BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#721 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

There are rules and regulations that can be decided on and enforced. It won't just be a free-for-all. And breweries aren't emitting smells 24 hours a day, 365 days a week.

Besides, there's currently nothing stopping from a restaurant locating right next door and making all sorts of smells. At least with a tenant on the property the residents have a lot of control over their operating habits.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#722 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Besides, there's currently nothing stopping from a restaurant locating right next door and making all sorts of smells. At least with a tenant on the property the residents have a lot of control over their operating habits.

Presumably with it right on site, the owners can just end the application right now, it's their building, not Townline's.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#723 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

But Townline controls the commercial, not the residents. It's like cell towers atop residential buildings.

And the brewery could be located anywhere, not necessarily in The Hudson.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#724 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

But Townline controls the commercial, not the residents. It's like cell towers atop residential buildings.

Let me spell it out.  You own a building in common with a commercial tenant/owner.   In no way does he control zoning of the entire property.  The property only has one zoning, there is not one for the commercial and one for the residential.  So you can't just say Townline can do what it wants, especially a re-zoning.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#725 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hmmmmm..... I did not notice that before.

post-2955-0-37976600-1439909203.jpg

#726 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Hudson is registered as an Air Space Parcel which means that the residential portion of the building is a separate legal entity than the retail part which is owned by Townline.  

#727 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

They are seeking the amendments on Hudson Walk phase 2 as well, the City also sent a notice out for 755 Caledonia.

#728 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Hudson is registered as an Air Space Parcel which means that the residential portion of the building is a separate legal entity than the retail part which is owned by Townline.  

Legal entity maybe, but now it looks like the zoning is for the whole city block.  I dunno....

#729 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Legal entity maybe, but now it looks like the zoning is for the whole city block.  I dunno....

Air Space Parcel according to BC Land Title Act http://www.bclaws.ca...ct/96250_09.xml.   It's a separate parcel, just like two lots siting somewhere side by side with the same zoning classification.   They likely share common building systems and/or insurance with agreements but they are separate, or at least that's how I interpret it.

#730 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Air Space Parcel according to BC Land Title Act http://www.bclaws.ca...ct/96250_09.xml.   It's a separate parcel, just like two lots siting somewhere side by side with the same zoning classification.   They likely share common building systems and/or insurance with agreements but they are separate, or at least that's how I interpret it.

OK, that makes sense.  It's over my head I guess.

#731 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

I guess they can't serve beer samples at the Community Meeting? :wave:

#732 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:08 PM

So you bought in a building that had on-site pulled pork being cooked all day and it bothers you that it's now going to smell like beer?

I know of no such demographic where one of those smells is enjoyed and the other is considered repulsive.

He bought there because the pulled pork being cooked kept the Muslims out of the building, now it could go to heck.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#733 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

if they're thinking of a brewpub isn't the old smoken bones location the obvious place for one? it's still vacant & definitely big enough. looks like someone's already thought of that

Kelly said the Hudson district has brought renewed interest and activity to what had been a fringe area of the downtown between Fisgard Street and Caledonia Avenue. “Undeniably, the Hudson has provided stabilization and it is going to be a strong hub along with [office development] 1515 Douglas and Hudson Walk,” he said. “So it means both night time and day time demand for a brewpub.”

Where a brewer might set up shop within one of the developments in the district, however, is still up for debate.

Colbeck said it’s too early to tell. However, he did note there has been an offer from a potential tenant for the 4,900 square feet of space in the Hudson that used to house Smoken Bones. The BBQ restaurant closed in 2014 after two years.

Colbeck said he couldn’t name the tenant nor could he confirm if it was a brewer.

http://www.timescolo...trict-1.2039583

Edited by amor de cosmos, 25 August 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#734 pontcanna

pontcanna
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

Never mind, T-C article already referenced. Carry on :)

Edited by pontcanna, 25 August 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#735 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:28 PM

if they're thinking of a brewpub isn't the old smoken bones location the obvious place for one? it's still vacant & definitely big enough. looks like someone's already thought of that

http://www.timescolo...trict-1.2039583

I suspect they are not going through this unless they have a proponent in place.

#736 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

Well, not necessarily. Roundhouse did the same thing. It's good to have all bases covered while you're building out the rest of your development site. That area will be a ground zero for all sorts of commercial activities and Townline doesn't want to miss a step.

Know it all.

#737 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Photos from August 28th

Attached Images

• IMG_6155.JPG
  • IMG_6157.JPG
  • IMG_6159.JPG

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#738 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Photos from Sept 11th

Attached Images

• IMG_6275.JPG
  • IMG_6280.JPG
  • IMG_6282.JPG
  • IMG_6287.JPG

#739 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:31 AM

image.jpg
  • Nparker likes this

#740 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,776 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Photos from Sept 18th

Attached Images

• IMG_6338.JPG
  • IMG_6334.JPG
  • IMG_6343.JPG
  • IMG_6347.JPG

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users