Non-City of Victoria projects with no threads

• Please log in to reply
1433 replies to this topic

#21 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,784 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

That is what he meant by Johnson and Vancouver. The Bossi project which is amazing by the way if you havn't checked it out.

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

The Bossi project is located here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 LJ

LJ
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

Unfortunately all I see are little red x's and an invalid link.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#24 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:35 PM

I believe the address is 323 windermere. A house has been torn down. The lot, which is at least an acre, sits the on top of Moss Rock, right next the park up there. There's no sign, but it looks pretty major. Lots of blasting and four bulldozers of some kind or another are sitting on the site today. A new sewer line had to be built under the street to service this. Must have been prezoned.

Anybody have any info on this?

#25 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

I believe the address is 323 windermere.

http://www.victoria....pt_24,_2009.pdf mentions it. SFH, Abstract designs is building it. 1400 sqft floorplate.

#26 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Ah. Thanks jklymak.

Maybe I'm being dim, but is it one house, or one house on each lot a and b? I can't quite figure it out.

#27 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I believe the address is 323 windermere. A house has been torn down. The lot, which is at least an acre, sits the on top of Moss Rock, right next the park up there. There's no sign, but it looks pretty major. Lots of blasting and four bulldozers of some kind or another are sitting on the site today. A new sewer line had to be built under the street to service this. Must have been prezoned.

Anybody have any info on this?

Two houses (one being a MFH) were removed. No rezoning. Mike Miller/ Abstract Developments is the developer. Project involves extensive blasting of a very large rock formation on the site (an extension of Moss Rock itself), on the very edge of the property line to the actual Moss Rock Park site. Once the site is leveled, scraped, and prepared for servicing, the plan is to put seven (7) SFHs on site. Price range unknown at this point, but the rumors say anywhere from $1.1m to over $2m each (rumors are based on previous projects by the same developer in the immediate vicinity as well as calls by some neighbors to a realtor who is handling the sales). The working name given to the development is Vue (for "view," get it?).

If you're interested, there is an upcoming public information meeting - not required, since the proponent does not need any sort of rezoning and is proceeding as planned, but the information meeting was requested by neighbors to the development since they were given relatively little advance info. The meeting is set for tomorrow, Nov.16, 7 or 7:30 pm (not sure, exactly) at the Fairfield Community Centre (on Fairfield Rd. next to Sir James Douglas Elementary School), hosted by the Fairfield Community Association and the developer/ proponent, Mike Miller of Abstract Developments.
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#28 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the info Ms B. That's a shocking change.

I can see the site pretty clearly from my bedroom window. There's been a hell of a lot of rock removed.

#29 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,784 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

Is there a thread that anyone knows of for the Sikh Temple in Hillside Quadra?

It is certainly coming along. I hadn't known that they were moving the location so much.

#30 GRT

GRT
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

Two houses (one being a MFH) were removed. No rezoning. Mike Miller/ Abstract Developments is the developer. Project involves extensive blasting of a very large rock formation on the site (an extension of Moss Rock itself), on the very edge of the property line to the actual Moss Rock Park site. Once the site is leveled, scraped, and prepared for servicing, the plan is to put seven (7) SFHs on site. Price range unknown at this point, but the rumors say anywhere from $1.1m to over $2m each (rumors are based on previous projects by the same developer in the immediate vicinity as well as calls by some neighbors to a realtor who is handling the sales). The working name given to the development is Vue (for "view," get it?).

I was up at Moss Rock Park yesterday and it looks as if the blasting is well under way. I could see evidence that sewer lines had been installed.

Does SFH stand for Single Family Homes? It's hard to imagine that they can fit 7 houses in that spot. The view is great, of course, but paying upwards of $1 million for a small house seems a bit rich for me. Who can afford this stuff? Not me . . .

#31 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

^Yes, SFH = single family homes.

I started a thread on this development here.

#32 GRT

GRT
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Thx! I'll check it out there.

#33 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:52 PM

What's the name of the condo building on Doug and Blanshard in JB? The one built in the nineties. You know the one with the pubic art "Night is for sleeping. Day is for resting"?
Is there a thread on this one?

This one.

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

What's the name of the condo building on Doug and Blanshard in JB? The one built in the nineties. You know the one with the pubic art "Night is for sleeping. Day is for resting"?
Is there a thread on this one?

This one.

It's called the Landmark.

#35 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,088 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

It's called the Landmark.

VHF, I remember the goofy building that was in it's place before the Landmark. If my memory serves me correctly it was owned by some sort of weird apartment owner that was always in trouble with building inspectors. Any memory?

#36 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

Thanks VHF.

#37 sailor

sailor
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Don't know if this is the right spot for this but here it is. I just received a notice of community meeting, development proposal for 740 Hillside. I guess it's the first step for Andrew Sheret to move in. New zoning and removal of existing buildings to be discussed.

#38 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Cool, thanks. Keep us posted.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#39 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Have we talked about this one? Construction has begun.

http://theduval.com/the-duval.html

I'm trying to wrap my brain around the phrase "trendy Royal Oak" but admit the area is convenient (Commonwealth pool, lots of shopping and a nearby transit hub).
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#40 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:32 AM

truth is whatever condo marketers want it to be

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users