Photo

Hollywood news and related issues

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#61 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

I saw it last night! First time in IMAX, second time overall. I picked up a lot more stuff this time. Knowing now how all the stories are intertwined and not always in order.

For example, showing a set from the plane's point of view, you might see them fly over a trawler with guys bailing out. But you do not immediately connect that to the guys that boarded it to escape 20 minutes ago, when it was onshore. But then a scene or two later you see them from the water point of view. All well done.

Yeah, it wasn't immediately clear that the events weren't happening at the same time. But it made for a great "ah-ha" moment when it conected the stories.

#62 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, it wasn't immediately clear that the events weren't happening at the same time. But it made for a great "ah-ha" moment when it conected the stories.

I guess you could say some of the events were happening at the same time, but he wanted to show them from the 2 or even 3 points of view, so they are repeated.

For those that do not understand, the movie is divided into 3 points of view.

From the British fighter planes (Spitfires) in the air for an hour.

From the private small rescue vessels (one in particular), one day.

From the view of soldiers (one soldier in particular) trying to get away from Dunkirk, over the span of a week.

They will all intertwine.  We visit each point of view many times.  So it's from one to another.   Then in the case of the guys on the water, and a downed pilot, near the end they are basically in the same scene as they have been united in place. 

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 18 October 2017 - 11:08 AM.

• Mattjvd likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#63 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Please tell me Hans Zimmer is up for an award!

he co-wrote the soundtrack for bladerunner, ir was pretty solid. I can see it doing well in the technical categories.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#64 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

screenshot-www.vicnews.com-2017-10-20-19-23-17-267.png

Rogue masseur arrested for sexual assault in Victoria

John Heintzelman, 65, is accused of assaulting a person at his former business, James Bay Massage

https://www.vicnews....lt-in-victoria/

He's been working alone, so there might be other victims?  I don't recall VicPD asking other victims of Elsner to come forward.

Way too far. Let the witch hunts begin!

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 20 October 2017 - 06:30 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#65 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

^ Or any time an officer is accused of an assault for that matter. 

#66 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual misconduct with a teen-aged boy.

He has also come out about his sexuality as the revelations from actor Anthony Rapp regarding an incident that occurred in the 1980's come to light.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#67 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Child molestation seems a little strong for what he is accused of.

#68 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Child molestation seems a little strong for what he is accused of.

It is 2017 buddy, Andy Sandler is being accused of sexual assault for touching a co-workers knee during an interview. 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#69 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

A Winnipeg ballet instructor who was fired after former students came forward accusing him of taking nude photos of them has been doing volunteer and contract work at a ballet company in B.C.

Bruce Monk is living in Victoria, where CBC News has learned he actively volunteers and does contracts for Ballet Victoria.

“I was shocked,” said Sarah Doucet, a former student of Monk’s who contacted the ballet earlier this year after seeing a photo of Monk on the company’s Facebook page.

Doucet told CBC in an email she was feeling “shock and disbelief, and fear for the women who were now working with him,” when she found out Monk was with the ballet.

Monk, a renowned photographer, was the subject of a Winnipeg police investigation after multiple women came forward to the media and police alleging he took nude photos of them while they were dancers at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet.

#70 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Kevin Spacey has been accused of sexual misconduct with a teen-aged boy.

He has also come out about his sexuality as the revelations from actor Anthony Rapp regarding an incident that occurred in the 1980's come to light.

House of Cards is being cancelled.

http://deadline.com/...six-1202197604/

#71 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Looks like HBO may not even release the House of Cards episodes that they have already produced for season 6. https://www.msn.com/...cey-allegations

As I have commented before, it is interesting watching activists turn on themselves once they have gained general acceptance and have no more external enemies. The goal now seems to destroy any prominent actor, director, producer, or athlete. Someone just needs to make a claim and the career is over, trial by public outrage. The right couldn't have scripted this any better.

Edited by spanky123, 31 October 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:12 AM

The turn on Spacey is interesting.

LGBQ say don’t hide behind the rainbow and also don’t feed the fears that gay men are predators of minors.

But they are not quite saying “this issue is a problem with all types, heterosexual, homosexual, anyone can be the victim or the abuser”. They are not saying that.

#73 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:26 AM

^ The sad thing is that Spacey probably paid a crisis management firm a lot of money to prepare his response.

30 years ago Spacey had a number of people over at his apartment for a party. Even the victim acknowledged that Spacey was staggering and drunk. I am sure that the crisis firm told Spacey not to say anything that might sound like he is blaming the victim or trying to discredit his story and the result was a half-denial and the 'coming out'. 

He would have taken some flack for a flat denial but look at the outcome. His career is finished and he is being stripped of his awards and who knows whether the 14 yr old (at the time) recollection is true given that he was probably drunk or high at the time as well.

This is where we are right now. If you are high profile or have a job that someone else wants you are at risk of having someone pop their head and claim that 30 years ago you did something that by today's standards is objectionable. Automatically you are guilty and your career is over. 

Edited by spanky123, 31 October 2017 - 10:28 AM.

#74 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

I'm not sure Spacey's career is over.  Although some of us that were discussing thought the only reason he admitted that it might have happened is because there might be more stuff to come out about him.

#75 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Looks like HBO may not even release the House of Cards episodes that they have already produced for season 6. https://www.msn.com/...cey-allegations

As I have commented before, it is interesting watching activists turn on themselves once they have gained general acceptance and have no more external enemies. The goal now seems to destroy any prominent actor, director, producer, or athlete. Someone just needs to make a claim and the career is over, trial by public outrage. The right couldn't have scripted this any better.

It's on Netflix not HBO.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#76 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

So due to increased media scrutiny, Ballet Victoria has now cut ties with the guy.

#77 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Dustin Hoffman next in the firing line. 32 years ago he grabbed an intern's butt and made a sexist joke.

https://www.theguard...nst-17-year-old

#78 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

“Ari Gold” of Entourage fame has also been publicly identified as a groper.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#79 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

When I was in my teens there was some groping going on in the back seat of my car and I'm a positive it was consensual but hey... you never know.

Any one else?

#80 Cassidy

Cassidy
  • Banned
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:11 PM

Some of the current "accusations" seem to be based on incidents that are alleged to have happened 30 or 35 years ago.

You're never  "not guilty" of something simply because time has passed ... but I question peoples ability to accurately recall specific events when the time line stretches back even 10 or 15 years let alone 30 or 35 years.

I also question the knee-jerk destruction of peoples careers based on little more than hearsay, with no further investigation undertaken, or likely to be undertaken down the road.

And "yes", I understand that it isn't at all considered "cool" in 2017 to do anything these days but blindly support the accuser 100% ... but I do believe that a few more questions, and bit more investigation, and something a tad more formal than somebody releasing a story to the press "with no further comment" needs to be undertaken.

• Midnightly likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users