CFAX AM / iHeart Radio Victoria | AM 1070

• Please log in to reply
1447 replies to this topic

#1221 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,604 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:42 PM

I use Firefox instead of Safari on my Mac because the former has far greater flexibility, and a wider range of third-party extensions for video/audio downloading. Have tried Safari and still no luck with CFAX's site.

For example, I want to listen to last Friday's noon show with Mike K., at http://www.iheartrad...oplay=1.8046400 -- it won't even stream in Firefox or Safari, let alone permit a download. Anyone here experiencing the same problem?

You might be on to something - I think the issue is the site and not your machine or browser; I tried and failed to listen, stream and download the clip on my daughters tablet (Windows 7, using IE) and my wife's laptop (Windows 10, Chrome) and both attempts resulted in a big fat "nada". 

#1222 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

Adam Stirling just posted on his FB page that Terry Moore passed away today

#1223 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Adam Stirling just posted on his FB page that Terry Moore passed away today

WHAT!.............That's crazy, he was just on the air a few weeks ago filling in for someone. He always came back and filled in for slots when people were away on vacation etc.

Must have been something very sudden like a heart attack.   RIP

#1224 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

RIP Terry Moore 

#1225 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

WHAT!.............That's crazy, he was just on the air a few weeks ago filling in for someone. He always came back and filled in for slots when people were away on vacation etc.

Must have been something very sudden like a heart attack.   RIP

Cancer as I understand it. Sad day for Victoria & media in BC. 

#1226 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

For sure,

I never shared anything in common with his political views, and I didn't agree with a lot of the things he said on air,  but I always respected him as an on air personality. He was really, really good at it.   I am sure he is gonna have one heck of an obituary.

#1227 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

I listened to Adam Sterling this morning for awhile, I like this guy. How soon can we expect him to get canned?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1228 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

I listened to Adam Sterling this morning for awhile, I like this guy. How soon can we expect him to get canned?

Well ever since that I HEART RADIO or BELL or whoever it is that bought CFAX took over, they have not had people last more then a few years.  They are a MASSIVE corporation that owns it, and because of this the station will never have stability.  They keep trying new things, such as a few years ago when they tried to change C-Fax into a Sports station 15 hours day. Thankfully that didn't last too long. Right now they are going through what I call the "CNN" phase, where they have radio hosts focus on incorporating Left Wing ideologies into their shows, and often presenting very "Simple" subject matter that is intentionally geared toward the Left wing Listener.  Who knows what this Corporation will do next with our once beloved C-Fax 1070?  The only reason I even listen to it, is because I like talk radio, and there is nothing else in town that competes with it.  In all honesty, I think Victoria is big enough now to accommodate a Second News/Talk radio station. But the only way for it to compete would be to have a station that does the exact opposite of C-Fax and presents program content that is conservative/right wing  in nature. It's just how it goes these days.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 24 September 2018 - 07:45 PM.

#1229 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

Adam sure didn't sound too left wing this morning questioning about the squatters.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1230 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Adam sure didn't sound too left wing this morning questioning about the squatters.

Adam flip flops a lot, Joe for sure isn't afraid to open his mouth, but still backs down right when I think he is gonna let it rip, and Mark is probably the only host currently that I would say could be ever so slightly ...with just a slight breeze, gently leaning right. Out of the 3 main daytime hosts Mark is def my favorite. But I do miss the old C-Fax Format before it got so political. There was a time when C-Fax was neither Left or Right....it was neutral.  It was a much more enjoyable station then.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 24 September 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#1231 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Adam isn't particularly right wing, but he tends to make CFAX a little more centered.  He brings forward facts that the UVIC activists have tried to obscure.  An average of 20% of the homeless population having arrived here within the last 12 months for example and how that equates to planning to end homelessness.  The lack of a provincial plan on providing services needed to manage the difficulties faced by the homeless.

Now we have a tent city facebook page asking for a letter campaign to Bell Media demanding he be fired.   It's ironic since he speaks for the best interest of the homeless more than the tent city leaders do.

• rjag, sebberry and pennymurphy2000 like this

#1232 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,604 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:51 PM

Indeed, cancer, as reported by Puget Sound Radio. Sad day I remember him best from his 'NW days (1980-92) back when that station and indeed the industry had substance and integrity. Long time broadcaster with lengthy gigs in New York, Alberta and Vancouver before he retired from regular on air assignments in 2016. He'll be missed for sure.

#1233 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

yes he had some style for sure. I don’t recall him having an off day where his enthusiasm was not dailed right up. which is pretty good for an 82 year old guy.

#1234 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Many don’t know but Terry was also an actor and was featured in television series.

I can’t believe he’s gone. We had had a show with him earlier this year and he seemed as active and go-get-‘em as ever. If I remember correctly, my first ever appearance on CFAX was in studio with Terry.

Damn.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1235 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

Anyone else having audio issues while trying to listen to the CFAX debate right now? It played some elevator music and then nothing but dead air.

#1236 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

Anyone else having audio issues while trying to listen to the CFAX debate right now? It played some elevator music and then nothing but dead air.

Working now.

Edited by spanky123, 02 October 2018 - 08:10 AM.

#1237 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

It just started now. Technical difficulties.

• VIResident likes this

#1238 pennymurphy2000

pennymurphy2000
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

Phew!

#1239 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

fail

#1240 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

fail

I think that the Helps team is sabotaging the effort :-)

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users