42nd British Columbia Provincial Election and term | October 2020 - 2024

• Please log in to reply
2125 replies to this topic

#2041 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 07:04 AM

United changed its website colour scheme in late March, and I had not noticed. They're flying Conservative colours now.

Old

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 7.59.36 AM.png

New

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 8.04.07 AM.png

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2042 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,446 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 08:33 AM

I must be hideous. I don't see any difference.

#2043 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 08:43 AM

Probably not hideous, just colour blind.  ;)

#2044 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 03:55 PM

B.C. United caucus chair Lorne Doerkson defects to Conservatives
  • lanforod and max.bravo like this

#2045 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:04 PM

John Rustad is speaking at a special meeting of the BC public service employees for freedom - the anti COVID vax group of employees who lost their jobs over the jab.

#2046 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 04:43 PM

It is incorrect to label the BC Public Service Employees for Freedom as an "anti-COVID vax" group; they are supporters of body autonomy, the sanctity of one's medical history and the privacy of one's health care choices. They believe the BC Public Service, as an employer, does not have the right to dictate what goes into someone's body, to force disclosure of one's medical status, nor to change the rules of employment unilaterally.

• dasmo and max.bravo like this

#2047 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,923 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 06:36 PM

It is incorrect to label the BC Public Service Employees for Freedom as an "anti-COVID vax" group; they are supporters of body autonomy, the sanctity of one's medical history and the privacy of one's health care choices. They believe the BC Public Service, as an employer, does not have the right to dictate what goes into someone's body, to force disclosure of one's medical status, nor to change the rules of employment unilaterally.

This is it right here. This is why there is no closure because this has not been adequately addressed by those who disregarded these basic tenets. Including the union leadership and our human rights commission who should have stood up for them.
  • Nparker likes this

#2048 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 07:52 PM

I just settled my case with the bc public service via the union lawyers. I’m getting a few months lost wages and a $1500 human rights payment for damage to dignity lol. I guess I’m legally over it now 🤷‍♂️
  • dasmo likes this

#2049 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,923 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:12 PM

Pretty good. That’s something. I have only gotten an apology but I appreciated it.

#2050 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:20 PM

Lots of people in my position are rejecting the offers. They’re laughably unjust. But I just want to move on with life. The whole thing forced me away from government work and that’s been a positive for me. Silver linings.
  • aastra, Nparker, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#2051 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:41 PM

The caucus chair for the BC United party is defecting to the BC Conservatives, adding to the woes of the province’s official opposition.

Lorne Doerkson, who represents Cariboo-Chilcotin, and BC Conservative Leader John Rustad announced the move that increases the party’s numbers in the legislature to three.

The floor-crossing on Friday came after talks between the two right-of-centre parties broke down amid failure to settle on a deal to avoid vote splitting in the fall provincial election.

https://www.cheknews...atives-1207173/

#2052 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,923 posts

Posted 31 May 2024 - 08:56 PM

Lots of people in my position are rejecting the offers. They’re laughably unjust. But I just want to move on with life. The whole thing forced me away from government work and that’s been a positive for me. Silver linings.

I met someone who was living in their car after losing their job and apartment from holding their ground. I know of a couple divorces. I also know of some major positive shifts after being forced out. I can imagine some people want more.
I find it good you got a recognition of being wronged.
  • max.bravo likes this

#2053 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 06:27 AM

The caucus chair for the BC United party is defecting to the BC Conservatives, adding to the woes of the province’s official opposition.

There is now speculation that Sturko will join the Conservatives as well.

Could we see five or six or even seven jump, I wonder?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2054 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 444 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:22 AM

There is now speculation that Sturko will join the Conservatives as well.

Could we see five or six or even seven jump, I wonder?

Am I the only one who finds this a bit suspicious? A covert BCUP infiltration of the BC Cons perhaps. I'm sure Rustad is flattered and thrilled but he needs to be careful. That, or they're just opportunists.

#2055 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:24 AM

...or they're just opportunists.

Isn't "opportunist" just a synonym for politician?

• Matt R. and lanforod like this

#2056 lanforod

lanforod
  • 12,132 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 June 2024 - 07:34 AM

Sturko? A gay, LGBT activist? That'd help shut up some NDP attack paths if it happens.

#2057 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 57,749 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 08:11 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Surrey MLA Elenore Sturko defects, joins BC Conservatives
  • Nparker likes this

#2058 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 08:15 AM

https://vancouver.ci...-conservatives/

#2059 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 86,583 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 08:30 AM

There we go.

Now it's a party of 4.

Know it all.

#2060 Nparker

Nparker
  • 42,889 posts

Posted 03 June 2024 - 08:42 AM

...Now it's a party of 4.

Twice as many as the Green Party.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users