Victoria Construction Rumour Thread + Info on Projects With No Dedicated Thread

• Please log in to reply
3783 replies to this topic

#1 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

I don't think we have one of these yet. Here's the first rumour: I heard that there are no rumours in Victoria. In other words, anybody can find out everything about any project just by reading a newspaper or watching tv, etc.

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:14 AM

Or reading it here.

#3 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:04 AM

but people post links from newspapers or info from a tv show

#4 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:08 AM

I heard Zimquats topped the list of VibrantVictoria's Hot 100!!

(that boy is so cute)

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

And which of your personalities told you that zim?;)

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hey wow, I just read that somewhere...

The reason we have no rumours is because in Victoria 6 degrees of separation has been boiled down to one. So if you hear of something you just have to turn around and ask the person next to you, and they will have been an eyewitness to whatever it was.

#7 KublaKhan

KublaKhan
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I heard a rumour that Led Zeppelin is going to play a gig in the Inner Harbour on that giant raft thingy.

#8 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Here's the first rumour: I heard that there are no rumours in Victoria. In other words, anybody can find out everything about any project just by reading a newspaper or watching tv, etc.

Seriously? In Victoria that's a great way to find out about something two weeks after it happens.

I've always felt like rumours rule the day in this town. Official info always seems to be lacking, hence the rumours. And the local news tends to be one step behind the rumours, rather than inspiring/generating the rumours. Just consider how much "hard news" has been generated by the rumours and info on this very site.

#9 aastra

aastra
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

The reason we have no rumours is because in Victoria 6 degrees of separation has been boiled down to one. So if you hear of something you just have to turn around and ask the person next to you, and they will have been an eyewitness to whatever it was.

Unless, of course, you're trying to solve a murder. When a serious crime occurs, Victoria's criminal underworld suddenly becomes an overwhelmingly vast morass of conflicting information and false leads.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

The Tyee Co-op in Vic West may be planning a residential tower to help offset badly needed remediations of townhome units.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

The Tyee Co-op in Vic West may be planning a residential tower to help offset badly needed remediations of townhome units.

Interesting rumour...is your source reliable?

#12 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

Since it's just rumours...

1. Capella has stalled (at least 6 months, likely a year).
2. Scansa will be moving to complete concrete work at Silkwind, which will start in about 2 months. Might be teamed with Willowleaf, with Kinetic still as Construction Manager.
3. Construction will stop at Dockside indefinately after the buildings that are under construction are finished.
4. Zimquats is still the hottest person on this forum.

I'd be willing to bet at least 2/4 of these pan out.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Are you sure? Capella is already under construction with a crane delivery expected next month and excavation continues on the third phase of Dockside.

Granted the news about Capella is from the developer's mouth so it might be PR, but excavation is definitely taking place at Dockside.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:46 PM

^I suspect Zimquats is using old rumour info about Dockside.

Speaking of the Tyee Co-op. They approached Dockside before construction of phase 1. They wanted to collaborate with DG to develop something because its dire need for remediation. I hadn't heard anything about it since. So I wonder of Three Points is involved somehow. I don't have any current info though.

#15 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Check out the Dockside project office.

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

For good news or bad?

Know it all.

#17 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:49 PM

So if you are discrediting 2/4 of them does that mean Zimquats is hotter than Mike K? Yowsa!

#18 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

^That's yet to be determined.

#19 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,786 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

I was there today and they went through the whole thing with me dockside is fine.

#20 Zimquats

Zimquats
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:31 AM

Like I says...rumours (albeit all very recent, like last few days).

I think in the coming weeks if 1-3 pan out, you guys have to give me #4 by default :)

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

aastra, Bing (1), G-Man