BUILT
Hudson Walk Two
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 755 Caledonia Ave
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 15
Hudson Walk Two is a 15-storey mixed-use rental tower with a commercial ground floor. The building is situated... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Walk Two on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Walk | Rentals; commercial | Phase 1: 16-storeys | Built - completed in 2016 | Phase 2: 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2017

Office Commercial Rental

• Please log in to reply
1266 replies to this topic

#741 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

Sept 18

Attached Images

• IMG_6339.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#742 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

Can't believe windows and exterior paint are already happening here!

#743 western

western
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

I found Paul Merrick's original concept sketch showing the NE corner spire. What could have been, eh?

136557243.jpg

Wow. Instead we get a boring box? If this project was the one approved, it would have been envied in Toronto (I live in Toronto). If the current Hudson Walk was approved for Toronto it would have been considered between the lines of fugly and boring. The point I want to make is that Victoria deserves unique buildings. The city is not just a major tourist attraction for BC but all of Canada. Why not make it a major tourist attraction of the world? I think its not too late to transform Vic into a Paris of Canada. Victoria has all it needs to become one if they don't waste land on boring/ugly projects like the Hudson Walk/Era etc. etc. 

Edited by western, 19 September 2015 - 12:34 PM.

• jonny likes this

#744 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

If the current Hudson Walk was approved for Toronto it would have been considered between the lines of fugly and boring.

So a normal building by Toronto's standards then?*

*everybody just relax

Edited by aastra, 19 September 2015 - 02:59 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#745 western

western
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:41 PM

So a normal building by Toronto's standards then?*

*everybody just relax

I'm chill. I just want Victoria to be unique from all the other cities in Canada. Toronto is having the same problem with identical condos going up everywhere. Vic might not notice it yet but it gets quite hideous when you are walking down the street. Don't want that to happen to my hometown. 

Question: Why aren't they building those condos with triangular roofs anymore? Those look very nice.

#746 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

I was just making a joke about Torontonian insecurities in general. That wasn't directed at you specifically.

You're familiar with the model of Radius, right? If not, I don't know if you really want to see it.

Edited by aastra, 19 September 2015 - 05:50 PM.

#747 western

western
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

I was just making a joke about Torontonian insecurities in general. That wasn't directed at you specifically.

You're familiar with the model of Radius, right? If not, I don't know if you really want to see it.

Okay... I can guess what its about. 

Please explain the model of the "Radius" to me I didn't know about this.

Edited by western, 19 September 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#748 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

Radius (this came after the sketch above and this is what they were supposed to be building when they dug the big hole that preceded the current construction):

Radius-project-cancelled-in-early-2008.j

#749 western

western
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

omg.

Why would the city decide to miss out on that. 

I personally don't like this minimalist movement in architecture. 

eg. Sussex building. 

#750 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Sigh. It was beautiful. We don't need reminders. It was the property crash of 2008 that sealed this one not the City.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#751 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Never liked it. Not broken up enough.

#752 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

Wow. Instead we get a boring box? If this project was the one approved, it would have been envied in Toronto (I live in Toronto). If the current Hudson Walk was approved for Toronto it would have been considered between the lines of fugly and boring. The point I want to make is that Victoria deserves unique buildings. The city is not just a major tourist attraction for BC but all of Canada. Why not make it a major tourist attraction of the world? I think its not too late to transform Vic into a Paris of Canada. Victoria has all it needs to become one if they don't waste land on boring/ugly projects like the Hudson Walk/Era etc. etc. 

What downtown Victoria needs is PEOPLE to make it interesting, PEOPLE will support interesting businesses, retail, restaurants,..that is what tourists want.   The box is the right step forward to doing that.

Edited by smartstart, 20 September 2015 - 07:02 AM.

• jonny likes this

#753 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,402 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

I don't think interesting architecture and more people downtown need to be mutually exclusive. That being said, I don't mind the design of the Hudson Walk buildings. They are certainly a vast improvement over the giant hole that has sat there for far too long.

#754 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

I was at the Victoria Public Market yesterday. I walked outside in the Mews area. Now that the townhouses of Hudson Walk are taking shape, this truly feels like a mini neighbourhood...I guess the Hudson District. If it really succeeds in being a draw, this will truly move downtown north. BTW, there was a dark blue Lambo parked right in the Mews. 

• Nparker likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#755 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Is there an eta for the public alley being completed?  I know the tower is supposed to have occupancy for fall, but presumably the alley could open far before then.

#756 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:21 PM

I was at the Victoria Public Market yesterday. I walked outside in the Mews area. Now that the townhouses of Hudson Walk are taking shape, this truly feels like a mini neighbourhood...I guess the Hudson District. If it really succeeds in being a draw, this will truly move downtown north. BTW, there was a dark blue Lambo parked right in the Mews. 

The whole Hudson District master project seemed to be on shakey ground for a while, but if Townline actually constructs the remaining 3 towers it's going to be pretty awesome for downtown. To have the whole downtown area from the Leg to the arena built out and full of ground floor businesses and residents will be pretty cool. 

• dasmo likes this

#757 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

There has always been such a no mans land dead zone from Johnson to the Bay. I agree with you that with door to door new buildings and the potential for many store fronts it will be a contiguous hub of activity like you say. During the era of department stores in Victoria's downtown..Marks & Spencer, ,Eaton's, Woolworth,Metropolitan The Bay seemed far away down on Fisgard.

#758 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

The blue Lambo is frequently parked in the Mews,  Stroll through the residential parkade levels and you'd be amazed at some of the cars down there...a couple of Porsches, new M3s/M4s, tricked out Mustangs, A few Evoques, some sort of Volvo "R" wagon and a TT that's been "Hello Kittyed".   Take a guess at the renter demographic in that building...lots of rich kids...mostly who just hang out and I guess go to UVic?  Of course along with there are some real junkers parked down there as well.

Edited by smartstart, 23 September 2015 - 12:51 PM.

• Hotel Mike likes this

#759 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:10 PM

Photos from Sept 25th

Attached Images

• Hudson 1.JPG
  • Hudson 2.JPG
  • Hudson 3.JPG
  • Hudson 4.JPG

#760 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

Photos from October 2nd

Attached Images

• Hudson Walk - Oct 2.JPG
  • Hudson Walk 2 - Oct 2.JPG
  • Hudson Walk 3 - Oct 2.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users