• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#341 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 5,826 posts
  • LocationGorge-Selkirk

Posted 25 October 2022 - 02:13 PM

You'd think they'd proof read the dang thing too....its BaNfield Park, not Bamfield. If you're thinking of purchasing I personally found Frye's a tad overrated but that is compensated for by Cliff's Barber shop where a guy can get a great haircut for a shade over $20 :)

#342 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:00 PM

Dang I miss that hood sometimes.
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#343 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 5,826 posts
  • LocationGorge-Selkirk

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:01 PM

Dang I miss that hood sometimes.

If you were praising it to my 17 year old self in 1977 I would have laughed you out of the room; not even close in 2022. Different ballgame altogether, lots going on development-wise both current and pending, and its central to everything.

#344 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 09:20 PM

That cob bench in the park has my handprints on it, and the big mulberry there was planted by me. During the excavation I pulled out an old BC Tel phone booth. I guess back in the day, fill was fill! Too bad in 2008 we were priced out of the neighbourhood…

#345 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 5,826 posts
  • LocationGorge-Selkirk

Posted 25 October 2022 - 10:01 PM

That cob bench in the park has my handprints on it, and the big mulberry there was planted by me. During the excavation I pulled out an old BC Tel phone booth. I guess back in the day, fill was fill! Too bad in 2008 we were priced out of the neighbourhood…

Yeah there is a small 3 lot development behind us at Selkirk and Arcadia - three separate and detached "small" houses is how I would describe them. Physically they each appear to be about the same s/f as maybe a large-ish townhome but they are detached. Maybe 15-1600 s/f each? Unofficially I understand they'll be going on the market in the $ 1 million range. You never could have imagined that not so many years ago in that area.

#346 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 39,236 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 06:26 AM

Build your dream home on this rare lot in an amazing location!

917587_2.jpg

This level, fully serviced 7,190 square foot lot is in a beautiful setting on a quiet road in the very desirable Cedar Hill area. You'll love being able to easily walk to the Cedar Hill Golf Course, chip trails and the Cedar Hill Recreation Centre. Plus, it's close to Hillside Mall, excellent schools, and only a short 10 minute drive to downtown Victoria. It's zoned RS-6 and Garden Suites are now legal in the District of Saanich. Also, there's gas on the street and there's no GST applicable.

$849,000

https://www.realtor....nich-cedar-hill

917587_9.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 26 October 2022 - 06:28 AM.

#347 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 06:35 AM

Are you allowed to do any hookups for gas on a new build in Victoria?

#348 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 74,797 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 06:47 AM

Yes, that is currently allowed.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#349 lanforod

lanforod
  • 9,446 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 26 October 2022 - 07:34 AM

Plus, this is Saanich, not CoV.

#350 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 07:35 AM

Saanich.

#351 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 11:07 AM

Land assembly in Esquimalt.

https://www.realtor....XoSeLACKyPh9QfY

#352 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:40 PM

RARE LANGFORD LAKEFRONT PROPERTY!! First time ever to market, subdividable .638 rectangular lot with wide portion lake frontage. Southwest facing to the lake and across a beautiful Bay to a pristine natural Peninsula. An unparalleled lakefront location and views. Potential for two lakefront homes on approx .3 acre lots. The property currently has a boathouse, dock and an uninhabitable cabin. Value is in the unimproved land. The tranquil treed setting at the back of the property (roadside) opens to sunny frontage. Swimming, paddle boarding and kayaking could be steps from the door. An exceptional Lifestyle awaits... with close proximity to all amenities Langford has to offer. Buyer to do own due diligence with Langford. The Seller makes no representation as to what could be done.

918427_1.jpg

$2,400,000

918427_2.jpg

1243 Goldstream Ave

https://www.realtor....d-langford-lake

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 December 2022 - 07:41 PM.

#353 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:42 PM

$2,400,000

https://www.realtor....anich-deep-cove

760 Lands End Rd

918911_1.jpg

Build your dream waterfront home! At the very end of the Saanich Peninsula, you will find Land's End Road - One of the most exclusive locations on Vancouver Island and some of the most elegant homes and estates in the country fit for royalty. The location is close to the BC Ferry terminal, Victoria International Airport, Horth Hill Park as well as other parks and trails. This is a rare opportunity to build your dream home on this 28,000 square foot lot overlooking Satellite Channel and Mount Tuan Ecological Reserve on Salt Spring Island. The View spans from Cowichan Bay to the ferry traffic coming in and out of Shwartz Bay, Sampson Narrows and Pender Island enjoy the views off your deck from this mid bank property watching all of the boat traffic, sea lions playing, eagles soaring and even whales passing by! The lot is serviced for water, hydro, telus and gas and has a driveway roughed in and is ready to go. With very limited waterfront land available on Southern Vancouver Island, you do not want to miss out on this very special opportunity 

