Lyra Residences, phase one
Use: condo
Address: 4027 Rainbow Street
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Lyra Residences, phase one, is an eight-storey, 39 two-bedroom unit condominium in Saanich's Rainbow Hill comm... (view full profile)
Learn more about Lyra Residences, phase one on Citified.ca
Photo

[North Quadra - Saanich] Lyra Residences on Christmas Hill | Condos | 8- & 8-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#21 dpaysen

dpaysen
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:40 AM

Saanich reaches up with eight-storey condos

Kim Westad
Times Colonist

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Christmas Hill in Saanich is getting a new development, one some politicians say shows the municipality is moving toward higher-density growth.

Developer Daniel Doore was tired and thrilled yesterday after a late-night meeting Monday saw Saanich council unanimously approve the project, which Doore hopes is completed within five years.

"We're pushing forward, and are hard at it," he said yesterday, looking out at the groves of Garry oaks on three lots just off McKenzie Avenue at Rainbow Street.

[...]

#22 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:01 AM

Anyone know if the BC Transit BRT route up Hwy 17 calls fro a station here? If they are going to continue to add density in this area it may be a good idea. I would hate to see Mackenzie more clogged with cars than it aleady is.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#23 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

From "Christmas Hill Project Hotly Debated":

The condo buildings, on the south part of the site close to McKenzie Avenue, would each have 32 units, in buildings that developer Daniel Doore and architect Frank D'Ambrosio said will largely be shrouded by the many Garry oaks on the site.

One might wonder why all of the other ugly buildings in the vicinity of Christmas Hill weren't obliged to hide in this same manner.

It's not a suburban development with wide swaths of manicured lawn, but rather gardens more suited to native plants.

The condo buildings would be built on land that is now filled with junk piles and is already disturbed, D'Ambrosio said.

All houses will be solar ready, with much of the parking underground. Those with carports will have green roofs.

Roads will be narrow, taking up as little area as possible while complying with safety concerns.

Full story at:
[url=http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/capital_van_isl/story.html?id=bd5d76bc-fa09-42be-92b6-e5b6f415f1cf&k=72674:aa908]www.canada.com[/url:aa908]

#24 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:27 PM

Summary: residents of auto-oriented suburbs -- suburbs that were laid out with little regard for the natural environment, including the Garry Oak Meadow -- are criticizing a developer who seems to be making a sincere and significant effort to protect as much of the existing landscape as possible.

North side of Christmas Hill:

South side of Christmas Hill:

How come nobody bothered to care until now?

#25 dpaysen

dpaysen
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:19 AM

Does anyone have a site plan of this?

#26 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Is it just me or are some of the newer houses up along the hill really quite nice? I've only seen them from the highway, not up close. That entire subdivision (what's the name?) has looked so monotone and gone so overboard with the whole faux-farmhouse esthetic up until now.

#27 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Yup they look awesome! I gave been considering having a look.

#28 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

I still have yet to set foot in that area. Seriously, did they need to make the streets so frickin' wide? Just look at this:

http://maps.google.c...2,181.67,,0,0.2

I mean, what are people expecting when they design a neighbourhood like that? I don't get it at all.

#29 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

"hey we're planning the streets for a new suburban residential area, we were thinking of a nice tree lined avenue running through the middle of it but instead decided to go with the "main street through an industrial park" look". I'm glad they took their inspiration from the keating crossroads industrial area, it's a nice place to live.
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#30 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:25 AM

I still have yet to set foot in that area. Seriously, did they need to make the streets so frickin' wide? Just look at this:

http://maps.google.c...2,181.67,,0,0.2

I mean, what are people expecting when they design a neighbourhood like that? I don't get it at all.

Nor have I.
I can still see the sloping field and greenhouses.

#31 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

Seems to be selling well..... "Site Search" could not find that this link had been posted before... :squint:

http://www.rainbowhill.ca/index-ie.php

Nice picture

https://twitter.com/...1481600/photo/1

#32 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Heard from another REALTOR® that they might start selling the next townhouse phase soon.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#33 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:46 PM

New ads for this have popped up online. 8 storeys pricing from low 500s

#34 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,683 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

New ads for this have popped up online...

And only 9 short years since it was first announced!

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

Yup, it's moving ahead. I'll be coming out with more info soon.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#36 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,683 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Yup, it's moving ahead...

I guess it was given enough time.

#37 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,683 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

Is this still the most recent rendering for the Lyra proposal?

Lyra.JPG

#38 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

Is this still the most recent rendering for the Lyra proposal?

Are there others ...

Edited by 2F2R, 10 September 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#39 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

Yes, but they're not quite ready. Very soon though :)
  • Nparker and DavidSchell like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#40 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

Despite being only 8 stories it will appear much higher given where it is being built. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users