COVID-19 / Coronavirus updates in Victoria, BC

• Please log in to reply
26251 replies to this topic

#26061 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 03:46 PM

That is a sound as saying we should all live in cages because someone might commit a crime. 

#26062 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:04 PM

Come back when you've caught COVID and have permanent lung, kidney and other damage from it...

This is what he told me when I told him to get an air conditioner in the extreme weather thread:

With the direction the world appears to be headed, I am seriously unsure if I want to be around 10 years from now. I am a firm believer in quality of life over quantity of life.

:)

Edited by todd, 15 June 2022 - 04:18 PM.

#26063 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:03 PM

you guys don't know what you are talking about.

That's your box-stock standard mantra on every single thread you post to ... only "you" know what's right - everybody else must bow down to you.

Narcissist much?

#26064 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:13 PM

Do you have homeschooled kids?

#26065 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:27 PM

Edited by dasmo, 16 June 2022 - 12:02 PM.

#26066 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 08:29 PM

Fauci has COVID.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26067 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 08:36 PM

Fauci has COVID.

Relevant: https://www.bitchute...o/GCaLXRr2m3CR/

#26068 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 04:49 AM

Ok, Spy Black and dasmo, could we dial this back a little please. Your discussions are drifting off topic and getting personal.

We are going to get through this somehow. I get that you have differing opinions on what's best for a path forward. This past couple of years have been the most painful experience that a lot of us have had to endure.

Each of you bring value to this forum with your insights and comments, but I find it difficult to accept that you can't find it within yourselves to be humble and kind.

Please help us out here and try and find a way to focus on thoughts and information that help the rest of us that come here to learn about how we can dig ourselves out of this mess.

Otherwise....this forum will just morph into a platform that will resemble that of the "*****ute" crap that was linked above...and then I won't want to come here anymore...and that would break my heart.

EDIT: I found it ironic that even our automatic moderation tool wouldn't allow me to post the word "bytchute" without me having to misspell it. :)

• Mike K. and Seechelle1969 like this

#26069 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 05:40 AM

Bit Chute

Ok that works. Ha! I spelled it as all one word and then it moderated.

#26070 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 05:51 AM

Fyi, I answered my own question and deleted my post. That’s what Sparky is responding to. Sorry for the confusion, Sparky.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26071 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 05:55 AM

^ No worries Mike. As the saying goes...I learn something every day.

• Mike K. likes this

#26072 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 06:12 AM

Ok, Spy Black and dasmo, could we dial this back a little please. Your discussions are drifting off topic and getting personal.

We are going to get through this somehow. I get that you have differing opinions on what's best for a path forward. This past couple of years have been the most painful experience that a lot of us have had to endure.

Each of you bring value to this forum with your insights and comments, but I find it difficult to accept that you can't find it within yourselves to be humble and kind.

Please help us out here and try and find a way to focus on thoughts and information that help the rest of us that come here to learn about how we can dig ourselves out of this mess.

Otherwise....this forum will just morph into a platform that will resemble that of the "*****ute" crap that was linked above...and then I won't want to come here anymore...and that would break my heart.

EDIT: I found it ironic that even our automatic moderation tool wouldn't allow me to post the word "bytchute" without me having to misspell it. :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly and will do better on this front. I apologize for contributing to bringing the vibe down here for you. That is not my intention. More banana dances perhaps…
  • Seechelle1969 likes this

#26073 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 06:14 AM

^ Bless you.

#26074 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 06:39 AM

Sparky, why did you describe the link I posted above as “bytchute crap”? It’s a relevant video of Fauci himself stating the vaccine has near 100% efficacy. It’s ironic because he has covid despite being boostedx4.

#26075 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 06:44 AM

Sorry max, I was referring to the comments below the video, not about the video itself. There were comments about hiring school shooters to do away with Fauci.

Not cool.

#26076 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 07:24 AM

Ah. Never read the comments section. Goes for YouTube as well

#26077 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 June 2022 - 07:34 AM

It’s a relevant video of Fauci himself stating the vaccine has near 100% efficacy. It’s ironic because he has covid despite being boostedx4.

We'll never move on from this thing as long as these beliefs are so pervasive. It's so frustrating to see the general inability to grasp the concept that 1) The virus is mutating and the vaccine hasn't kept up (guess why we don't have an HIV vaccine yet...) and 2) the vaccines are still the best way to ward off serious illness, organ damage, hospitalization and death.

We ain't gonna solve this with dandelion tea and healing stones.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#26078 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 08:01 AM

In a 2021 article, we shed light on the risk factors associated with infection and death from Covid-19 during the first wave of the pandemic (October 2020). Brazil’s high death toll can be partly explained by an array of socio-economic factors common to other countries, including the state’s poverty, informal economy, ethno-racial inequality and the poor infrastructure of its favelas. Above all, our research shows the country’s president, Jair Bolsonaro, bears particular responsibility in the spread of the pandemic – we call it the “Bolsonaro effect”.

Two Covid waves, 500,000 more deaths, 20 million infection cases and a successful vaccine campaign later, do our conclusions still hold?

While it is clear that the president’s denialism has prevented the state from effectively fighting the pandemic, it is far more challenging to demonstrate how it has impacted behaviour and to quantify its victims. This is what we have attempted to do in a new study.

https://theconversat...pandemic-183388

Ah. Never read the comments section. Goes for YouTube as well

yes, it's too much like an internet forum

#26079 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:27 AM

The occasion was a webinar entitled “Conquering Long Covid,” put on by the organizers of an event called the Health Freedom Summit, one of a glut of anti-vaccine conferences that have launched in recent years. HFS is run by a group of women who market themselves as mothers and health-oriented community activists, and since launching in April 2020, they’ve hosted some of the anti-vaccine world’s most omnipresent names. From the start, HFS’ founders and speakers have sought to cast doubt on the realities of the pandemic, and the conference bills itself as “the first American event to offer a ‘second opinion’ on the COVID narrative.” The 2022 event will, the organizers promise, feature “whistleblowers on mandated vaccines, masks, and lockdowns exposing medical fraud, government overstep, and disinformation.”

In other words, COVID as a disease isn’t depicted as fake, exactly, but certainly overblown, a threat distorted into monstrous proportions to justify what HFS persistently calls “medical tyranny.” On the Zoom call, though, they were doing something quite different: marketing a promised treatment for long COVID symptoms. 

“The culprit seems to be getting sick with COVID or taking the shot, so a vaccine injury thing,” said Alana Newman, one of the hosts and founders of HFS, as attendees joined the call, conflating long COVID symptoms with specious claims about COVID vaccines being broadly unsafe. “Our job is to point you in the right direction. We are all about natural health and are in a position to grab the science, distill it down so it’s helpful and palatable and deliver it to you.”

As the call wore on, though, two things became clear: that the presentation was another attempt to peddle vaccine skepticism to their audience, and that “grabbing the science” meant shilling a series of products from a multi-level marketing company called Life Vantage. Among them were a nootropic drink, which Newman claimed crosses the blood-brain barrier and “goes into the brain and heals it,” which is not a thing that a drink can do, and other products that the hosts promised would “turn on mitochondria” in the body and “energize” them, as well as healing the “oxidative stress” they claimed was causing long COVID.

https://www.vice.com...ting-long-covid

#26080 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 12:28 PM

Most recently, many conversations about #Covid with journalist colleagues & scientists from abroad. Our latest @welt investigation reveals: the German govt is considering the implementation of a general obligation to wear masks indoors from October 2022 until Easter each year.

https://twitter.com/...787629336416256

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users