BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: 176 (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: pre-sales
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca      Official website: hudsonplaceone.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1629 replies to this topic

#1621 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:49 PM

Yes, that's it! See, I wasn't exaggerating.. good grief.
  • Matt R. likes this

#1622 aastra

aastra
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

...with views of the beautiful Songhees Mountains and dishwashers in some suites.

Come on. Nobody would disagree that Gary Hoyer and laconic and other Songhees suite owners have nice dishwashers, but beautiful dishwashers? That seems a bit over the top. If their dishwashers are beautiful then what superlatives would we reserve for Mike K.'s custom-made $85,000 European dishwasher? (and yes, Mike K. does have European dishes... he wouldn't eat off anything less)

Anyway, I wonder how Gary and laconic and others feel about the tenants of 1204 Yates having views of their dishwashers? If it makes them uncomfortable I suppose they could cover the dishwasher with a sheet or something. Maybe that's why the dishwashers are visible in some suites only.

• zoomer, Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#1623 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 17,138 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:24 PM

does my french maid count as a european dishwasher?

• zoomer likes this

#1624 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:58 PM

That listing is hilarious, again clearly written by someone who is just looking at a map or Google Earth from Toronto:.

"close to downtown and many parks including Stadacona Park, Pioneer Square and Royal Athletic Park.

Ok then.. and while RAP is called a park, normally you need to pay to enter, but I suppose if the shower isn't working in your unit..
  • Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#1625 aastra

aastra
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:34 PM

The NPNA, DRA, and other neighbourhood associations might want to take note. If 1204 Yates is indeed close to Pioneer Square and Stadacona Park even though it's a few blocks away from either of them, then does that mean the lack of a park or green space on every frickin' block isn't such a deficiency after all?

#1626 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:55 PM

Well, for Toronto it's close. Victoria requires far more parks because we're dealing with a denser urban environment and greater population density than Toronto. They have the Niagara Falls and five pretty big lakes right in or near their downtown, so like that's enough. Many people are saying their lakes are much better than ours.. plus Swan Lake and Beaver Lake are no where near our downtown.

#1627 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 59,350 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:14 PM

That explains why the rise in Vic West is a mountain.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1628 aastra

aastra
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:34 PM

Nice pic here...

pic from https://victoriaexec...dson-place-one/

Edited by aastra, 30 October 2020 - 04:42 PM.

#1629 aastra

aastra
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

^Super zoominable*, too.

*technical jargon

• zoomer likes this

#1630 zoomer

zoomer
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:19 PM

I love anything that’s zoomerinable.

Great pics, thanks for taking those Aastra. Is Hudson One the best 25 storey building in Canada? In the top 25 at least? Probably in the running for the best 25 storey building in a former Bay parkade.
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users