The Victoria Economy Thread

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#721 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 44,860 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:22 AM

So 1-in-5 "retirees" being in the labour force and children working at your local fast food restaurant are just a figment of our imagination?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#722 jonny

jonny
  • 8,486 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

So 1-in-5 "retirees" being in the labour force and children working at your local fast food restaurant are just a figment of our imagination?

Is this supposed to relate to my post somehow?

• LeoVictoria likes this

#723 tjv

tjv
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

What I am not sure is out of that, how many are working because they want to/bored or because they need the money.  Its probably 50/50 IMO

• jonny and sdwright.vic like this

#724 spanky123

spanky123
  • 10,131 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

I think what he is referring to is that Statscan only counts people who are actively looking for work in its counts. If you have a large population of retired folks it tends to drive down the overall unemployment rates as they are not counted as unemployed.

• Mike K. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.