• Please log in to reply
8823 replies to this topic

#8781 conga

conga
  • 22 posts
  • LocationQuadra Village

Posted 24 March 2024 - 01:30 PM

Breaking News from the Conga Beat

Inside sources have shared that the former Bubby's Pizza and Bakery location at Quadra and Kings is officially under new ownership. A new dinner-focused restaurant, also offering brunch, will be opening in May.

• Mike K., Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#8782 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,054 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 01:34 PM

Excellent intel.

Now get us the scoop on that Brentwood Bay sale.

Thank you.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 March 2024 - 01:41 PM.

• Mike K. and conga like this

#8783 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 02:33 PM

As Michael Crichton movies go I would say Conga was probably one of the weakest.

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#8784 conga

conga
  • 22 posts
  • LocationQuadra Village

Posted 24 March 2024 - 03:08 PM

As Michael Crichton movies go I would say Conga was probably one of the weakest.

First of all, how dare you.

• Mike K., aastra, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#8785 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 06:23 PM

I knew that would be controversial. I'm just saying the dinosaurs looked better in The Mambo Kings.

• Mike K. likes this

#8786 conga

conga
  • 22 posts
  • LocationQuadra Village

Posted 24 March 2024 - 11:16 PM

Well DOY!

• Mike K. likes this

#8787 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 03:23 PM

Refire Kitchen is taking over Beacon Books in Sidney. Beacon Books closed earlier this year.
  • Matt R. and pikabu like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8788 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 08:50 AM

Zombies pizza has opened up at 1630 cedar hill x Rd. Not sure if this is the same Zombies pizza from the old Wharf street location years ago.

https://zombiespizza.com/

#8789 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 10:51 AM

It’s the same I think. All the menu links take you to the website for the Joint pizzeria.

#8790 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 12:48 AM

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

$3,299,999

1015 Fort St
Victoria, British Columbia V8V3K5

957686_1.jpg

Unveiling a Versatile Downtown Gem. Nestled between Vancouver and Cook St. in downtown Victoria, a two-storey building constructed in 1950 awaits its next chapter. With over 6,000 sq. ft. across two levels, this property boasts a seismic upgrade permit from 2008, signifying structural resilience. Presently a thriving restaurant and banquet hall, the property's allure deepens with a 1-bedroom suite at the bottom level's rear. What sets this offering apart is the comprehensive inclusion of all restaurant equipment, ensuring a seamless transition for aspiring restaurateurs. The kitchen, operating on natural gas, coupled with a recent heating/cooling system installation, enhances operational efficiency. However, the real estate allure extends beyond its current use. The adjacent building, featuring approximately 30 micro units, sets the stage for a mixed-use masterpiece. Zoning regulations permitting, envision a harmonious blend of commercial and residential spaces, tapping into the burgeoning demand for versatile urban living. Adaptive reuse is a viable option, transforming the existing structure into boutique offices, creative workspaces, or a fusion of retail and residential units. The symbiosis of historical charm and modern functionality creates a canvas for innovative redevelopment. This downtown gem is not merely a property; it's an investment canvas waiting for the strokes of creativity and foresight. As Victoria's landscape evolves, this property stands as a testament to the potential of adaptive urban redevelopment, offering an exciting venture for those with the vision to unlock its true value.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 01 April 2024 - 12:48 AM.

#8791 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 05 April 2024 - 06:43 AM

Yates Street’s Brazuca Brazilian food restaurant, adjacent to Brickyard Pizza, looks like it has closed. Can anyone confirm?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#8792 FawltyVic

FawltyVic
  • 396 posts
  • LocationGreater Victoria

Posted 06 April 2024 - 08:42 PM

Ann, the owner of "Culis Pho & More" at 153-2745 Veteran's Memorial Parkway in Langford, passed away earlier this week at Royal Jubilee Hospice of cancer.

The restaurant/convenience store is being cleaned and cleared out.

There is no indication the business will carry on.

I'm going to miss her and her food. She was a great personality, very kind and she made the best damn Vietnamese food I've ever had.

Ann previously owned the convenience store on Esquimalt Rd. in the same building where the old Esquimalt Legion was located.

Edited by FawltyVic, 06 April 2024 - 08:44 PM.

#8793 pgwood

pgwood
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 04:08 PM

IMG_4043.jpeg This one is fresh today

#8794 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 04:14 PM

Crazy. They posted on Instagram yesterday. Their Wednesday specials.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 11 April 2024 - 04:16 PM.

#8795 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 04:16 PM

Well that’s sudden.

#8796 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,775 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 04:58 PM

Smith's Pub?

#8797 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 09:51 PM

That’s the one. Apparently no notice to the crew.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#8798 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 06:25 AM

IMG_4043.jpegThis one is fresh today

Dang. I was just there, remarking on how bleak Douglas at Courtney looks with HSBC having vacated the space. I asked around but nobody knew if RBC would be opening a branch there. I doubt it makes sense, being that they’re just two blocks up.

Then the news of Smith’s came up. It’s a big blow for that area. I don’t know how things are going for the Wicket, but it could be busier there, for sure.

Know it all.

#8799 conga

conga
  • 22 posts
  • LocationQuadra Village

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:25 AM

Chorizo & Co closing, as per facebook:

"To all of our followers, it is with a heavy heart that we must inform you that Chorizo & Co. will be closing it’s doors.

We have made the difficult decision to sell the restaurant. The new operators have their own concept, therefore the final service for Chorizo & Co. will be Saturday May 18th, 2024.
We would like to say that it has been an absolute pleasure to have had the opportunity to live our dream and operate a restaurant in this city amongst some of the very best. We thank every single one of you who have stopped in over the past five and a half years. You’re what made all of this so special.
We’ll still be doing our thing for the next 5 weeks and would love to see you one more time!
Thanks again for being such an incredible community, we truly could not have done it without you.
- Stephen, Dave & the rest of the Chorizo & Co. crew"

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#8800 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,054 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:33 AM

Good intel.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (4), conga