Photo

Churches in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:04 AM

Beyond that there are no links whatsover between the two groups and insofar as 'what they actually do' in FM temples involves everything from reviewing the minutes of the last meeting, to discussing and passing a budget for the upcoming year, to organizing elections for lodge officers each calendar year, not to mention considering and vetting and evaluating potential initiates into the order. All very mystical and mysterioius stuff, lol.

That’s right. Joseph Smith believed the FM rites originated in Solomons temple (a common belief in the 1800s I think). He was a FM for a short time before they learned he was exporting their rituals to his own cult, and he was kicked out. Thus the Mormon narrative is that FM’s have a bastardized version of the proper ancient Jewish temple rituals, and Mormons have the ‘pure’ restored version.

From the outside it’s completely bananas. But I assure you, Mormons really and truly believe it deeply. It’s one of the strangest religions out there.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#102 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,351 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:13 AM

I don't agree with this.

You can't disagree with it. It's what 'he thinks'.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#103 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:22 AM

...It’s one of the strangest religions out there.

Affixing the term "strange" to religion seems redundant.

#104 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:49 AM

Affixing the term "strange" to religion seems redundant.

Humans by nature are religious animals. >80% worldwide consider themselves religious. https://www.pewresea...landscape-exec/

It's only the humanist/atheist/material fad (largely confined to Gen X neckbeard intellectuals) who think the supernatural is nonsense. 

The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.”
-Werner Heisenberg

#105 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:53 AM

It is religion that turned me into an atheist, not science.

• Matt R. likes this

#106 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:09 AM

It is religion that turned me into an atheist, not science.

Fair enough. But someone else I know hated religion as well

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.  "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. "Woe to you, blind guides! 

If you read the new testament, you realize that Christianity isn't supposed to be a religion. There's no rules, laws or certain works required for Christian life and afterlife.

It's about knowing Jesus the person (He is alive) in a relationship. Then allowing His spirit to basically 'possess' you.

When you know Him, and you deny yourself ("taking up your cross daily") then you can let His Spirit control your life. That's the whole idea. Most people aren't aware of this.

Yes, it sounds looney tunes. So you have to find out, is Jesus is living today? This the most important question, it demands investigation and an answer.

#107 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

You do you, max. As long as you don't force me to believe we're all good.

#108 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:19 AM

Nobody can force you to believe, not even God. But I do pray for you. Hope you don't mind :)

#109 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:25 AM

Freemasonry is Satanic, so everything built upon Masonic underpinnings can only be that, too.

Satanism isn’t inherently “bad.” It views balance, or duality, as the foundation (ie there has to be a balance between righteousness and selfishness). The ‘good’ God that Satanists reject, wants you to only love.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#110 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,810 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:47 AM

...But I do pray for you. Hope you don't mind...

I don't mind, but I am sure there are better ways to spend your time.

#111 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:24 AM

I don't mind, but I am sure there are better ways to spend your time.

Probably not, if I truly believe your eternity is on the line! 

• lanforod and Daveyboy like this

#112 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,625 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 07:11 PM

Freemasonry is Satanic, so everything built upon Masonic underpinnings can only be that, too.

Satanism isn’t inherently “bad.” It views balance, or duality, as the foundation (ie there has to be a balance between righteousness and selfishness). The ‘good’ God that Satanists reject, wants you to only love.

Just....no. We can agree to disagree on that point I think. You've hammered that nut before Mike and always with the same result, i.e. you believe what you will and I - who am actually in the fraternity - will do likewise and we both solemmnly promise not to try to convert the other guy :)

• m3m likes this

#113 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 06:52 AM

Oh yeah, I’m not trying to convert you, or directing my responses at you at all. Masonry has been long outed as a Luciferian organization. It’s not exactly a secret.

It’s also not necessarily a “bad” thing that it is. It is in contrast with Abrahamic religion, though, which makes it difficult to reconcile by members of those religions.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#114 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,351 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 April 2024 - 08:05 AM

Hey Mike, can you prove it, or at least point to resources that provide evidence that at least meets 'more likely than not' standard?

#115 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:02 AM

You need to develop some understanding of the occult to then have the basis for a discussion. It’s like a language you have to learn.

That’s part of the reason why these societies can hide in plain sight, and so easily deny accusations or shut down debate. Unless you understand what you’re dealing with it’s impossible to debate the topic.

If you’re interested in this, read Manly P. Hall’s Secret Teachings of All Ages. It’s not a debate on Masonic symbolism, but it’s a foundation, or a starting point, from which you can take your research further. That book will peel back the veil ever so slightly.

Again, I’m not saying Luciferianism is good or bad. But it is ‘good’ to know it when you see it, and to understand what it’s about so you can come to your own conclusions and make your own informed choices.

Know it all.

#116 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:06 AM

I’m pretty conflicted about religion.

Most people are good. Religious people often more so.

But some of the beliefs - well, they defy belief often.
  • Matt R. likes this

#117 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:19 AM

Maybe Luciferianism is the way? Maybe Abrahamic religions are in fact a method of control and gate keeping. How do we really know? We don’t. But generally, being a good person, and being good to others, makes life so much better and simpler for all. Luciferianism says that the world would be better still if we just looked out for our own best interests, be they perceived as good, or not so good, so long as it’s motivated by self interest. Then everything equals out.

We can see how that can be tricky for a society, though.

So then that brings us back to Abrahamic region, which wants you to only love others, because self-interest can lead you astray, and harm others, but being good means your interests are not necessarily the most important, so you have to give something up, so that someone else isn’t harmed. What’s the better outcome for society as a whole?

It’s a question philosophers and theologians have pondered for millennia.

Know it all.

#118 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:21 AM

Millennia? Not so sure.

#119 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,592 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:23 AM

The debate over Good vs Evil predates the 1950s.

Know it all.

#120 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,131 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 07:30 AM

How did anyone debate before the internet?

Like, in person? Or by mail?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)