#562 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

You're on a roll today :)

This is fantastic.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#563 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

October 15, 2015 Times Colonist

Oak Bay Beach Hotel put up for sale, price unlikely to cover debts 

The Oak Bay Beach Hotel’s receiver plans to put the “trophy property” on the market next week with the goal of confirming a sale by March.  

#564 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:09 AM

Unlikely? Expected to sell for less than $75M. $140M owing.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#565 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:49 AM

Bourree said it is a good time to take the Oak Bay Beach Hotel to market. The property has 100 hotel units and 20 condo units.

The value of most Canadian hotels is climbing and the industry is “having a record year,” Bourree said. The hotel’s desirable features include the quality of construction, waterfront location, strong management and marketing initiatives, he said.

Chinese buyers, who have been active in the B.C. hotel market in recent years, and North American investors will probably vie for the property, Bourree said. He figures it will sell for close to $71.6 million, the value of the construction loan owed to a five-member syndicate. The property’s most recent assessed value is $66 million.

Receiver Mike Bell said in a report this week that for the construction lenders to get full recovery on their money, proceeds (net of transaction costs and fees) of $75 million are needed. Even if the construction loan is paid off, that would leave the rest of the creditors — including 49 bondholders who invested in hotel suites and condominiums — out of luck, not to mention several trades and other creditors.

http://www.timescolo...ector-1.2087306

#566 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

There has been an explosion in the kitchen of the hotel. Emergency crews are responding.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#567 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

That last "WOOF" you hear....ain't no dog.
  • sebberry likes this

#568 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

http://www.timescolo...h.g8k5tpLH.dpuf

Times Colonist -- December 27, 2015 11:22 AM

Can explodes, causes minor injuries at hotel

.........But it turned out that a container about the size of a can of whipped cream had exploded about 8 a.m., causing a minor injury to one staff member, said Const. Chris Goudie.

Other than the injured staffer, "it's a non-issue," he said.

#569 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

It was probably a can of worms.

• johnk, todd and Daveyboy like this

#570 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

New owner on the horizon, could know who as early as Monday.

http://vancouverisla...roval-1.2793530

Anybody wanna take bets?

Nat Bosa?

Ken and Patricia Mariash?

Randy Wright?

David Foster?

John Travolta?

Weiwei Li, Yulu Zhang and Dongxia Zhang?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#571 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

Jawls?
Fairmont maybe? A big hotel chain could be a huge boon for business. Imagine if it were a Four Seasons.

Know it all.

#572 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:37 AM

Oak Bay Marine Group?

#573 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

Oak Bay Marine Group?

I think they are getting out of that business.

http://www.timescolo...sorts-1.2167052

I actually think it'll be some off-shore investor we've never heard of.  It's a pretty attractive property, and the timing is right with our dollar.  5 years ago, it was 7 Chinese Yuan to 1 Canadian dollar.  Today it floats well under 5.

#574 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

I think they are getting out of that business.

http://www.timescolo...sorts-1.2167052

I actually think it'll be some off-shore investor we've never heard of.  It's a pretty attractive property, and the timing is right with our dollar.  5 years ago, it was 7 Chinese Yuan to 1 Canadian dollar.  Today it floats well under 5.

Or just changing the business, but you may be correct, will take bets via private message.

#575 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

New owner on the horizon, could know who as early as Monday.

http://vancouverisla...roval-1.2793530

Anybody wanna take bets?

Nat Bosa?

Ken and Patricia Mariash?

Randy Wright?

David Foster?

John Travolta?

Weiwei Li, Yulu Zhang and Dongxia Zhang?

Foster. He already has his piano in the lobby.

• Nparker and todd like this

#576 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

I just got off the phone with my buddy who has some skin in the game that he won't get back.

Apparently there were 20 or so parties interested in the sale that were then qualified down to about a dozen. From there 5 or 6 were shortlisted to the 'offer" stage.

The bidding process however is not necessarily "all or none". Offers could be made on the hotel and not the condos or visa versa. Potential owners could also buy shares in the Walker's company and keep them in the game. There also could be more than one purchaser.

Stay tuned....

#577 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

I just got off the phone with my buddy who has some skin in the game that he won't get back.

Apparently there were 20 or so parties interested in the sale that were then qualified down to about a dozen. From there 5 or 6 were shortlisted to the 'offer" stage.

The bidding process however is not necessarily "all or none". Offers could be made on the hotel and not the condos or visa versa. Potential owners could also buy shares in the Walker's company and keep them in the game. There also could be more than one purchaser.

Stay tuned....

What kind of spa do they operate?

#578 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Foster. He already has his piano in the lobby.

UPDATE

Went by today and the piano is gone, but the Rolls is still out front...for now.

#579 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

The betting (verging on fervent "hope"based on some comments) on several local F-B groups is that its Travolta or a group including him apparently because he supposedly owns a few properties in this area and on the south island. Dunno. Personally I could care less although if he were involved perhaps he'd open up a "Scientology North" campus.....

#580 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

Travolta is Robert Shapiro in the OJ drama... and OMG what did he have done to his face.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users