2021 Canadian General Election

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Rob Randall

Rob Randall

BIG TEXAS FORUMER

• 16,073 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:41 PM

...her pamphlet has zero reference to Trudeau nor a picture of him....I noted this with her and she said she would like people to consider the rep not the leader...fascinating...

Compare with the no-names that won a seat in Parliament ten years ago thanks to Jack Layton.

• rjag likes this

“I mean I just don’t understand the big Texas part, like maybe he’s from Texas? I want to know the back story.”

#82 rjag

rjag
  • 6,175 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

Compare with the no-names that won a seat in Parliament ten years ago thanks to Jack Layton.

The LPC dont go to the bathroom unless they have a poll gauging the act. The lack of reference to Jr I think will likely be seen throughout most of the western seats as they know theres an intense dislike for him personally. I bet its different in NB and Ontario etc.

The time of the cult is coming to an end I hope, time for centrists to regain control....but I doubt that will happen and we will be the worse off for it

#83 JimV

JimV
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 July 2021 - 02:03 PM

Party allegiance seems to remain roughly the same but the entire political spectrum has shifted left.  Even the Conservatives are basically liberal these days.

It’s sad to think that one would have to vote Liberal to unseat the useless Collins.  But then there’s the embarrassing fact that MacDonald shares the name of our first PM and is therefore tainted by his vicious, genocidal record.  Almost enough to turn a person Green except that they are rapidly disappearing up their own rectum and may not even exist by election time.

#84 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 23,762 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:47 PM

The Green Party and its associated fund are taking their battle with party leader Annamie Paul to court — ending a tentative truce between Paul and party executives just as a federal election call is expected within weeks.

Court documents show that Paul took action to stop the party from holding a confidence vote on her leadership and reviewing her party membership.

The court documents say the dispute ended up in the hands of an arbitrator, who decided to quash the non-confidence vote scheduled for July 20 and call off the membership review.

In their court filing, the Green Party of Canada Fund and the Green Party of Canada are asking the Ontario Superior Court to quash the arbitration orders that set aside both the non-confidence vote and the leadership review until after the party elects a new federal council on Aug. 19. The filing is also asking for costs.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ction-1.6111847

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 July 2021 - 02:47 PM.

#85 tommy

tommy
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 07:02 PM

if an election is called Sep 19, then a 36 day campaign period (minimum) sets the date as Oct 25 - the first Monday after the 6 year anniverasary of the 2015 election

or

it could be called on sep 5, then a 50 day campaign period (maximum) sets the date as Oct 25 - the first Monday after the 6 year anniversary of the 2015 election

which is the 6 year pension mark.

or at anytime between those two dates or after for that matter

the point being if it is called before then some members if not re-elected might not be eligible for a parliamentary pension

to quote Minister Bennett - "Pension!"

• Matt R. and Brayvehart like this

#86 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 12:01 AM

Who could resist?

Matt.

#87 tommy

tommy
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:00 PM

why can't this be the candidate here in Victoria?

https://nationalpost...-boudoir-photos

Attached Images

• de8e26dea57db5029b4c8e1efdfc1e2af22adcce.jpeg

#88 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 23,762 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:01 PM

pretty sure “boudoir photos” are not what’s selling on OnlyFans lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users