#354 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:43 PM

$2,995,000

https://www.realtor....ak-bay-gonzales

1933 Crescent Rd

919367_2.jpg

If you have been looking to build your dream Waterfront home in a premier location in Oak Bay, look no further. This is a tremendous opportunity to acquire a 60-foot wide, 9,256-square-foot lot with a very attractive building envelope and is the last home to have step-down Gonzales beach access from the property. Offering picturesque southwest views of the Salish Sea with snow-capped Olympic Mountains by day and spectacular sunsets at night, this parcel of land is a true gem. Gonzales Beach is a protected bay that offers a wonderful warmer micro-climate and long-lasting evening sun. Building permit and approved plans are ready to go with Award-winning Zebra Design. The thoughtful, modern custom design sprawls over three levels and features approximately 3,700-square-foot of living space or design your own. Enjoy the convenience of being only a few minutes from downtown Victoria, exceptional schools, beaches, yacht clubs and golf courses. This is truly an opportunity to create something special. 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 December 2022 - 07:43 PM.

#355 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:45 PM

DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY. Land assembly site in the city of Victoria. 2341 Howard & 2345 Howard are being sold together. A site totalling approximately 10,900 sq ft of developable land. The properties are designated ''Small Urban Village'' Land Use in the Fernwood Neighbourhood Plan which was recently approved. The location is ideally situated in very close proximity to shopping, amenities, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Downtown Victoria, all levels of school and is on a major Bus Route. The site offers frontages on three sides, Bay St, Shelbourne St & Howard St. The location would be highly sought after by people looking for multi-family housing. Each property significantly improved with a single-family home, creating significant holding income. Buyers to verify development potential with the City of Victoria. To be purchased as a package of 2341 & 2345 Howard. Total List Price for Land Assembly $2,500,000. No access to the homes without an accepted offer. Contact for an information package.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-fernwood

$1,200,000

2345 Howard Rd

$1,300,000

2341 Howard Rd

919102_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 December 2022 - 07:46 PM.

#356 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 05:25 AM

Brand new subdivision, fully serviced lots conveniently located at the base of bear mountain golf course and resort. Choose lot 25 or lot 26 very close to log house pub and Millstream Village.

$599,000

LOT 25 2158 Millstream Rd

https://www.realtor....d-bear-mountain

920264_1.jpg

#357 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 74,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 06:16 AM

Speaking of land values, I hear some developers are trying to ditch Langford land as the chance of it getting developed with meaningful density may be kaput, at least until the new council figures out what they want to do.

Meanwhile in Colwood along Sooke Road near Veterans a land assembly with 30,000 sq ft has hit the market at $4 million. A $2.235M 26,000 sq ft site closed in late November northwest of the intersection, east of the project that’s going up right now. Originally they had asked for $3.6 then $2.5. Considering what’s happening in Langford someone might have made a good deal there.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#358 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:21 PM

Did we see the 2.9m lot in vic west?

https://www.rew.ca/p..._type=Geography

Edited by Matt R., 12 December 2022 - 08:24 PM.

#359 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 74,797 posts

Posted 13 December 2022 - 08:05 AM

It’s the townhouse dev site. They haven’t secured approvals yet but are already trying to flip the land.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#360 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 39,236 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 04:51 AM

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.12.14-07_51_45.png

screenshot-www.google.com-2022.12.14-07_52_54.png

Rare and wonderful opportunity to build your absolute DREAM HOME on this large, nearly 18,000 square foot, R-3 zoned, SERVICED LOT on a no-through road with OCEAN VIEWS! North Saanich is the perfect location for those that enjoy a wooded, rural atmosphere but still want the convenience of quick access to excellent schools, indoor and outdoor parks and recreational facilities, nature trails, shops, amenities, world famous dining experiences not to mention the BC Ferries, and the Victoria International Airport which make getaways to almost anywhere in the world easy and relaxed. R-3 Zoning provides too many opportunities to list. This property is NOT subject to GST! Call your REALTOR® or Haley Lopez PREC* at 250-886-5312 to book your private tour of the property.

$845,000

1850 Swartz Bay Rd

https://www.realtor....nich-swartz-bay

920350_15.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 December 2022 - 04:53 AM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users