Rifflandia Music Festival

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#421 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,041 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:17 AM

Will there even be single day passes sold if the event sells out with packages before the day passes are intended to go on sale?

Probably not, but I think capacity is quite high, not sure if it ever sells completely out.

This thread says Superpasses sell out, but there are always day passes:

https://www.reddit.c...ckets_sell_out/

This thread also says they get 3x the number of volunteer applications than they need.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 May 2023 - 05:20 AM.

#422 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 05:47 AM

It’s over $110 in fees for the VIP pass.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#423 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:52 AM

Will they be offering seniors discounts this year, so the old folks can go see Salt N Pepa and the rest of the oldies?
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#424 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 11:07 AM

Dasmo offered to push me in my wheelchair to see ST!

#425 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 09:59 AM

It’s over $110 in fees for the VIP pass.

Yep, I love that the charity donation part of the $710 is $1!

I have never heard of 95% of the bands in the lineup so I don't know if it is good or bad. What I can vouch for though is that event tickets for ANYTHING are crazy this year.  An ok pair of tickets (ie you can see the band without having to watch the video screen) to see Springstein will cost you close to a grand and the guy is 73! 

So much for inflation and the cost of living making life unaffordable, obviously there are lots of people with big bucks still willing to fill venues.

• Matt R. likes this

#426 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 11:13 AM

… and airplanes and Tokyo and Iceland and on and on. People are spending like crazy still.

#427 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 09:07 AM

According to a 2022 study, 37 per cent of festival-goers use cannabis.

Rifflandia says offering Health Canada-certified products through a licensed retailer and delivery company with strict age verification and security processes will help to provide a safe and traceable supply.

Orders will be able to be placed in advance or in real time.

The festival is asking attendees to leave their stash at home.

Rifflandia’s Electric Avenue is taking place downtown in the Arts and Innovation District from Sept. 7 to 9. The lineup features Paris Hilton performing a DJ set, Run The Jewels, Chris Lake and A-Trak.

The Park festival runs from Sept. 15 to 17 at Royal Athletic Park, and the lineup includes Iggy Pop, Diplo, Salt-N-Pepa, Herbie Hancock and Stephen Marley.

https://www.vicnews....estival-3021314

Where are they to go to smoke it? Don’t our smoking laws prevent consumption most places?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 August 2023 - 09:08 AM.

#428 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 09:09 AM

In addition, you may not smoke in playgrounds, community or municipal parks and playing fields. You are also not permitted to smoke within 3 metres (almost 10 feet) of any doorway leading into any public places. This includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes & e-cigarettes and cannabis products.

https://visitorinvic...y public places.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 28 August 2023 - 09:09 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#429 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,752 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 09:37 AM

...Rifflandia’s Electric Avenue is taking place downtown in the Arts and Innovation District...

Where exactly is this? Why not give an address or even just a street name?

#430 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 09:45 AM

Pembroke between Store and Government.

#431 m3m

m3m
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 10:58 AM

I imagine there’s a lot of edibles / drinks that will be sold that don’t require smoking

#432 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 11:26 AM

No doubt there will be a smoking tent, next to the beer garden and video game centre. :banana:

#433 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 August 2023 - 08:56 PM

Where exactly is this? Why not give an address or even just a street name?

In previous years it was centered around a main stage at the Phillips Brewery loading dock.  They've much of it l about a stone's throw to the north as shown https://rifflandia.com/electric-avenue

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#434 FawltyVic

FawltyVic
  • 396 posts
  • LocationGreater Victoria

Posted 29 August 2023 - 10:13 PM

I'm looking at purchasing tickets for the day Iggy Pop is performing.

The tickets are roughly $150 each, but the guy is a legend. My friend really wants to see him on stage.

#435 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,041 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:30 AM

The first of three days of all-ages programming at Royal Athletic Park gets underway at 3 p.m. Friday, and serves as the daytime/early evening counterpart to the 19+ area at Electric Avenue, the festival’s late night instalment. Electric Avenue, held at the Matullia Holdings land adjacent to Phillips Brewery, drew a record crowd of 8,000 last week during its Saturday finale, setting a single-day record for Electric Avenue attendance in the process.

Blasko said he expects a similar turnout for most days at The Park this weekend, which would set a new overall attendance record for Rifflandia.

“We could come out of this with an all-time record. We’ll see.”

Grammy nominees Run the Jewels and social media favourite Paris Hilton, who remained on site for an hour following her DJ performance to sign autographs and pose for photos with fans, were effusive in their support of the event following their Electric Avenue sets, Blasko said. “For the artists, the festival is big enough but it is also intimate. Everyone feels very taken care of. The thing about playing Victoria, you’re not playing in front of a group of people who are seeing a concert every day of the week. You have people who have been waiting decades to see some of these artists.”

https://www.timescol...flandia-7543578

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 September 2023 - 05:30 AM.

#436 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,558 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:34 AM

The backwater of music fans!

The thing about playing Victoria, you’re not playing in front of a group of people who are seeing a concert every day of the week. You have people who have been waiting decades to see some of these artists.”

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#437 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,041 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 05:35 AM

Lol.  Good for them if they set a record though.  It's quite an eclectic line-up.

I've known about Iggy Pop for "decades" but I'm still not going to see him.

Good on Paris Hilton staying for photos and autographs for an hour, too.  And that photo back at the Hilton Hotel with staff.  Reports are she is a very nice person. 

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 September 2023 - 05:37 AM.

#438 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 06:59 AM

It’s a good addition to our music scene here. Congrats on a great revival.

#439 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,752 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 05:17 PM

The sounds of Rifflandia @ RAP are starting to drift my way now. Hopefully it will quiet down by bedtime. 

fingers-crossed-emoji.png

#440 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,041 posts

Posted 15 September 2023 - 09:06 PM

Well I made it over for ST and Marc Rebillet.
Both sets too short and both pretty awesome.

Cyco Miko got a whole whack of fans up on stage at the end, he’s a great frontman and always on the positive tip.

$150 well spent. Thanks, Sobeys!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)