Photo

Food services comings and goings in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
8824 replies to this topic

#1841 Mr Cook Street

Mr Cook Street
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

How the heck did they get that extra sidewalk for an expanded patio?

I was quite pleased and surprised to see that too.

#1842 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

I heard a rumour that Beany's might be starting up again.

https://vimeo.com/110260174

#1843 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

I heard a rumour that Beany's might be starting up again.

https://vimeo.com/110260174

Do we still have Ice Cream Mountain before Goldstream on the TCH?  I'd turn that into a soup and coffee place and run it all year.  Soup on the go!

o.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1844 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Do we still have Ice Cream Mountain before Goldstream on the TCH?  I'd turn that into a soup and coffee place and run it all year.  Soup on the go!

Soup?   How do you eat that going over the Malahat?

I think spaghetti to go in a cone would be more manageable.

• Nparker likes this

#1845 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:35 PM

Soup?   How do you eat that going over the Malahat?

I think spaghetti to go in a cone would be more manageable.

Well, almost every car going over the Malahat on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning contains two people or more.  So most consumers of my concoctions are not driving.

Plus you are still allowed to sippy-cup and drive, that's not illegal (yet).

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1846 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

Not chunky anyway. When I order hot soup to go I always ask for it in a coffee cup. Easy sippin.

#1847 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

Nanaimo's Power House Living Foods Company is coming soon to Uptown. Sign is up today and the "kiosk" is  on the same side of the plaza as PV Amigos. June opening apparently , looks good

http://www.powerhouseliving.ca/

http://www.powerhous...a/raw-food-menu

Edited by Mr_E_Squirrel, 11 May 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#1848 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Sounds great! Not sure that Uptown would have been my choice for a fairly niche restaurant over anywhere in the core of Victoria.

#1849 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

Just to be clear, they are occupying a kiosk space, not a restaurant space, correct?

• Mr_E_Squirrel likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1850 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

Just to be clear, they are occupying a kiosk space, not a restaurant space, correct?

It is a kiosk space , on the same side of the plaza as PV Amigo's ...

#1851 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

OK great, thanks.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1852 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

They are not doing a full version. Mostly smoothies, fruit juices and snack type items
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#1853 sirswithin

sirswithin
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

So, we're getting a McDonald's in the Rona parking lot at Langford Parkway and Phipps. Only steps away from the McDonald's in Walmart across the street. I guess the Mcdonald's in Walmart sucks enough to justify building a full size one this side of the TransCanada.

• Nparker likes this

#1854 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,348 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

So, we're getting a McDonald's in the Rona parking lot at Langford Parkway and Phipps. Only steps away from the McDonald's in Walmart across the street. I guess the Mcdonald's in Walmart sucks enough to justify building a full size one this side of the TransCanada.

I suspect Walmart traffic alone is enough to fillup the one inside. This is the exact same situation as at Uptown mall, yet both McDonald's are always busy.

#1855 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

Just a few days ago I read that McDonalds was closing 9 locations due to poor sales. And now they are opening up a new one?  Also read that they are adding a bunch of salads to the menu. Who the f**k would go to a place that sells deathburgers to get a salad?  Since I can't have sodium or fat in my diet I have done extensive research on the nutritional values of every restaurant that has this data available. The results are mind boggling. If you care about your health, do yourself a favour and look into this, I guarantee your jaw will drop. You probably have no idea what you are eating.

For what it's worth, there are only 2 restaurants I have found that have low fat/sodium items on their menu. That would be Subway and Swiss Chalet.

Just my 3 cents. ( 2 cents plus tax).

#1856 snub

snub

Reflecting

• 442 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:40 PM

Can McDonalds be saved by salad?

Forget about supersizing — McDonald’s is betting super foods will help its bottom line.

It’s all part of the menu metamorphosis underway to help bring customers back to the embattled burger giant, headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill. Sales have declined for six straight quarters as it struggles with a bloated menu, slower service and the perception that its food is low quality.

#1857 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

Live-music Lacey-Lou Tapas Lounge closes, seeks community help

Mounting debt has resulted in the temporary closing of Lacey-Lou Tapas Lounge.

The venue, which opened April 5, 2014, has been unable to pay down its initial debt, despite hosting 550 events at its Broad Street location. An extensive renovation prior to opening sapped the operating capital, said owner-operator Natasha Grau-Ensminger.

“This whole year has been a struggle,” she said. “But the shows are paying for themselves.”

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.1yXA1wss.dpuf

#1858 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

They invested $100k into the alterations, according to a previous article. Ouch.

Know it all.

#1859 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

I think McDonalds is on the way out even though they continue to reinvent the wheel. For a few bucks more there are plenty of places to get a real burger on real bread.

#1860 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

I think McDonalds is on the way out even though they continue to reinvent the wheel. For a few bucks more there are plenty of places to get a real burger on real bread.

In fairness, McD's has real burgers and real bread.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users