1450 replies to this topic

#1161 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:14 AM

409-unit. Wow.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1162 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:17 AM

southwest?  no more mckenzie mall?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 November 2020 - 07:17 AM.

#1163 GaryOak

GaryOak
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:44 AM

No more sushi burrito?

#1164 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:11 AM

It was the beginning of the end when Mr Mike’s left. We all know it.
  • Matt R., grantpalin and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1165 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 09:17 AM

Big project for that neighborhood; in spite of living in that general area from 1964-87 the only time I ever went to the MM was to let off a stream of lady finger firecrackers in that concrete parking lot - which produced the most glorious echo as a result of an explosion - at Halloween in 1974 or 5....apparently I won't miss it.

In a away it was a last gasp (locally) of pseudo-Brutalist architecture as it was very distinct when first built due to all that concrete and the straight lines, and I clearly recall the negative reaction to it at the time by many people.

#1166 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:39 PM

Wild! Although it's a tad on the bland side, it'll be a huge improvement for the neighborhood. That intersection will look a lot different over the coming decade.

#1167 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

Will this include the Fairway Market property too or just the McKenzie Professional Centre?

#1168 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:13 PM

Throwback all the way to 2014! https://vibrantvicto...-or-renovation/

#1169 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:24 PM

Will not include fairways, Im pretty sure. Kinda disappointing only 6 storeys is their thinking as if i recall correctly the site supports up to 8 storeys 

Hopefully will be refined throughout the process.  

Will this include the Fairway Market property too or just the McKenzie Professional Centre?

#1170 Lapis Homes

Lapis Homes
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:05 AM

Hi folks,

Following up on Mike's piece on my proposed building at 812 Craigflower (http://victoria.citi...aigflower-road/).

I've made a pretty significant change to the proposal, as well as added more detailing and put together some better renderings. Based on feedback from the community, I wanted to make the development more intereactive and connected to the neighbourhood around it -- so we've added an outdoor/takeaway coffee shop with a mini-plaza to the spot to really connect the building with people around it. 

Happy to hear what you think as I keep my consultation going... More on my website here: https://lapishomes.c...812craigflower 

Ryan Jabs

Attached Images

• Render_1 - Painted-min.jpg

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#1171 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 11:45 AM

Hi folks,

Following up on Mike's piece on my proposed building at 812 Craigflower (http://victoria.citi...aigflower-road/).

I've made a pretty significant change to the proposal, as well as added more detailing and put together some better renderings. Based on feedback from the community, I wanted to make the development more intereactive and connected to the neighbourhood around it -- so we've added an outdoor/takeaway coffee shop with a mini-plaza to the spot to really connect the building with people around it. 

Happy to hear what you think as I keep my consultation going... More on my website here: https://lapishomes.c...812craigflower 

Ryan Jabs

I'm really loving that groundfloor! Overall it looks like a good addition to the neighborhood. I'm not sure I'm feeling the yellow though. In general, I'm finding this panel cladding I keep seeing all over new projects quite bland.

#1172 Lapis Homes

Lapis Homes
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:31 PM

Thanks

I'm really loving that groundfloor! Overall it looks like a good addition to the neighborhood. I'm not sure I'm feeling the yellow though. In general, I'm finding this panel cladding I keep seeing all over new projects quite bland.

Thanks! And I agree on the ground floor. Super excited about it.

On the cladding and colour, I'm going to be bringing it to the Esquimalt design committees in the next few months and will see what they say about the colouring and panel cladding. I like it and really think the area needs a good dose of colouring... but I'm looking forward to discussing more on that. It won't be set until the DP process, which will be in another eight months or so, so lots of time to consider it.

• Brantastic likes this

#1173 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:57 PM

We're a couple of blocks over in the Selkirk neighborhood - I like this one: IMO any new builds along Craigflower will be nothing but an improvement. Over time hopefully many of those older tired and unflattering 3-4 floor apartments fronting onto Craigflower, which have been there for decades in some cases, will go the way of the dodo. Nice!

• Nparker and Lapis Homes like this

#1174 newbie_01

newbie_01
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 03:47 PM

Here's a new house on a 30 foot wide lot in south Oak Bay, at 2635 Margate Ave. - https://www.sellvict...858641-oak-bay/

Looking at the floor plan of the two level house it reads like a single-wide trailer home. Interesting for South Oak Bay!  ^_^ 

Map - https://maps.google....635 Margate Ave

#1175 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:03 AM

Members of a Langford group opposing an apartment complex on their street say they are heading toward the first stages of legal action against the municipality.

J. Scott of Fairway Neighbours Unite said the group’s lawyer is being directed to approach B.C.’s ombudsman’s office and to look into the Local Government Act and Community Charter to determine how efforts should proceed.

https://www.timescol...ency-1.24261177

#1176 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:36 AM

At least they are honest NIMBYs.

#1177 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:39 AM

Didn’t Langford blanket up-zone that corridor for taller buildings? Like some time ago?

Know it all.

#1178 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 09:53 AM

Langford has zoning?

• Brantastic and Victoria Watcher like this

#1179 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:13 AM

At least they are honest NIMBYs.

The image on their website depicting a single-family-home next to the massing of the towers indicates otherwise. A person on the aerial view looks about as tall as 1.5-storeys next to their photoshopped example of a house.

Know it all.

#1180 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 10:17 AM

I just mean they are honest about being NIMBYs, not that they are necessarily telling an honest story.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)