th anniversary of D-Day. There are a lot of asshats in this world but Isitt has got to be one of the asshattiest.

• rjag, kjf, jonny and 3 others like this

#2447 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

Imagine making a motion like this on the 75th anniversary of D-Day. There are a lot of asshats in this world but Isitt has got to be one of the asshattiest.

Lol! I think people have forgotten about his previous comments regarding our vets. People are steaming mad about this one
  • Nparker likes this

#2448 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

What’s the agenda here? This seems so unnecessary.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2449 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:20 PM

Can we ship this POS to Kandahar

#2450 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

I know many of you are upset and angered by the councillor’s motion, but I’d like to ask everyone to maintain decorum and discuss the issue without resorting to swearing.

There’s enough foul language in our society as is. Let’s keep this place, at least, clean of it.
  • A Girl is No one likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2451 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

Isitt stirring up sh!t again.

https://vancouverisl...er&_gsc=6bJVS8Q

...well, these four stooges voted for the motion...

• The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

#2452 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:27 PM

Alto?

Oh my.
  • sebberry likes this

Know it all.

#2453 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

<p>

...well, these four stooges voted for the motion...

• The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

Lisa Helps: shocking me every step of the way

#2454 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:35 PM

...the text of my email to mayor and Council...  mayorandcouncil@victoria.ca

I have come to expect this kind of idiocy from Ben Isitt - but the four councillors supprorting this motion should be ashamed!

The amendment read: "That Council direct staff to engage DND/Veterans Affairs Canada officials to seek to recover costs associated with military events in the City."

"Those entities have substantially greater resources," Isitt told council. "I think responsibility for military commemoration and honouring veterans is more properly the responsibility of those federal agencies."

The motion was carried with the support of councillors Laurel Collins, Sara Potts, Jeremy Loveday and Marianne Alto.

#2455 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Can anyone find the "full disclosure" "Ban the Snowbirds" from Issit when they were performing here?  I am trying to find the link but should have saved it.  It says a lot.

I think Issit is getting fed up with years of "compromising".  He has a council that is on step with him.  It's now or never. 

• Nparker likes this

#2456 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:57 PM

Can anyone find the "full disclosure" "Ban the Snowbirds" from Issit when they were performing here?  I am trying to find the link but should have saved it.  It says a lot.

I think Issit is getting fed up with years of "compromising".  He has a council that is on step with him.  It's now or never. 

https://www.facebook...29241830422487/

https://vancouverisl...front-1.2515513

#2457 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

Perhaps rather than billing DND we can bill Ben Isitt whenever he opens his mouth? Lets face it we are all collectively left a little dumber each time he opens that gaping maw and we are forced to either hear or read his vile words.

Too bad its 75 years too late and we can't march his sorry Marxist a** directly in front of a German Tiger tank, a towed .88 field gun or an MG42 machine gun - not that he remotely has the guts or courage to ever be compared to the men who actually did and who died for the freedoms der Komrade apparently so blithely takes for granted.

Cowards all of them - Isitt and whichever tiny enfeebled minds on that left wing nest of vipers that supported this moronic, infantile and utterly wrong headed proposal. Fug each and every one of them.....

• Nparker, rjag, LJ and 3 others like this

#2458 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

If he gets his name in the media, no matter for what reason, then it's mission accomplished: his name recognition factor increases yet again.

And like it or not name recognition is a huge thing when it comes to getting (re-)elected.

#2459 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

Imagine making a motion like this on the 75th anniversary of D-Day. There are a lot of asshats in this world but Isitt has got to be one of the asshattiest.

I fear there is no low he wouldn't stoop to, no one he wouldn't offend, in order to grab a headline and some attention for himself. Maybe he feels threatened by all the attention paid to the vets, ie, people with actual courage.
  • mbjj likes this

#2460 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 658 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

I fear there is no low he wouldn't stoop to, no one he wouldn't offend, in order to grab a headline and some attention for himself. Maybe he feels threatened by all the attention paid to the vets, ie, people with actual courage.

It doesn’t make sense though... if he’s doing this to grab headlines - why does he hide from the media?

I honestly think he just doesn’t have a lot of common sense
  • jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users