1564 replies to this topic

#1561 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,696 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

It was your bag, wasn’t it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1562 mbjj

mbjj
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

Here's the one I saw whilst admiring the Welsh countryside, lol

https://www.google.c...56!9m2!1b1!2i26

#1563 todd

todd
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:11 AM

It was your bag, wasn’t it?

Where did you see it last?

#1564 todd

todd
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

Most reusable bags are petroleum based if you really want to look and like you’re doing something you got to get hemp fibre.

#1565 FogPub

FogPub
  • 199 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

Paper bags do take a lot of energy to produce. That's why the city has imposed a mandatory charge. Bring your own reusable bag!

I used to get my groceries bagged in plastic. Once home the bags would get put in a drawer and sit there until the drawer got full. Occasionally I would grab a bag for garbage or another use. But ultimately I ended up either tossing most of them or bringing them to be "recycled".

I'll take your (collective) word for it that paper takes more energy to produce than plastic, though I'm surprised by this.

As for plastic bags - every plastic bag we ever brought home soon saw a second life as a garbage bag; it was rare that they ever piled up at all.  Now - as we still need just as many garbage bags as before - we have to buy Glad bags instead.

• Nparker, todd, Midnightly and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users