BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#1601 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:00 PM

Yah, do you mind? Time to freshen things up, rebrand and all. Heck, maybe even start liking bike lanes. Lead Victoria into this new decades with your positive vision - they might even name a school after you. Anyways, just let Mike know, I'll pay for the name change.

#1602 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

... they might even name a school after you*...

Not gonna happen. I am a cisgendered, white male. While this does give me just the slightest chance as an NDP candidate (if they need to be hypocritical for electoral reasons), I suspect there won't be any schools in the foreseeable future carrying my moniker.

*although I do see why you said this

• zoomer likes this

#1603 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

I suspect there won't be any schools in the foreseeable future carrying my moniker.

Ha ha, sucks to be you.

dsc-0382.jpeg

• zoomer and Brantastic like this

#1604 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:47 PM

I’m a little jealous - all I got was this lousy t-shirt:

Attached Images

• B839A65D-6111-4FDE-962B-D95839DCFF21.jpeg

Edited by zoomer, 26 September 2020 - 09:47 PM.

• aastra likes this

#1605 yellow_baron

yellow_baron
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

The developer tracker just got updated- here's a rendering from the official plans submitted to the city.

hudson1.JPG

Sorry to pull back an old post but does anyone have a pdf copy of the Hudson One plans? The plans currently on the development tracker are variance plans and don't have the detailed floor by floor layouts and other analysis (e.g. light and shadow). I'm studying the area and curious to learn more about the towers.

#1606 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:56 PM

No sorry I don't yellow-barren.

But I do have this penthouse patio view if that helps?

121020973_182897116664647_20691109167470

Townline Homes 

Edited by zoomer, 17 October 2020 - 08:57 PM.

• Mike K., Promontory Kingpin and yellow_baron like this

#1607 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:48 AM

Nice. You're already moved in?

#1608 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:52 AM

I'm sure we all have the same reaction when looking at that pic.

"Would it really be so hard to develop the Dockside Green lot nearest the Bay St. Bridge?"

I mean, seriously. Why has it taken so long?

#1609 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:54 AM

Yah, last week. Unfortunately I can't afford patio furniture for a while. Not to mention the blue light filter on my glasses is clearly insufficient and I'm still waiting for Townline to install a dimmer switch in my unit.

#1610 yellow_baron

yellow_baron
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:45 AM

Yah, last week. Unfortunately I can't afford patio furniture for a while. Not to mention the blue light filter on my glasses is clearly insufficient and I'm still waiting for Townline to install a dimmer switch in my unit.

Zoomer, that's just gorgeous! Congratulations!! How do you like the building itself? 

#1611 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:52 AM

Err.. well, had some problems with the front door a couple weeks back, but other than that it's great!

And I umm.. just virtually live there. Like in my mind. Sorry, my attempts at humour often fall short. But if I did live in the penthouse I swear I would invite all of VV to a massive party. DJ, pinata, beer pong, Hawkins cheezies, some Thrifty Foods platters... It would be awesome.
  • Mike K., Nparker, Matt R. and 3 others like this

#1612 yellow_baron

yellow_baron
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:18 AM

Err.. well, had some problems with the front door a couple weeks back, but other than that it's great!

And I umm.. just virtually live there. Like in my mind. Sorry, my attempts at humour often fall short. But if I did live in the penthouse I swear I would invite all of VV to a massive party. DJ, pinata, beer pong, Hawkins cheezies, some Thrifty Foods platters... It would be awesome.

Haha ah well that's too bad - that could've been some party. 

• zoomer and Nparker like this

#1613 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:22 AM

...And I umm.. just virtually live there. Like in my mind. Sorry, my attempts at humour often fall short. But if I did live in the penthouse I swear I would invite all of VV to a massive party. DJ, pinata, beer pong, Hawkins cheezies, some Thrifty Foods platters... It would be awesome.

You had me at Hawkins' Cheezies.

• zoomer and Matt R. like this

#1614 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:26 AM

Because if I get there and it's Cheetos I'm going Van Halen on the place.

• zoomer, Nparker, Matt R. and 1 other like this

#1615 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:24 AM

Sorry, my attempts at humour often fall short.

You're too hard on yourself.*

*fiendishly clever backhanded compliment

#1616 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

Anyway, I'm sure the actual owner of the penthouse will be joining this board shortly in order to show off the place. It's a tradition. All penthouse owners do it.

• Nparker likes this

#1617 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

Yes, they do.. but only a few of them have hosted ALL VV access parties - unlike my generous promise EVERY SINGLE TIME I buy the penthouse suite (and always with the Hawkins).

Anyways to make up the postponed party, here's a distant and different perspective of HP1

118406291_634007753913772_38115818844674

https://www.instagra...g_web_copy_link
  • aastra and Brantastic like this

#1618 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:21 PM

Great perspective. From that angle the Permanent Loan Building would have looked almost as tall as the new office block on Pandora.

All that view needs now is something on Blanshard between Cormorant and Pandora, and something at the north end of Douglas there.

#1619 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:32 PM

Good grief Aastra.. something on the north end would block the view of Mt Doug from downtown - that's why we have view cones. Well, it would block the view of a drone or someone on the Bay rooftop food court patio, but that's still important.

I had a friend (really) who was looking at an apartment on upper Yates Street - the Toronto based rental company was and still does promise fantastic views of the Songhees Mountains from there.. it's like 4 floors, you can't even see Songhees nevermind their majestic snow capped peaks.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1620 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:42 PM

Good grief Aastra.. something on the north end would block the view of Mt Doug from downtown - that's why we have view cones. Well, it would block the view of a drone or someone on the Bay rooftop food court patio, but that's still important.

I had a friend (really) who was looking at an apartment on upper Yates Street - the Toronto based rental company was and still does promise fantastic views of the Songhees Mountains from there.. it's like 4 floors, you can't even see Songhees nevermind their majestic snow capped peaks.

forget the views of the Songhees Mountains.  the view of the dishwashers in some suites is what people want.

Our updated apartments have balconies with views of the beautiful Songhees Mountains and dishwashers in some suites.  1204 Yates also features furnished suites that include cable & internet.

https://rentals.ca/v...reet-apartments

• Mike K., aastra, Nparker and 1 other like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)