COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#26041 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,083 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 09:42 AM

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, the agency announced, the second time he has been infected in less than a month.

“This morning in Sacramento, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra tested positive for COVID-19 after taking an antigen test. He is fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and is experiencing mild symptoms. He will continue to perform his duties as HHS Secretary, working in isolation,” HHS spokeswoman Sarah Lovenheim said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/...an-a-month/amp/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 15 June 2022 - 09:42 AM.

#26042 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:19 AM

A survey has found that people who did not get the vaccine had a lower rate of suffering severe COVID-19 amid the pandemic.

https://www.msn.com/...eals/ar-AAYr5fF

Sounds like a reliable source...

Since the participants were self-selected and self-reported, the survey findings had to be interpreted with care compared to statistics or studies based on randomly selected populations, according to the Alliance for Natural Health International

The participants admitted to avoiding vaccines due to their preference for natural medicine interventions and skepticism of pharmaceutical interventions.

• Matt R. likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#26043 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:20 AM

You are too much of a baby not to wear a mask....  :banana:

Still waiting for my invite to the trucker's youth anti-bullying parade.  Know when that'll be?  Or are the kids just pawns in a shaky argument?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#26044 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:21 AM

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, the agency announced, the second time he has been infected in less than a month.

When viruses mutate... 

#26045 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:22 AM

Still waiting for my invite to the trucker's youth anti-bullying parade. Know when that'll be? Or are the kids just pawns in a shaky argument?

You can start by joining the Facebook group Truckers Against Bullying
https://m.facebook.c...07108906429923/

#26046 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:36 AM

You can start by joining the Facebook group Truckers Against Bullying
https://m.facebook.c...07108906429923/

Something tells me that it's not children they're worried about, at least not as defined by age... 

#26047 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:37 AM

Or are the kids just pawns in a shaky argument?

Yes, that's why I don't put mine in school. Glad to see you are catching up.... Or do you think these last two years have been good on the children? 

#26048 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:01 AM

Yes, that's why I don't put mine in school. Glad to see you are catching up.... Or do you think these last two years have been good on the children? 

Oh great.  All the social interactions, good and bad, that are critical to their development and are fodder for your anti-mandate rants and you deprive your children of that willingly.  

#26049 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:15 AM

Oh great.  All the social interactions, good and bad, that are critical to their development and are fodder for your anti-mandate rants and you deprive your children of that willingly.  

I didn't say I keep them in a closet....  ignorance is not a good place to argue from. 

#26050 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:28 AM

My children have been very social. We created our own small home based pre-school for my youngest, formed a nature based gathering group that meets once a week for both, my eldest also goes to a nature based outdoor program 3 days a week etc etc. Its a lot more involved and expensive but they have been relatively isolated from all this trauma. It's been a primary directive of ours.  

#26051 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:40 PM

My children have been very social. We created our own small home based pre-school for my youngest, formed a nature based gathering group that meets once a week for both, my eldest also goes to a nature based outdoor program 3 days a week etc etc. Its a lot more involved and expensive but they have been relatively isolated from all this trauma. It's been a primary directive of ours.  

What trauma?  And if the trauma is so pervasive, it sounds to me like you're really isolating them from life in general.

#26052 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:43 PM

No matter how one presents it, home schooling isn't anything like going to school every weekday for 12 years with hundreds of other kids.

Kids are kids, and they're pretty adaptable ... but forced home schooling (when you actually have public schooling available) doesn't exactly give them a running start.

I don't presume to meddle in other folks personal affairs, but it isn't surprising to read your somewhat out-of-step opinions on public schooling, and it very effectively frames your anti-vax and anti-mandate posts as they relate to your insistent and ongoing COVID denial.

• sebberry likes this

#26053 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 01:51 PM

you guys don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by dasmo, 15 June 2022 - 01:52 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#26054 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:00 PM

academic+achievement+k+to+12.jpg

#26055 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:11 PM

anyway...insulting me is a usual affair here but doing it over schooling is off topic... I'll bring it back

#26056 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:11 PM

"Are you ready for a return of vaccine mandates for travel in the fall with a new definition of fully vaccinated?

In case you missed it, Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said they may change the definition of fully vaccinated to three doses instead of the current two if they bring back travel and work vaccine mandates in the fall.

That could leave a lot more people grounded or out of work because just 55% of the population aged 12 and over have three doses compared to 90% with two.

As with their decision to finally suspend the travel and work mandates, the government offered no evidence and no data to support this idea. They’ve been telling us as often as they can that they are listening to the best advice and best science, they just don’t want to share any of it with the public."

https://www.msn.com/...13b915ffcc02d6d

#26057 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:27 PM

"Are you ready for a return of vaccine mandates for travel in the fall with a new definition of fully vaccinated?

In case you missed it, Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos said they may change the definition of fully vaccinated to three doses instead of the current two if they bring back travel and work vaccine mandates in the fall.

That could leave a lot more people grounded or out of work because just 55% of the population aged 12 and over have three doses compared to 90% with two.

As with their decision to finally suspend the travel and work mandates, the government offered no evidence and no data to support this idea. They’ve been telling us as often as they can that they are listening to the best advice and best science, they just don’t want to share any of it with the public."

https://www.msn.com/...13b915ffcc02d6d

Yeah a lot of people have been asking for this.  I would think by the time it happens, they'll just be looking for the booster.  I had both mine last year, I'm pretty certain they are not protecting me anymore or have little value.  If the booster is good to go against new variants then i'd take it but doesn't sound like it is really.  Are there other articles that are creating this fear or just this one from the Toronto Sun..?  It's really just a rag by this time..  

#26058 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,506 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:37 PM

They are all rags.... 

#26059 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 02:54 PM

Our benevolent overlords have offered us a degree of carrot lately, so of course they will need to threaten us with some stick soon. The pandemic power vacuum can't be left in its current state too long, lest the sheeple think they have control of their own destinies.
  • dasmo likes this

#26060 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 June 2022 - 03:20 PM

Our benevolent overlords have offered us a degree of carrot lately, so of course they will need to threaten us with some stick soon. The pandemic power vacuum can't be left in its current state too long, lest the sheeple think they have control of their own destinies.

Come back when you've caught COVID and have permanent lung, kidney and other damage from it...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users