Photo

Victoria Construction Rumour Thread + Info on Projects With No Dedicated Thread

• Please log in to reply
3804 replies to this topic

#561 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

Will the new development encompass all of the massive parking lot that currently occupies this space?

esq.JPG

esq2.JPG

esq3.JPG

I would think underground parking is a must.

#562 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:03 AM

Does any one know what they are building next to the queens manor homeless shelter on douglas? There seems to have been a fair bit of progress recently

#563 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

Oh yeah, right, I saw something was going on over there. Looks like a single storey structure, whatever it is.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#564 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:32 AM

It looked the the foundation for a oil change place. You know thr deeper section that allow someone to stand under your car?

Edited by sdwright.vic, 11 April 2016 - 06:14 AM.

Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#565 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

A small townhouse development at St. Lawrence and Michigan is nearing completion.

• Nparker likes this

#566 allstonj

allstonj
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

All four units had sold stickers on them until recently. The window cleaner removed them a few days ago.

Up the street at 300 Michigan, the sign says only two units are left.

#567 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

A small townhouse development at St. Lawrence and Michigan is nearing completion.

Do you have a link to the project? Looks cool. 

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#568 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

We don't lots of info, but here's some: http://victoria.citi.../4-at-the-park/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#569 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:25 AM

Just a block or so away, the Dallas Pointe townhouses on Ontario aren't being snapped up quite so quickly. The fact they are right across the street from the FAS fish operation could be what's holding them back.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#570 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

Just a block or so away, the Dallas Pointe townhouses on Ontario aren't being snapped up quite so quickly. The fact they are right across the street from the FAS fish operation could be what's holding them back.

Dallas Pointe.  It looks nice.

FAS across the street, but it is a quiet street.

• Hotel Mike likes this

#571 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

^ Why the small top-floor windows?  Odd.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#572 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:52 PM

Dallas Pointe.  It looks nice. DSC03511.JPG...

Can we get a row of these along the entire north side of the 1000 block of Mason Street please?

#573 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

Can we get a row of these along the entire north side of the 1000 block of Mason Street please?

I have always advocated more like, this for the 1000-blk. Mason, north side:

grand-cornell-ph2-2.jpg

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#574 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:21 PM

I'd love to see that on Mason Street VHF, but I thought I'd set the benchmark a little lower.

#575 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

Actually those Dallas Pointe townhouses seem very well built. That part of Ontario is generally a quiet street, but the fish store is a seven-day-a-week operation and can be pretty noisy. The number 31 bus goes down that block to come back around down St. Lawrence and then to Erie for its terminus stop. That could be eliminated when BC Transit irons out its plans for new James Bay routes.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#576 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

Actually those Dallas Pointe townhouses seem very well built. That part of Ontario is generally a quiet street, but the fish store is a seven-day-a-week operation and can be pretty noisy. The number 31 bus goes down that block to come back around down St. Lawrence and then to Erie for its terminus stop. That could be eliminated when BC Transit irons out its plans for new James Bay routes.

I always thought James Bay would be the perfect place to experiment with a smaller, lighter "collector bus".  Rather than running those big 30/31s through.  A couple nice collector buses feeding the Legislature terminus could probably cover a bit more ground more frequently in James Bay, which could be a help to its senior population.

• Nparker likes this

#577 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:42 AM

James Bay would be a great place for BC Transit to both run a loop collector bus, and trial an electric bus.  See if electric buses work in a low speed area of Victoria, get the rumbling, polluting diesel engines out of a highly populated neighbourhood (thereby increasing willingness for people to have buses go down their street), and better serve the population. Run a loop from behind the leg, down Superior, up Ontario, along Niagara, do a loop around James Bay Square, back to Niagara and down Government to Blashard, run quickly to downtown (for connectors) and back to the leg.

Wrong thread though :)

"I know nothing"

#578 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,774 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Several properties at Johnson and Chambers, on the northwest corner, has been fenced off...Cascadia Architects has this project designed for that lot...

Anything further on this project? It seems like the lot clearing/demolition took place and then nothing.

#579 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

My understanding is Kang and Gill are still moving forward on this project.

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

Know it all.

#580 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

what's happening at the old farmer's construction office & the building with the marine supply place next door? they've both been torn down. there's also a new building going on the wedge-shaped lot on douglas next to the bay st armoury.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users