#21 Belleprincess

Belleprincess
  • 578 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:01 PM

another video from across the streeet:
https://streamable.com/cnal52

...disturbing photo of aftermath:
https://twitter.com/...865199958900741

After this, if I hear one more idiot “woke” person talk about abolishing the police - I’ll lose my damn mind. I doubt any of them would run towards danger to save anyone. Prayers for these brave officers
  • Nparker, LJ, sebberry and 6 others like this

#22 Nparker

Nparker
  • 33,209 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:42 PM

Many years ago my father was the manager of that branch of the Bank of Montreal. I hope all bank staff and officers are safe.

• Wayne and Victoria Watcher like this

#23 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:58 PM

Video is now up on CTV VI website:

https://vancouverisl...h-b-c-1.5966693

#24 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:00 PM

Video is now up on CTV VI website:

https://vancouverisl...h-b-c-1.5966693

That's the one I was referencing from the Fujiya parking lot. The person who filmed it had it on Youtube originally but seems CTV paid him for it to use as an exclusive as it's now removed from Youtube

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#25 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:05 PM

That video is bloody frightening! Keeping my fingers crossed the police are ok. 

• Nparker and pennymurphy2000 like this

#26 Nparker

Nparker
  • 33,209 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:07 PM

That video is bloody frightening! Keeping my fingers crossed the police are ok. 

Not just the police, but anyone inside the bank and in the nearby vicinity.

• mbjj likes this

#27 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 33,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:07 PM

https://twitter.com/...K_HZZaRvHObhffw

screenshot-twitter.com-2022.06.28-18_06_54.png

#28 MysticalWarrior

MysticalWarrior
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:17 PM

Camosun classes have now been cancelled for the day: https://twitter.com/...serp|twgr^tweet

Meanwhile at UVic, we received a warning via text of the situation, but there doesn't currently appear to be a plan to lock us down too..

#29 Nparker

Nparker
  • 33,209 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:18 PM

Presumably bus traffic along Shelbourne is being diverted?

#30 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 33,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:25 PM

There are unconfirmed reports that six police officers have been shot, and that one officer is fighting for his life.

Saanich Police said two suspects are in custody—though police and paramedic sources tell Capital Daily two suspects are dead—and police are searching the area for a third suspect. 

https://www.capitald...ve-device-found

Photographer James MacDonald, reporting for Capital Daily, noted the presence of more than two dozen police vehicles in the area, marked with RCMP and Saanich Police decals. Blood dripped from a white Sprinter van beside the bank. Cell service in the area may have been scrambled, with calls and data not coming through.

A paramedic, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak to media, said six police officers were injured, and that one of them is in critical care.

He said the shooting took a toll on paramedics who attended the scene. 

“Our supervisors are asking additional paramedics to come in,” he said, after six paramedics went on leave due to the added stress. 

His understanding is that no civilians were seriously hurt.

In a statement to Capital Daily, BC Emergency Health Services said five people were transported to the hospital after paramedics responded to the incident at 11:21 a.m. “BCEHS crews remain on scene on standby,” they said.

At around 11:20 am today, an announcement at the Royal Jubilee Hospital proclaimed "highest access restriction" for the ER. 15 minutes later, they called “all porters to ER.” 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 June 2022 - 02:28 PM.

#31 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:28 PM

I have a family member who is a psychologist, she's now on call to provide support to the Saanich police. Just found out.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#32 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 33,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:30 PM

Somebody should call a press conference for between 5 and 6pm.  So citizens can hear direct from police what's up.

Just an idea.

#33 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,497 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:38 PM

It's at 4pm.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#34 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 33,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:39 PM

It's at 4pm.

See, I was right.   :)

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 June 2022 - 02:39 PM.

#35 Kilo95

Kilo95
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:01 PM

Statement out now, in advance of the press conference.

https://vicpd.ca/202...going-incident/

Victoria, BC – Two suspects are deceased and several members of the Greater Victoria Emergency Response Team (GVERT) have been transported to hospital during an ongoing incident at a bank in Saanich today. A shelter in place advisory remains in effect for the area of North Dairy Road to Cedar Hill Cross Road, and Richmond Road to Cedar Hill Road as officers search for a potential third suspect.

At approximately 11 a.m. this morning officers with Saanich Police, GVERT, and VicPD responded to a report that two armed men had entered a bank in the 3600-block of Shelbourne Street in Saanich. Multiple officers responded to the scene and encountered the armed suspects who fired at police. Two suspects were shot by police and died at the scene.

Six GVERT officers suffered gunshot wounds and were transported to hospital. We anticipate that some officers will be released following emergency treatment, whereas other officers sustained serious injuries and have been taken into surgery. We will provide further updates on the condition of these officers as we are able.

Three of the GVERT officers are members of Saanich Police. Three of the GVERT officers are members of VicPD.

At this time, we do not believe that any bank employees, bank customers, or members of the public were physically injured in this incident.

This remains an ongoing police incident with a heavy police presence in the area.

Homes and businesses in close proximity to the scene of the incident have been evacuated due to the presence of a potential explosive device in a vehicle associated to the suspects.

We will provide further updates with respect to the emergency response, this investigation, and the welfare of our officers. We appreciate the ongoing support for our officers and community during this time.

As with all officer-involved shootings in British Columbia, the Independent Investigations Office (IIO) is also investigating this incident.

For updates, please follow @SaanichPolice or @VicPDCanada on Twitter.

#36 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 33,878 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:05 PM

At I see. They think maybe there was a getaway driver perhaps.

Golly that does not sound great.

Prayers for the officers.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 June 2022 - 03:06 PM.

#37 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:22 PM

And a good riddance to the two dead scumbags. 

If the third guy didn’t do any shooting, prison will be fine. 

If he did participate in any shooting, I hope he gets a fast trip to join his buddies. 

#38 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:24 PM

Never a good outcome for the 2 dead suspects, but better that than further risk to the public.  Had they been arrested, I don't know that I can trust the Judicial system to keep families safe anymore.

#39 spanky123

spanky123
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:27 PM

And a good riddance to the two dead scumbags. 

If the third guy didn’t do any shooting, prison will be fine. 

If he did participate in any shooting, I hope he gets a fast trip to join his buddies. 

Makes it harder to find the 3rd when the two who knew him/her are dead.

#40 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 793 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

I really hope this quiets the ACAB folx.

Six heroes who were willing to risk their lives for our community deserve better than how they were treated the last few years. We have good cops here. This proves it.
  • Nparker, LJ, spanky123 and 5 others like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users