PROPOSED
Harris Green Village, tower 1
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 900-block of Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 32
Harris Green Village, tower 1 is a proposal for a 32-storey mixed-use purpose-built rental tower with ground f... (view full profile)
Learn more about Harris Green Village, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Harris Green] Harris Green Village & Harris Victoria Chrysler/Dodge redevelopment | Multi-phased; mixed-use | Proposed

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#881 spanky123

spanky123
  • 19,953 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:05 PM

Victoria city councilors opposed to a large rental development? Has that ever happened before?*

*yes, many, many, many times

I think that they are in favour of the development, the comments have been that a "local developer" should be doing it however.

#882 aastra

aastra
  • 18,584 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 PM

I assume it will pass because it would be the perfect irony, the perfect icing on the cake re: those many years of political resistance to smaller projects. Smaller projects met hard resistance because they would have been too big, too disruptive, too transformative, too impactful. So therefore one of the largest projects ever should be no problem. It would nicely close the loop on all the hypocrisy and political insanity.

• baconnbits likes this

#883 downtownlurker

downtownlurker
  • 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:50 PM

It's too big/tall and will block my uncompromised view of View Towers. 

#884 baconnbits

baconnbits
  • 193 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

I assume it will pass because it would be the perfect irony, the perfect icing on the cake re: those many years of political resistance to smaller projects. Smaller projects met hard resistance because they would have been too big, too disruptive, too transformative, too impactful. So therefore one of the largest projects ever should be no problem. It would nicely close the loop on all the hypocrisy and political insanity.

I agree
I don’t like the devekopment at all. I think it will
Ultimately look cheap and age poorly. The podium is going to result in a poor street interface. Not enough public space etc etc but the crisis of housing fueled by no’s to smaller projects that would’ve made a difference to supply will probably see it get approved

#885 Nparker

Nparker
  • 35,588 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Updated website: https://www.harrisgr...OQD3jw5vKuS45co

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users