CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#41 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Easingwood announced today that he was down to 1 hour per day. 9-10am I think.

#42 larrobb

larrobb
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

also heard that Murray Langdon is taking on the rest of the morning talk timeslot and that Adam Stirling will do the afternoon show. here's hoping, right from the start, that Adam can pull himself back from his usual over-the-top self and slow down a little. the only thing faster than his delivery and righteousness are the hands of listeners reaching to change the station. Terry Moore....aren't you tired of retirement yet? your professionalism and pleasant presence would be most welcome once again!

#43 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Easingwood announced today that he was down to 1 hour per day. 9-10am I think.

Yahooooooo! Let me know when he is down to 0 hours and I can start listening to CFAX again.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#44 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

also heard that Murray Langdon is taking on the rest of the morning talk timeslot !

That's good news. He is always well prepared and knowledgable when he interviews somebody.

#45 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

Anybody know how the talk-shows line up now that Easingwood is 9-10am only?

http://www.cfax1070....php?talkshows=1

#46 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Anybody know how the talk-shows line up now that Easingwood is 9-10am only?

http://www.cfax1070....php?talkshows=1

I was surprised to hear this morning that he has been dropped to one hour a day.

#47 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:39 AM

CFAX is 50 this week. And apparently, Joe Easingwood is pushing 90. This morning he had a guy from monster.ca on, and said, "wow, I love the name". Then when the guy told him they had been around since 1995, Joe said "how come we've never heard of you then?". Yikes. All last week Easingwood was asking people not to use his voicemail, because it was patchy. I'm not even sure what that means.

#48 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

Joe should seriously check out teh internets.You can watch moving pictures, check the latest railroad and steamship timetables, even scope out pictures of swell dames.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#49 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

He's at least in good company with most of his elderly listeners.

#50 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

CFAX is 50 this week. And apparently, Joe Easingwood is pushing 90. This morning he had a guy from monster.ca on, and said, "wow, I love the name". Then when the guy told him they had been around since 1995, Joe said "how come we've never heard of you then?". Yikes. All last week Easingwood was asking people not to use his voicemail, because it was patchy. I'm not even sure what that means.

He has to be the most totally uninformed person ever to have his own show. The one hour he is down to now is 60 minutes too long.

He must have some sort of ironclad clause in his contract about being fired for the management to leave him on the air. Maybe they could move him to 4am or something so at least he would be an embarrassment to fewer listeners.

#51 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

Did Cfax ever play music? When did they stop in favor of all-day talk and news?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#52 victorian fan

victorian fan
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Originally C-FAX was "your good music station"
The "more music, less talk" station .

#53 Jacques Cadé

Jacques Cadé
  • 932 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:38 AM

CFAX poll today: "Should Freedom of Expression rights apply to media corporations? (as in, should they have to air commercials even if they don’t like the message?)"

In April the Vancouver-based Adbusters Media Foundation won the right to sue CanWest Global and the CBC for refusing to broadcast Adbusters' anti-consumerist messages. Adbusters argued that their right to free expression was infringed by the broadcasters, who should be subject to the Charter of Rights because they use the publicly-owned airwaves. Story here.

So far, the results are 95 Yes to 38 No. To vote, click here.

#54 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Of all days to not bother updating their news items, CFAX chooses today, the day that the TC doesn't publish..:confused:

sigh...

http://www.cfax1070.com/

#55 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Funny thing is that it was a time-sensitive program about artist Ted Harrison's book launch that had happened a week before.

In 1994 (I was around 10) I went to a Ted Harrison book thing at the library and he was showing how easy it was to draw. He drew a moose and when it was done I asked for it and he signed it for me.

Still on my wall: (click for bigger)

As for today's news poll:

Should authorities have the power to force homeless people into shelters or jail during extreme weather?

Yes 174 53%
No 156 47%
Total: 330 100%

Hopefully those numbers turn around later today.:mad:

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#56 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

Should authorities have the power to force homeless people into shelters or jail during extreme weather?

Answer Votes %
Yes 318 49%
No 325 51%
Total: 643 100%

Hmm. better than earlier but I am suprised at how close the numbers are...

#57 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:14 PM

Huh, Remember When, an encore presentation is on right now. Maybe the new direction is to play old shows.

#58 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

Huh, Remember When, an encore presentation is on right now. Maybe the new direction is to play old shows.

Susan Woods responds to cancellation of show:

http://www.pugetsoun...l?m-1254956614/

#59 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Well I feel badly for Susan as I enjoyed her shows but sometimes you have to know when to pick your battles. The reality is that weekend shows on CFAX are paid advertisments no different than what you see on late night TV. An advertisor pays for the block and then hires a host or pays for content to fill it.

I would be very suprised if any sponsor agreement with CFAX did not entitle CFAX to ownership of the shows it aired. With all of the Government cutbacks it is no wonder that funding for the show was cut given that the museum was covering the costs.

My opinion is that Victoria is too small a town to start picking fights with the media.

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Well I feel badly for Susan as I enjoyed her shows but sometimes you have to know when to pick your battles. The reality is that weekend shows on CFAX are paid advertisments no different than what you see on late night TV. An advertisor pays for the block and then hires a host or pays for content to fill it.

I would be very suprised if any sponsor agreement with CFAX did not entitle CFAX to ownership of the shows it aired. With all of the Government cutbacks it is no wonder that funding for the show was cut given that the museum was covering the costs.

My opinion is that Victoria is too small a town to start picking fights with the media.

Making it unique is that she is married to the executive director of the Maritime Museum, the show's sponsor:

http://www.susanwood...ia.com/bio.html

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users