CANCELLED
Victoria Plaza Hotel
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 603 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 6
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR)
Sales status: in planning
A proposal to redevelop the Victoria Plaza Hotel in downtown Victoria is envisioned a six-storey new-build win... (view full profile)
Learn more about Victoria Plaza Hotel on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Victoria Plaza Hotel (aka Monty's) Redevelopment | Condos | Cancelled in 2019

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
847 replies to this topic

#121 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I don't know any more than what I read. It seems strange though that two groups are promoting the same development unless there is some link between them that I am unaware of.

#122 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

It needs a more prominent corner treatment. A rounded corner perhaps, or even a distinctive corner entrance. It doesn't have to be something dramatic like a spire. Having arched tops on the two topmost windows closest to the corner would add enough variation to the facade. And I'm almost afraid to ask what the square exterior panels are made of.

It's already been established that those panels are concrete.

#123 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

So VHF has confirmed for us that the recent house fire on Bear Mountain that left $100,000 in damage to a home that was vacant -- and caught fire in the middle of the night -- happens to be the residence of the owner of Monty's pub who is apparently away on vacation.

Interesting.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#124 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

economic combustion?

#125 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

http://maps.google.c...&cbp=12,90,,0,0

http://www.goldstrea.../143834026.html

2165 Stone Gate.

Confirmed address, not sure if they own it, but they do seem to have owned or do own property in Henderson, Nevada: http://trweb.co.clar...=160-34-511-038 or http://sandgate.co.c...=191-24-811-026
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#126 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Raising money?where are the RE-Zoning application signs??What happened to the January closure date everyone was so sure of?
I could also draw a "rendering"of what is to be proposed on this site.
Have a look at the "current" re-zoning applications to the city,I see "0" in regards to this project.
all is willy-nilly hear-say as far as I am concerned.
And by the way,There have been no arrests or charges laid in regards to the infractions that have occured at Monty's during this investigation.
I did my research...............
check for yourselves...........

Closed for 22 days and 1000.00's in fines I think shows enough "guilt" in this situation. Sounds like an "axe" to me as well!
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#127 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Re-opening tomorrow.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#128 1st Hand Knowledge

1st Hand Knowledge
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

These things happen in EVERY bar,whether you choose to believe it or not.
9 month investigation costing us all thousands of dollars is ridiculous for uncovering a bartender or waitress drinking on shift and a small amount of drugs .............
Flying in police from around the province etc is absurd....
Waste of $.............
And open again ,business as usual................
really accomplished alot..............

#129 1st Hand Knowledge

1st Hand Knowledge
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

By the way..............
Still not sold...........................

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

1st Hand, thanks for the update. So as you were saying, no formal application is before the City for the redevelopment of the building as of this time?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#131 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well they way it works is that developers usually work with community groups before an application will even be accepted at City Hall. I would ask the DRA they would know more.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#132 zinkerled

zinkerled
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Raising money?where are the RE-Zoning application signs??What happened to the January closure date everyone was so sure of?

Who said this would close in January? March was the estimate given last summer for completing the sale.

#133 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

#134 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

By the way..............
Still not sold...........................

I am at a lose why someone is getting so upset by a potential sale of property?

#135 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

I am at a lose why someone is getting so upset by a potential sale of property?

Because it's a hassle going out to Saanich to see real naked women close up. BCT doesn't even have a bus stop right in front of the Red Lion, and the Fox Pub handicapped washroom stall has been out of service for over a month. There is no wheelchair lift or ramp do get down to the stage-front seats either.

Monty's is close for all transit routes, and the bathroom stall doors are usually broken right off or hanging by one hinge, so they are accessible. The place is all one level, so you can roll right up to the stage in wheelchair/scooter.

#136 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

That's a cool ceiling.

What part of the hotel is this?

#137 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

^^ yeah guess those Re some pretty valid issues! :P

#138 YouDontKnow

YouDontKnow
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

History Buff ? More like History Bluff.That pic is not of vic plaza.It's of a room in nanaimo.

#139 YouDontKnow

YouDontKnow
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Here,s some real pics.

#140 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

That pic needs to be hosted somewhere in order to post. You can't "upload" photos to this site.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users