Photo

[Langford] Reflections condo | 6-storeys | Built - completed in 2009

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#61 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:04 PM

That's a pretty big hole ;even by Langford's standards.

#62 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

of the required 190 parking spots, 136 are underground parking.

#63 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

This sure seems like a lot of Re-bar. I wonder if they need such a large footing to support the weight of the roof top pool?

#64 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

the answer is a bit complicated.
to cut down on the amount of slab bands in the suites (to allow head room), there are a few big slab bands which transfer the load to this footing, if i recall correctly.

#65 Icebergalley

Icebergalley
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

That looks like the core of the building... where the elevator shaft will rise...

#66 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

i found this blurb on the times colonist website, buried in with a story about oak bay clotheslines:

A whole lotta shaking going on: You want concrete, Langford's got concrete, or at least it's on order for Wednesday. Bob Gill's Reflections project is having a massive concrete pour over one day that will be even larger than anything completed at Save On Foods Arena. One hundred truckloads will fill a hole that's almost 186 square metres -- roughly the size of a hockey rink -- and more than six metres deep. Soil conditions, which are more of a gravel composition in Langford, require the extra concrete. Also required for the seven-storey condo and commercial project are 181,436 kilograms of rebar. The order for the concrete is to go, which means two trucks rumbling up every 10 minutes to the site near Hoffman Avenue and Veterans Memorial Parkway. And once the concrete starts flowing, there's no stopping. Those working the pump won't have a lunch break for more than 12 hours if relief crews don't show up.

it is not 6 metres deep though, in 1, maybe 2 spots it is, but not throughout.

#67 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

wait, i'm reading that wrong, the hole is 6 metres deep, i thought they meant portions of concrete to be poured, and i was thinking in feet as well

#68 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:22 PM

progress June 21 2007

#69 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the update, ressen.

#70 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:55 PM

Right on. I've been wondering what the status of that project was.

I guess a crane will be going up soon(ish)?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#71 renthefinn

renthefinn
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

Funny to see the journilists of the west shore finally grasping a little bit about the development industry! Though they still have a long way to go!

#72 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

Drove by here the other day and was surprised to see that the construction above the first floor is wood frame not steel and concrete. Perhaps the taller portion will be?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#73 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

yes, the taller protion will be steel and concrete, as well as a few suites on the lower portion.....they use wood where they can because it is cheaper.

#74 ressen

ressen
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

Do you see how the earth meets the sky?

Progress August 27/07

#75 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

U are a funny guy............did you have hopes of being in marketing and fell short digging ditches?.................What has this developemnt done to you to be such a constant basher and actually have time to go and take photos and even more time for your silly one line negative blurbs? Maybe you are the fired contractor???

#76 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

U are a funny guy............did you have hopes of being in marketing and fell short digging ditches?.................What has this developemnt done to you to be such a constant basher and actually have time to go and take photos and even more time for your silly one line negative blurbs? Maybe you are the fired contractor???

Who's being a negative basher?

Aw, now look what you did.

Carry on.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#77 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

This is a forum where people take pictures of developments under construction and post them. Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to take your own pictures and post them. You can add Happy, Positive comments if you would like to.
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#78 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

We are a free spirited bunch and appreciate all points of view if someone doesn't like the building you are working on or designed try to refute their comments in a way to show why you think they are wrong but please don't attack someone personally.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#79 Deegrandmaster

Deegrandmaster
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys, don't take any offense to my comments. I just don't understand why one person spends most of his posts on negative comments. That being Ressen........not just reflections but other projects as well. I am wondering what his or her agenda is. With real professional people spending huge cake on marketing design and sales it seems that negative bashers really do have some insecure program running within. Thats just how I see it. I do enjoy your updates and info and look forward to more. Thanks team

#80 m0nkyman

m0nkyman
  • 729 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Hunh. Of all the people to rip on for being negative, you picked Ressen? That's almost amusing.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users