• 7,069 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

That's good.^

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,535 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:54 PM

Has there actually been any construction on site? Last I saw the land has been razed but that's about it. The hole hasn't even been dug, has it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

They were pouring forming some footings before I left in July.

#24 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:16 AM

So, in my quest for movie-type Saturday evening entertainment, I visited Blockbuster (blah). Reflections looked... completely stalled. There's a hole in the ground, some of the wood-stuff I don't know the name of, and nothing else going on. It's been that way for a while now.

#25 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

Check out a couple of these floorplans, these units are like living in a cave there are so few windows.

http://www.liveatref.../pdf/Plan_P.pdf
http://www.liveatref.../pdf/Plan_B.pdf

#26 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:05 PM

^ those are terrible!

#27 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

those are only 2 units on each floor, so 6 in total, out of 108.
what were we to do, leave deadspace in those 2 corners?

#28 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:56 AM

I wouldn't want to live in those units. That's all I'm saying.
Would you?

#29 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:16 AM

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those units. If someone doesn't want to live in them they don't have to. I'm sure there are people who would like a unit like that. I actually like the one with the large den tucked way at the back of the cave because it would allow me to sleep without being disturbed by how much sunlight is coming through the windows.

jaylow, "we"? were you involved in the project?

#30 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:07 PM

yes, i worked on the plans.Some of it was a bit of a challenge.

#31 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

Sorry if I insulted you.
I quite like the building as a whole.

#32 zingzamzoom

zingzamzoom
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

Those units are not bad either. My apartment unit only has a balcony as a window. You get used to what you live in. And 720 sq feet is quite spacious!

Aaron

#33 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:59 AM

not a problem, i didn't feel insulted.
I was Justifying the units.
I Think we did have units that were a bit bigger at those corners, but there are numerous changes to them throughout the whole process of getting a building to its final state.
Getting units to gel together is a time consuming process.

#34 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:38 PM

Not sure this is the right thread, but developers claim that it's too expensive to do business in Langford...

In today's T-C, journalist Bill Cleverley's article [url=http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=e2a22528-e749-49e0-afa5-970c45057e13&k=77558:e4de5]Langford business costs too steep, developers say[/url:e4de5] reports that some developers want Langford city hall to "back off." A couple of excerpts from the article:

Langford requires developers to set aside 25 per cent of potential developments for greenspace — five times the provincial requirement.

It also requires developers to provide an affordable house (a home that will be sold for $160,000) for every 10 lots created. Developers subdividing fewer than 10 lots pay $2,000 per lot toward the city park fund.

But developers bought into the requirements on the understanding their commitment was to one or the other, not both, several told the planning and zoning committee.

The affordable-housing requirement can take “almost 55 percent of the developer’s cash upfront that he’s buying the land with,” developer Cliff Curtis said. “That becomes a huge issue. That’s why we’re looking at either one or the other.”

They're kvetching about a bunch of other things, too, but it's interesting that the affordable housing issue is on the front burner. Developer Les Bjola (isn't he associated with Bear Mountain, too?) claims that Langford's requirements have “created a huge problem.”

Umm, isn't this the Langford that we hear has bent over and greased up for developers?
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#35 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Reflections looked... completely stalled. There's a hole in the ground, some of the wood-stuff I don't know the name of, and nothing else going on. It's been that way for a while now.

And...

Still completely stalled, last time I drove by.

#36 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 02:47 PM

The condos are still showing on MLS.

#37 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

And the guy is still driving around in his Reflections Hummer.
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#38 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

What's the problem? Is there a shortage of beautiful people who want to live in Langford?

#39 aastra

aastra
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

She seems concerned about the lack of progress.

#40 Savannah

Savannah
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:24 AM

She was in the middle of her session when all of a sudden, her entire store of knowledge about yoga simply vanished, leaving her mystified and concerned.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users